Cloud Applications Engineer (remote)
Richmond, British Columbia
Change Healthcare occupies a uniquely interconnected position at the center of healthcare. We believe it is our responsibility to test, adopt, and refine new technologies to help create a more efficient healthcare system. As healthcare technology leaders, we are passionate about building enterprise-class solutions using the latest cloud technologies and current development best practices. We have a bias for action with a broad mandate to innovate and provide world class healthcare solutions.
- Level: Experienced
- Travel: Local
What makes a successful Software Engineer at Change Healthcare?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
- Quick learner
“I love working at Change Healthcare! I get to work with incredibly intelligent people who always share their knowledge and help me improve my skills, I work with cutting edge cloud technology, and I get the satisfaction of knowing that the work I am doing is directly helping to improve the US healthcare system. Change Healthcare is a fantastic company that encourages personal growth and has provided plenty of opportunities to advance my career.” Derek Kruger
“When I think about working at Change Healthcare, I think about some of the most fruitful experiences of my career. At every turn, the company has encouraged and pursued innovation all while bolstering up and supporting me as an individual contributor. There a ton of hurdles in the healthcare industry and I have full confidence that Change Healthcare will be one of those companies who can solve them. I am glad to be a part of this journey.” Jacob Smith
Cloud Software Engineer
“I savor every day working at Change Healthcare. With a strong cloud-first mantra and push for true DevOps from senior leadership, the work and processes are under constant pressure to improve. Not only do I work with many dedicated, interesting, and smart people, I know my work helps improve healthcare and medical processes for the entire country.” Leeland Artra
“I am very thankful for the growth and development opportunities given to me every day at Change Healthcare. Knowing that the meaningful work I am a part of changes lives encourages me daily. The culture to develop and nurture excellence continues to inspire me to become a better engineer and professional.” Rachael Babcock
Cloud Software Engineer
“What I love most about my job is that I have the opportunity to work on a variety of technical problems that push me to improve my technical and problem solving skills. Being part of the data engineering team, I always have freedom to work on cutting edge technologies alongside a motivated team.” Sandeep Datla
Software Engineer IV
There are numerous career paths and opportunities for growth at Change Healthcare. Below is an example of the trajectory you could have in your careers as a Software Engineer.
Our Total Rewards
Our Total Rewards strategy consists of a portfolio of offerings: compensation, recognition, well-being and benefits, that are aligned with our talent management strategy, enabling us to attract, develop, engage, reward, and retain employees. Our engaged workforce enables a high performing culture.
Paying for Performance
Rewards and Recognition
Paid Time Off
Volunteer Days and
Richmond, British Columbia - Additional locations
Cloud Applications Engineer III (remote)
*** This position can be based remotely anywhere in Canada ***
Cloud engineer to manage global demonstration system, responsible for any technological duties associated with cloud computing, including design, planning, management, shipping, maintenance, and support. Working with multiple departments and team members to define requirements, build and modify.
- Designs and develops data storage systems, processes and enhancements for company's complex, business critical internet site communications and/or network-based (cloud) product demonstration systems. (20%)
- Develops solutions and processes for reliable and stable demonstration system including data storage management, hardware verification, security, backup, restoration, archiving and replication. (20%)
- Analyzes, designs, programs, debugs, and modifies software enhancements and/or new products used in local, networked, cloud-based or Internet-related computer programs. (20%)
- Performs testing and debugging of applications and creates documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance. Inventory maintenance and review. Inventory tracking and maintenance. (20%)
- Interact with users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications. Implements patches, upgrades and updates as required. (20%)
The successful candidate will have to work with our Enterprise Imaging Network, Systems Engineering, DevOps, Product Management team, Workflow Intelligence, Cardiology, Radiology and Third-Party vendors, other teams outside of Enterprise Imaging within Change Healthcare and 3rd party hardware and software vendors.
Monitor system usage and statistics to further configure and optimize the system for core users. Current environments include EXSi and cloud-based systems hosted multiple instances of software builds. Quick and fast pace to gather requirements, build and have operational. Data is not live data; it is de-identified data that has been stripped of identifying data and other information.
Responsible for creating, merging, and maintaining new and existing cloud and cloud hosted demonstration system; requirements, build, maintenance, support, and process documentation.
JUDGEMENT AND DECISION MAKING
Ability to work independently and find optimal paths to solutions; involving multiple team members and consult with peers when issues arise to get unput and feedback.
Forward thinking in how the system is developed; build solutions that take into consideration issues of scaling and growth. Building a system that will satisfy both the immediate need and ensure that the build is robust for further long-term expansion.
- Experience including open-source technology, software implementation, system engineering, and scripting languages.
- Familiar with programming languages including batch files, powershell, and HTML.
- Experience with EXSi, Linux, Amazon Web Services, and Microsoft Azure.
- Experience with APIs and integrations between products.
- Knowledge/Experience with HL7 and DICOM processing, and EXSi.
- Knowledge/Experience with PACS/RIS/HIS systems (Hospital Information Systems).
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability to learn quickly in a high pace, challenging environment.
- Ability to conduct training sessions, give presentations, and interface and communicate with co-workers in a clear and professional manner.
- Travel and last-minute travel up to 10% is required to provide on-site support.
- Ability to provide afterhours support (including weekends) from time to time.
Bachelor of Science degree in computer science or related field with 3+ years of related experience; or Master’s degree with 1+ years of related experience; or PhD; or equivalent work experience.
Join our team today where we are creating a better coordinated, increasingly collaborative, and more efficient healthcare system!
Don't see the role you're looking for or not ready to apply yet?
Sign-up to get the latest opportunities at Change Healthcare.