Visit our career site, create a profile, and submit your application. Make sure to observe the job description and see how your background can align to the requirements of the role.
Revenue Cycle Operations Manager
Job ID R26114
Date posted 05/25/2022
Overview of Position
The Revenue Cycle Manager will be responsible for identifying individual and team training needs, application and assessing the effectiveness of training. Will respond to staff questions and concerns, manage payroll approval and time off for respective staff based on guidelines and exceptions. Completes, maintains and processes paperwork necessary for staff and client records.
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
- Compile and analyze information identified through A/R reports through A/R Pivots, MPF, Business Objects or specified billing platforms for current and/or potential billing issues specific to outstanding receivable and denial management
- Develop necessary summaries or reports using Microsoft-Excel/Word
- Presents data to appropriate parties and partners to develop resolutions with domestic and offshore affiliates as necessary
- Independently works to ensure that daily team operations flow smoothly; to include, but not limited to daily production assignments that will continue to develop understanding and knowledge of processing guidelines and expectations of respective client(s) payer mix
- Works in collaboration with peers, Manager(s) and Director(s) for guidance and reorganization of workflow to ensure internal and external business needs are met
- Participate in meetings with Payers, internal departments, Client contact(s) and TES Management, etc. to address trends in denials or unprocessed claims
- Creates and distributes department wide communications or pathways, notifying staff of updated insurance guidelines/processing information; to include, but not limited to pathways and social text updates
- Holds regular staff meetings to communicate changes in process, business results, organizational changes, or environmental changes
- Identifies and facilitates individual and/or team training needs for new or established team members
- Handles escalated client/patient issues that include but are not limited to unhappy patients/callers and client contacts that may require additional system or technical knowledge
- Ensures the effectiveness of the talent management process for the team by anticipating staffing needs, effective interviewing and on-boarding of new staff. Conducts timely and effective mid-year and annual performance reviews, and creates staff development plans to promote competency/skill development.
- Engages in employee performance management; to include, but not limited to creation, maintenance and delivery of performance documents and appraisals for direct reports, routine review of productivity utilizing applicable reports and systems available
- Completes and delivers quality reviews for staff development and process improvement; to include, but not limited to monthly 1:1 feedback sessions, recognition for strong performance, performance management for underperformers
- Reviews quality assurance reports with team leaders and employees; providing feedback on areas of success and improvement for domestic and offshore staff
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- Associates Degree; Bachelors preferred or the equivalent work experience
- 1+ years in medical billing experience preferred
- 3+ years in managerial experience required
- Moderate to Advanced working knowledge of MS Excel and MS Word
- Strong customer service experience
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- Strong ability to adapt to change; takes responsibility for own actions and positioned as an individual that can be counted on to ensure the accomplishment of projects/assignments based on commitments made.
- Strong business auditing skills and attention to detail, with the ability to identify, evaluate and report on financial transactions and internal controls. Assess and report on the efficiency and effectiveness of business process and operations.
- Ability to provide a high level of customer service to internal and external customers
- Effective decision-making skills that allow for logical, sound judgment in the use of resources; assessing and determining an appropriate course of action based on factors available, including set procedures and guidelines; selecting solutions and alternatives in a timely manner.
- Ability to work independently and drive execution by understanding actions and performance necessary to motivate staff and provide an environment that strives for continuous improvement.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to clearly communicate verbal or written expectations; outlines goals and objectives for all levels of staff within the team to achieve success.
- Capacity to evaluate interviewed candidates and make decisions that will match the most qualified individual to a position based on job function and requirements; strong talent champion that minimizes turnover.
- Represents the office/Organization in a positive manner; supports and encourages strong morale and spirit in his/her team.
- Fosters a positive teamwork environment, to include respectful, open communication and management practices while always exercising confidentiality of sensitive subject matter.
- Can marshal resources to complete tasks and orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish goals
- Can negotiate skillfully in tough situations; can win consensus without damaging relationships
- Works well with others; ability to work with and communicate with individuals of varying disciplines.
What are the working conditions and physical requirements of this job?
General office duties and conditions
Join our team today where we are creating a better coordinated, increasingly collaborative, and more efficient healthcare system!
COVID Vaccination Requirements
We remain committed to doing our part to ensure the health, safety, and well-being of our team members and our communities. As such, we require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment and we may require periodic testing for certain roles. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. Change Healthcare adheres to COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement
Change Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, or veteran status. To read more about employment discrimination protections under federal law, read EEO is the Law at https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/eeo-law-poster and the supplemental information at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com with "Applicant requesting reasonable accommodation" as the subject. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Click here https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf to view our pay transparency nondiscrimination policy.
California (US) Residents: By submitting an application to Change Healthcare for consideration of any employment opportunity, you acknowledge that you have read and understood Change Healthcare’s Privacy Notice to California Job Applicants Regarding the Collection of Personal Information.
Change Healthcare maintains a drug free workplace and conducts pre-employment drug-testing, where applicable, in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
Talent Acquisition Process
Once you apply for a job opening, the Sourcing Specialist or Talent Advisor will review your resume ensuring your background matches the minimum job requirements. Selected candidates will be invited for a phone screen.
Steps will vary by team, but typically include: Talent Advisor phone screen, hiring manager interview, and a combination of technical screens and panel interviews.
If you're selected, you can expect the Talent Advisor to reach out with specific offer details. During this stage you will be provided with an electronic offer letter and other new hire documents.
Once you've electronically signed your offer, our onboarding team will get you ready for Week 1 and set you up for success! Onboarding tasks may include a background check, drug screening, and other job specific requirements.
Join Our Talent Community
Receive job alerts and stay up to date with ways that Change Healthcare is transforming the healthcare industry, one innovation at a time.