Senior Site Reliability Engineer (SRE)
Richmond, British Columbia
Change Healthcare occupies a uniquely interconnected position at the center of healthcare. We believe it is our responsibility to test, adopt, and refine new technologies to help create a more efficient healthcare system. As healthcare technology leaders, we are passionate about building enterprise-class solutions using the latest cloud technologies and current development best practices. We have a bias for action with a broad mandate to innovate and provide world class healthcare solutions.
- Level: Experienced
- Travel: Local
What makes a successful Software Engineer at Change Healthcare?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
- Quick learner
“I love working at Change Healthcare! I get to work with incredibly intelligent people who always share their knowledge and help me improve my skills, I work with cutting edge cloud technology, and I get the satisfaction of knowing that the work I am doing is directly helping to improve the US healthcare system. Change Healthcare is a fantastic company that encourages personal growth and has provided plenty of opportunities to advance my career.” Derek Kruger
“When I think about working at Change Healthcare, I think about some of the most fruitful experiences of my career. At every turn, the company has encouraged and pursued innovation all while bolstering up and supporting me as an individual contributor. There a ton of hurdles in the healthcare industry and I have full confidence that Change Healthcare will be one of those companies who can solve them. I am glad to be a part of this journey.” Jacob Smith
Cloud Software Engineer
“I savor every day working at Change Healthcare. With a strong cloud-first mantra and push for true DevOps from senior leadership, the work and processes are under constant pressure to improve. Not only do I work with many dedicated, interesting, and smart people, I know my work helps improve healthcare and medical processes for the entire country.” Leeland Artra
“I am very thankful for the growth and development opportunities given to me every day at Change Healthcare. Knowing that the meaningful work I am a part of changes lives encourages me daily. The culture to develop and nurture excellence continues to inspire me to become a better engineer and professional.” Rachael Babcock
Cloud Software Engineer
“What I love most about my job is that I have the opportunity to work on a variety of technical problems that push me to improve my technical and problem solving skills. Being part of the data engineering team, I always have freedom to work on cutting edge technologies alongside a motivated team.” Sandeep Datla
Software Engineer IV
There are numerous career paths and opportunities for growth at Change Healthcare. Below is an example of the trajectory you could have in your careers as a Software Engineer.
Our Total Rewards
Our Total Rewards strategy consists of a portfolio of offerings: compensation, recognition, well-being and benefits, that are aligned with our talent management strategy, enabling us to attract, develop, engage, reward, and retain employees. Our engaged workforce enables a high performing culture.
Paying for Performance
Rewards and Recognition
Paid Time Off
Volunteer Days and
Richmond, British Columbia - Additional locations
Transforming the future of healthcare isn’t something we take lightly. It takes teams of the best and the brightest, working together to make an impact.
As one of the largest healthcare technology companies in the U.S., we are a catalyst to accelerate the journey toward improved lives and healthier communities.
Here at Change Healthcare, we’re using our influence to drive positive changes across the industry, and we want motivated and passionate people like you to help us continue to bring new and innovative ideas to life.
If you’re ready to embrace your passion and do what you love with a company that’s committed to supporting your future, then you belong at Change Healthcare.
Pursue purpose. Champion innovation. Earn trust. Be agile. Include all.
Empower Your Future. Make a Difference.
Title: Senior Site Reliability Engineer (SRE)
Overview of Position
As a Senior Site Reliability Engineer (SRE), you will be responsible for ensuring reliability, security and efficiency of Change Healthcare’s Enterprise Imaging Cloud SaaS solution. This an opportunity to be instrumental in our evolution into a cloud SaaS solution with a rapidly growing customer base.
Responsibilities include production deployments, monitoring, ensuring SLAs are met, and incident response management. In addition, we try to improve our operations via software development by building automation for otherwise manual work.
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
- Operations: Production deployments, system admin tasks, BC/DR backups, firewall/network changes, monitor app and infrastructure.
- Service Reliability: Incident response management, troubleshooting issues, log analysis, performance concerns, SLA outages.
- Automation: Software development/scripting to automate manual tasks such as monitoring app for performance and compliance, infrastructure deployments and alerting.
- Collaboration: Support other teams to meet their infrastructural and monitoring needs.
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering or related field or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of DevOps/SRE/Cloud Infrastructure experience or equivalent experience in mainstream software development.
- 1+ years in a leadership type of responsibility such as mentoring or managing DevOps team or large operations projects.
- Willing to fully own the work and responsible for quality, efficiency and completeness of team goals.
- 2+ years of experience in programming/scripting.
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- Good programming skills (e.g. Git, Python, Bash, PowerShell)
- Strong knowledge of cloud infrastructure including compute, networking, storage and other cloud services e.g. (GCP, AWS, Azure). Certification preferred
- Strong knowledge of software fundamentals like web traffic (HTTP, TCP, REST), Networking, VPNs, Certs, Load Balancers, etc
- Infrastructure as code (e.g. Terraform, Ansible, Chef, Puppet)
- Experienced in containerization technologies (e.g. Docker, GKE/Kubernetes, EKS, Rancher)
- Setup and use of monitoring frameworks (e.g. Stackdriver, Influx db/TICK, grafana, ELK, prometheus, splunk, Nagios, NewRelic, Dynatrace, etc.)
- Able to Troubleshoot, prioritize problems and resolve them
- Excellent communicator (both verbal and written) as this role quires interaction with many teams
- Experience with DevOps methodology and Continuous Delivery tools and frameworks
What are the working conditions and physical requirements of this job?
- On-call rotation shifts as needed
- Able and willing to work in an agile fast-paced environment and quick to respond to change in work.
Join our team today where we are creating a better coordinated, increasingly collaborative, and more efficient healthcare system!
Don't see the role you're looking for or not ready to apply yet?
Sign-up to get the latest opportunities at Change Healthcare.