Patient Service Rep 1
Job ID R27687
Location Queensbury, New York
Date posted 06/09/2022
Our Patient Service Representatives provide patients who call into our Contact Center with best in class service. Using your effective phone communication and interpersonal skills, you will positively impact the patient experience while also gathering and recording information in an accurate and efficient matter.
What makes a successful Patient Service Representative at Change Healthcare?
Check out some of the key competencies we are looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Good listener
- Computer savvy
There are numerous career paths and opportunities for growth at Change Healthcare. Below is an example of the trajectory you could have in your career as a Patient Service Representative.
Career Path Steps
- Step 1: Patient Service Representative
- Step 2: Senior Patient Service Representative
- Step 3: Team Lead Patient Service Representative
- Step 4: Operations Supervisor
Our Total Rewards
Our Total Rewards strategy consists of a portfolio of offerings: compensation, recognition, well-being and benefits, that are aligned with our talent management strategy, enabling us to attract, develop, engage, reward, and retain employees. Our engaged workforce enables a high performing culture.
Paid Time Off
Volunteer Days and
Patient Service Rep 1
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 2-3 years of additional schooling/related work experience; including 1 year of A/R Follow Up preferred
- Beginner to Intermediate working knowledge of MS Excel, MS Word and MS Outlook
- Strong customer service experience
- Computer/data entry skills required
- System knowledge preferred
- Must be proficient with computers and attentive to detail
- Possess analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience working with various insurance policies and procedures related to claim adjudication and payment processe; preferred, but not required
- Can utilize resources to complete tasks and orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish goals(talk/type while on phone with patients)
- Ability to problem solve in a timely manner with efficient resolutions
- Represents the office/Organization in a positive manner; supports and encourages strong morale and spirit in his/her team
- Works well with others
- Must maintain patient/client confidentiality
- Employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and talk or hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ability to work in a high-volume call center environment
- Ability to multi-task and utilize multiple system components within a single call
- Strong ability to talk/type to minimize talk time
- Completes and processes necessary paperwork as assigned (i.e., Financial Assistance, PHI disclosures, etc.…)
- Works collaboratively with peers and senior management
- Completes/Resolves CRMs and/or AIFs within expected time frames
Measurements of Success:
- Maintains quality scores of 96% or higher
- Maintains production scores of 85% or higher with expected goal of 100%
- Maintains utilization scores of 98% or higher
- Maintain phone stats not to exceed 45 second ASA and no more than a 5% abandon rate
- Maintain AUX time at or below 1.5 hours per day
Join our team today where we are creating a better coordinated, increasingly collaborative, and more efficient healthcare system!
COVID Vaccination Requirements
We remain committed to doing our part to ensure the health, safety, and well-being of our team members and our communities. As such, we require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment and we may require periodic testing for certain roles. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. Change Healthcare adheres to COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement
Change Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, or veteran status. To read more about employment discrimination protections under federal law, read EEO is the Law at https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/eeo-law-poster and the supplemental information at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com with "Applicant requesting reasonable accommodation" as the subject. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Click here https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf to view our pay transparency nondiscrimination policy.
California (US) Residents: By submitting an application to Change Healthcare for consideration of any employment opportunity, you acknowledge that you have read and understood Change Healthcare’s Privacy Notice to California Job Applicants Regarding the Collection of Personal Information.
Change Healthcare maintains a drug free workplace and conducts pre-employment drug-testing, where applicable, in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
Join Our Talent Community
Receive job alerts and stay up to date with ways that Change Healthcare is transforming the healthcare industry, one innovation at a time.