Patient Services Representative 2
Job ID R30827
Location Queensbury, New York
Date posted 03/10/2023
Our Patient Service Representatives provide patients who call into our Contact Center with best in class service. Using your effective phone communication and interpersonal skills, you will positively impact the patient experience while also gathering and recording information in an accurate and efficient matter.
What makes a successful Patient Service Representative at Change Healthcare?
Check out some of the key competencies we are looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Good listener
- Computer savvy
There are numerous career paths and opportunities for growth at Change Healthcare. Below is an example of the trajectory you could have in your career as a Patient Service Representative.
Career Path Steps
- Step 1: Patient Service Representative
- Step 2: Senior Patient Service Representative
- Step 3: Team Lead Patient Service Representative
- Step 4: Operations Supervisor
Our Total Rewards
Our Total Rewards strategy consists of a portfolio of offerings: compensation, recognition, well-being and benefits, that are aligned with our talent management strategy, enabling us to attract, develop, engage, reward, and retain employees. Our engaged workforce enables a high performing culture.
Paid Time Off
Volunteer Days and
Patient Services Representative 2
Opportunities at Change Healthcare, part of the Optum family of businesses. We are transforming the health care system through innovative technology and analytics. Find opportunities to make a difference in a variety of career areas as we all play a role in accelerating health care transformation. Help us deliver cutting-edge solutions for patients, hospitals and insurance companies, resulting in healthier communities. Use your talents to improve the health outcomes of millions of people and discover the meaning behind: Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
Position must be full time onsite in Queensbury, NY office
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 2-3 years of additional schooling/related call center work experience; including 1 year of Insurance A/R Follow Up preferred
- Intermediate working knowledge of MS Excel, MS Word and MS Outlook
- Strong customer service experience
- Computer/data entry skills required
- System knowledge preferred
- Must be proficient with computers and attentive to detail
- Possess analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience working with various insurance policies and procedures related to claim adjudication and payment processe; preferred, but not required
- Can utilize resources to complete tasks and orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish goals(talk/type while on phone with patients)
- Ability to problem solve in a timely manner with efficient resolutions
- Represents the office/Organization in a positive manner; supports and encourages strong morale and spirit in his/her team
- Works well with others
- Must maintain patient/client confidentiality
- Employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and talk or hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ability to work in a high-volume call center environment
- Ability to multi-task and utilize multiple system components within a single call
- Strong ability to talk/type to minimize talk time
- Completes and processes necessary paperwork as assigned (i.e., Financial Assistance, PHI disclosures, etc.…)
- Works collaboratively with peers and senior management
- Works directly with Client to resolve escalated issues
- Collaborates with team leadership to identify and report patient call trends
- Immediately identifies and communicates escalated issues related to incoming volumes and makes adjustments to coverage accordingly
- Completes/Resolves CRMs and/or AIFs within expected time frames
Essential Functions: (continued)
- May participate in monthly QA discussions and training with staff
- May assists with on-the-floor questions during live calls with patients to team members
- May assist in completing required responses to client inquiries, call back volumes, messages within 1 business day and MyChart inquiries to be responded within 2 business days of receipt
Measurement of Success:
- Maintains quality scores of 96% or higher
- Maintains production scores of 85% or higher with expected goal of 100%
- Maintains utilization scores of 98% or higher
- Maintain phone stats not to exceed 45 second ASA and no more than a 5% abandon rate
- Maintain AUX time at or below 1.5 hours per day
- Does not exceed 1 business day to client emails/requests, call backs and/or patient messages
- Does not exceed 2 business days for MyChart responses
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements: Please see Job Posting Guidelines for more information.
• General office demands
• Flexible work environments
• Ready, Set, Grow Career Development Center & access to Change Healthcare University for continuous professional learning & development with more than 5,000 training assets
• Volunteer days, employee giving and matching gifts programs, community awards and dollars for doers, community partnerships
• Employee wellbeing programs and generous health plans
• Educational assistance programs
• US 401(k) or Group RRSP (Canada) savings plans with matching employer contributions
• Be sure to ask our Talent Advisors for more information on location specific benefits and paid time off policies
• Learn more at https://careers.changehealthcare.com
*Eligibility for some benefits may be limited or not available for part-time employees, be sure to speak with your Talent Advisor.
California / Colorado / New Jersey / New York / Rhode Island / Washington Residents Only:
The applicable base pay for your state is listed below. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, Change Healthcare offers benefits such as a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with Change Healthcare, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion:
•At Change Healthcare, we include all. We celebrate diversity and inclusivity, respect each other and value our unique experiences. By being our authentic selves, we bring different perspectives into our work and relationships.
•Business Resource Groups (BRGs) play a central role in advancing diversity and inclusion at Change Healthcare. They deepen our understanding of different cultures, people, and experiences, and help foster an inclusive workplace. Change offers eight (8) BRGs. Learn more at https://careers.changehealthcare.com/diversity
Feeling Inspired? Ready to #MakeAChange? Apply today!
COVID Vaccination Requirements
We remain committed to doing our part to ensure the health, safety and well-being of our team members and our communities. As such, some individuals may be required to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to or during employment. Certain roles may require COVID-19 vaccination and/or testing as a condition of employment. Change Healthcare adheres to COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement
Change Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, or veteran status. To read more about employment discrimination protections under federal law, read EEO is the Law at https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/eeo-law-poster and the supplemental information at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to
Click here https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf to view our pay transparency nondiscrimination policy.
California (US) Residents: By submitting an application to Change Healthcare for consideration of any employment opportunity, you acknowledge that you have read and understood Change Healthcare’s Privacy Notice to California Job Applicants Regarding the Collection of Personal Information.
Change Healthcare maintains a drug free workplace and conducts pre-employment drug-testing, where applicable, in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
Join Our Talent Community
Receive job alerts and stay up to date with ways that Change Healthcare is transforming the healthcare industry, one innovation at a time.