Cloud Engineer III (AWS, Python & Go)
Richmond, British Columbia
Change Healthcare occupies a uniquely interconnected position at the center of healthcare. We believe it is our responsibility to test, adopt, and refine new technologies to help create a more efficient healthcare system. As healthcare technology leaders, we are passionate about building enterprise-class solutions using the latest cloud technologies and current development best practices. We have a bias for action with a broad mandate to innovate and provide world class healthcare solutions.
- Level: Experienced
- Travel: Local
What makes a successful Software Engineer at Change Healthcare?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
- Quick learner
“I love working at Change Healthcare! I get to work with incredibly intelligent people who always share their knowledge and help me improve my skills, I work with cutting edge cloud technology, and I get the satisfaction of knowing that the work I am doing is directly helping to improve the US healthcare system. Change Healthcare is a fantastic company that encourages personal growth and has provided plenty of opportunities to advance my career.” Derek Kruger
“When I think about working at Change Healthcare, I think about some of the most fruitful experiences of my career. At every turn, the company has encouraged and pursued innovation all while bolstering up and supporting me as an individual contributor. There a ton of hurdles in the healthcare industry and I have full confidence that Change Healthcare will be one of those companies who can solve them. I am glad to be a part of this journey.” Jacob Smith
Cloud Software Engineer
“I savor every day working at Change Healthcare. With a strong cloud-first mantra and push for true DevOps from senior leadership, the work and processes are under constant pressure to improve. Not only do I work with many dedicated, interesting, and smart people, I know my work helps improve healthcare and medical processes for the entire country.” Leeland Artra
“I am very thankful for the growth and development opportunities given to me every day at Change Healthcare. Knowing that the meaningful work I am a part of changes lives encourages me daily. The culture to develop and nurture excellence continues to inspire me to become a better engineer and professional.” Rachael Babcock
Cloud Software Engineer
“What I love most about my job is that I have the opportunity to work on a variety of technical problems that push me to improve my technical and problem solving skills. Being part of the data engineering team, I always have freedom to work on cutting edge technologies alongside a motivated team.” Sandeep Datla
Software Engineer IV
There are numerous career paths and opportunities for growth at Change Healthcare. Below is an example of the trajectory you could have in your careers as a Software Engineer.
Our Total Rewards
Our Total Rewards strategy consists of a portfolio of offerings: compensation, recognition, well-being and benefits, that are aligned with our talent management strategy, enabling us to attract, develop, engage, reward, and retain employees. Our engaged workforce enables a high performing culture.
Paying for Performance
Rewards and Recognition
Paid Time Off
Volunteer Days and
Richmond, British Columbia - Additional locations
Transforming the future of healthcare isn’t something we take lightly. It takes teams of the best and the brightest, working together to make an impact.
As one of the largest healthcare technology companies in the U.S., we are a catalyst to accelerate the journey toward improved lives and healthier communities.
Here at Change Healthcare, we’re using our influence to drive positive changes across the industry, and we want motivated and passionate people like you to help us continue to bring new and innovative ideas to life.
If you’re ready to embrace your passion and do what you love with a company that’s committed to supporting your future, then you belong at Change Healthcare.
Pursue purpose. Champion innovation. Earn trust. Be agile. Include all.
Empower Your Future. Make a Difference.
Overview of Position
Cloud Engineer III (Open to Remote-Work Canada)
The Software Engineer role will focus on building complex systems on AWS services using a DevOps model that takes a solution throughout all phases from production to support. You’ll work on a small, agile scrum team building 100% fault tolerant code, 100% automation of tests and infrastructure. You’ll be learning new technologies, understanding our legacy clearinghouse solutions and figuring out how to build using current technologies.
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
- Plans, designs, develops, and tests software systems or applications.
- Software enhancements and new products including cloud-based or internet-related tools.
- Leads development of small projects and mentors junior team members.
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- 5+ years professional experience in software development. 4+ years professional experience with at least two modern programming languages such as C#, Java, Go, Python, etc. 2+ years professional experience with indexed data persistence such as Relational Databases (SQL) or NoSQL Data Stores.
- Ability to execute moderate complexity software engineering assignments when provided high level business requirements and technical design guidelines from an architect or senior engineer with minimal supervision.
- Ability to breakdown requirements into stories and provide estimates, perform code reviews, raise technical risk and create documentation.
- Experience providing low-level design using established enterprise standards and technology; strong debugging skills.
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (Fargate, Lambda, Kinesis, CloudWatch, DynamoDB, ElastiCache, Athena, etc).
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Knowledge in agile/scrum methodologies, DevOps, and software development lifecycle.
- Committed to current best practices, continuous deployment, 100% fault tolerance, high performance, infrastructure as code, and working in a Test Driven and DevOps organization.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong business acumen and mindset.
- Experience with X12 healthcare transactions such as Eligibility and Claims a plus.
- Experience with HIPAA compliance and the security of PHI data a plus.
What are the working conditions and physical requirements of this job?
General office demands
How much should I expect to travel?
10%. This position may require travel for training, planning, and other business needs. Usually, travel is outside the local area and overnight
Join our team today where we are creating a better coordinated, increasingly collaborative, and more efficient healthcare system!
Don't see the role you're looking for or not ready to apply yet?
Sign-up to get the latest opportunities at Change Healthcare.