Senior Software Developer
Job ID R27186
Date posted 05/18/2022
Change Healthcare occupies a uniquely interconnected position at the center of healthcare. We believe it is our responsibility to test, adopt, and refine new technologies to help create a more efficient healthcare system. As healthcare technology leaders, we are passionate about building enterprise-class solutions using the latest cloud technologies and current development best practices. We have a bias for action with a broad mandate to innovate and provide world class healthcare solutions.
- Level: Experienced
- Travel: Local
What makes a successful Software Engineer at Change Healthcare?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
- Quick learner
There are numerous career paths and opportunities for growth at Change Healthcare. Below is an example of the trajectory you could have in your careers as a Software Engineer.
Career Path Steps
- Step 1: Engineer 1
- Step 2: Engineer 2
- Step 3: Senior Engineer
- Step 4: Staff Engineer
- Step 5: Principal Engineer
Our Total Rewards
Our Total Rewards strategy consists of a portfolio of offerings: compensation, recognition, well-being and benefits, that are aligned with our talent management strategy, enabling us to attract, develop, engage, reward, and retain employees. Our engaged workforce enables a high performing culture.
Paid Time Off
Volunteer Days and
Senior Software Developer
Overview of Position
As a Sr. Cloud Software Developer, you will be part of a team that develops cutting edge cloud solutions as part of the Enterprise Imaging group at Change Healthcare. Your role will extend from helping conceptualize and design new solutions and implementing those solutions. We are looking for individuals who are not only technically strong, who are innovative, and customer orientated.
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
Sr. Cloud Software Developer works in an agile development team under the guidance of the Development Manager and will have the following job duties:
- Responsible for design applications by analyzing requirements and architectural constraints, and by identifying design methodologies and patterns to be used
- Responsible for implementation of client/server using web development programming technologies
- Responsible for the design and implementation of unit, integration and automated tests
- Collaborate with the other team members throughout the development lifecycle, including working closely with members from different functional groups such as DevOps, Product Management, Support, Services, and Sales
- Support deployment effort and helps troubleshoot post-deployment issues
- Accept ownership for of problems and challenges and proactively explore opportunities to add value to the overall software development effort within the organization
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- 4+ years of experience as a Cloud Software Developer
- 4 + years’ experience as a full-stack Cloud Developer
- 1 + years experience as a web developer
- Proven track record in designing and developing highly scalable cloud applications in a containerized microservices architecture
- Experience in test automation development
- Experience Git, TFS, Microsoft .Net Core and Docker
- Knowledge of C#, .Net Core, NodeJS
- 4-year degree in computer science or related field or equivalent experience
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- Experience development of Medical Devices would be an asset
- GCP (Google Cloud Platform) development experience would be an asset
- Experience in agile development methodology
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent design skills, including a solid OOAD foundation, Cloud application design patterns, and development techniques
- Familiarity with all the stages of cloud software development life cycle is required
- Have the drive to progress and learn new skills and grow as a developer
What are the working conditions and physical requirements of this job?
General office demands
Join our team today where we are creating a better coordinated, increasingly collaborative, and more efficient healthcare system!
Some of our positions require employees to be onsite at a Change Healthcare facility or a Client site, including Medical Facilities. Depending on the site’s health and safety guidelines, you may be required to have medical screenings or vaccinations to meet site requirements, which may include Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing. Further details and requirements will be confirmed during the interview process.
Join Our Talent Community
Receive job alerts and stay up to date with ways that Change Healthcare is transforming the healthcare industry, one innovation at a time.