Change Healthcare occupies a uniquely interconnected position at the center of healthcare. We believe it is our responsibility to test, adopt, and refine new technologies to help create a more efficient healthcare system. As healthcare technology leaders, we are passionate about building enterprise-class solutions using the latest cloud technologies and current development best practices. We have a bias for action with a broad mandate to innovate and provide world class healthcare solutions.
- Level: Experienced
- Travel: Local
What makes a successful Software Engineer at Change Healthcare?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
- Quick learner
“I love working at Change Healthcare! I get to work with incredibly intelligent people who always share their knowledge and help me improve my skills, I work with cutting edge cloud technology, and I get the satisfaction of knowing that the work I am doing is directly helping to improve the US healthcare system. Change Healthcare is a fantastic company that encourages personal growth and has provided plenty of opportunities to advance my career.” Derek Kruger
“When I think about working at Change Healthcare, I think about some of the most fruitful experiences of my career. At every turn, the company has encouraged and pursued innovation all while bolstering up and supporting me as an individual contributor. There a ton of hurdles in the healthcare industry and I have full confidence that Change Healthcare will be one of those companies who can solve them. I am glad to be a part of this journey.” Jacob Smith
Cloud Software Engineer
“I savor every day working at Change Healthcare. With a strong cloud-first mantra and push for true DevOps from senior leadership, the work and processes are under constant pressure to improve. Not only do I work with many dedicated, interesting, and smart people, I know my work helps improve healthcare and medical processes for the entire country.” Leeland Artra
“I am very thankful for the growth and development opportunities given to me every day at Change Healthcare. Knowing that the meaningful work I am a part of changes lives encourages me daily. The culture to develop and nurture excellence continues to inspire me to become a better engineer and professional.” Rachael Babcock
Cloud Software Engineer
“What I love most about my job is that I have the opportunity to work on a variety of technical problems that push me to improve my technical and problem solving skills. Being part of the data engineering team, I always have freedom to work on cutting edge technologies alongside a motivated team.” Sandeep Datla
Software Engineer IV
There are numerous career paths and opportunities for growth at Change Healthcare. Below is an example of the trajectory you could have in your careers as a Software Engineer.
Our Total Rewards
Our Total Rewards strategy consists of a portfolio of offerings: compensation, recognition, well-being and benefits, that are aligned with our talent management strategy, enabling us to attract, develop, engage, reward, and retain employees. Our engaged workforce enables a high performing culture.
Paying for Performance
Rewards and Recognition
Paid Time Off
Volunteer Days and
Tulsa, Oklahoma - Additional locations
Overview of Position
Design, test, code and deliver high quality secure production software with completely automated tests suitable for cloud deployment at scale. Develop automated tests (TDD including unit, integration, smoke, acceptance tests) to achieve test coverage for continuous deployment and near 100% availability. Execute acceptance tests and maintain test artifacts in a shared repository.
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
- Collaborate with Tech Lead (TL) Cloud Engineer and Product Owner (PO) to refine user stories and acceptance criteria. Work with PO to confirm that the code and acceptance tests reflect the desired functionality.
- Participate in planning and in committing to team and individual objectives.
- Conduct research, spikes, design, prototyping and other innovation, exploration and learning activities.
- Trunk based development - commit new or modified code reviewed to the shared source code repository and master trunk daily.
- Pair with another Cloud Engineer when appropriate to develop code and associated automatic tests.
- Participate in continuous improvement of the software itself, team’s process, CI/CD and development environments, including infrastructure as code.
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- 4+ years of experience in software development - .NET, C#
- 2+ years professional experience with indexed data persistence such as Relational Databases (SQL) or NoSQL Data Stores.
- Ability to execute moderate complexity software engineering assignments when provided high level business requirements and technical design guidelines from an architect or senior engineer with minimal supervision.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience.
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- Cloud application development, including serverless and containerized in AWS
- Experience with C++, Selenium Scripting, TeamCity, Subversion or Git source code management, and / or JIRA tool.
- Visual Studio
What are the working conditions and physical requirements of this job?
General office demands
Join our team today where we are creating a better coordinated, increasingly collaborative, and more efficient healthcare system!
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement
Change Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, or veteran status. To read more about employment discrimination protections under federal law, read EEO is the Law at https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/eeo-law-poster and the supplemental information at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Applicant requesting reasonable accommodation" as the subject. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Click here https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf to view our pay transparency nondiscrimination policy.
California (US) Residents: By submitting an application to Change Healthcare for consideration of any employment opportunity, you acknowledge that you have read and understood Change Healthcare’s Privacy Notice to California Job Applicants Regarding the Collection of Personal Information.
Change Healthcare maintains a drug free workplace and conducts pre-employment drug-testing, where applicable, in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
Don't see the role you're looking for or not ready to apply yet?
Sign-up to get the latest opportunities at Change Healthcare.