Visit our career site, create a profile, and submit your application. Make sure to observe the job description and see how your background can align to the requirements of the role.
Accounts Receivable Specialist 1
Job ID R27298
Location Queensbury, New York
Date posted 06/01/2022
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 2-3 years of additional schooling/related work experience; including 1 year of A/R Follow Up preferred
- Beginner to Intermediate working knowledge of MS Excel, MS Word and MS Outlook
- Strong customer service experience
- Computer/data entry skills required
- System knowledge preferred
- Must be proficient with computers and attentive to detail
- Possess analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Represents the office/Organization in a positive manner; supports and encourages strong morale and spirit in his/her team.
- Works well with others
- Must maintain patient/client confidentiality
- Employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and talk or hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Research and re-bill unpaid claims
- Research and resolve accounts appearing on Follow-up Reports.
-Make appropriate decisions and calls to carriers to maximize reimbursement on accounts to be worked.
- Correct all errors on electronic error reports using all available information.
- Meet current production, utilization and quality standards.
- Assists in identifying current and/or potential billing issues specific to outstanding receivable
- May participate in trainings/meetings with Payers, internal departments, offshore partners, Client contact(s) and TES Management, etc. to address trends in denials or unprocessed claims
- Presenting data to appropriate parties and partnering to develop resolutions
- Participates in daily production assignments that will continue to develop understanding and knowledge of processing guidelines and expectations of respective client(s) payer mix
- Ability to take patient phone calls and assist Customer Service when business needs arise
- Assist in other duties as assigned
Join our team today where we are creating a better coordinated, increasingly collaborative, and more efficient healthcare system!
COVID Vaccination Requirements
We remain committed to doing our part to ensure the health, safety, and well-being of our team members and our communities. As such, we require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment and we may require periodic testing for certain roles. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. Change Healthcare adheres to COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement
Change Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, or veteran status. To read more about employment discrimination protections under federal law, read EEO is the Law at https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/eeo-law-poster and the supplemental information at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Applicant requesting reasonable accommodation" as the subject. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Click here https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf to view our pay transparency nondiscrimination policy.
California (US) Residents: By submitting an application to Change Healthcare for consideration of any employment opportunity, you acknowledge that you have read and understood Change Healthcare’s Privacy Notice to California Job Applicants Regarding the Collection of Personal Information.
Change Healthcare maintains a drug free workplace and conducts pre-employment drug-testing, where applicable, in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
Talent Acquisition Process
Once you apply for a job opening, the Sourcing Specialist or Talent Advisor will review your resume ensuring your background matches the minimum job requirements. Selected candidates will be invited for a phone screen.
Steps will vary by team, but typically include: Talent Advisor phone screen, hiring manager interview, and a combination of technical screens and panel interviews.
If you're selected, you can expect the Talent Advisor to reach out with specific offer details. During this stage you will be provided with an electronic offer letter and other new hire documents.
Once you've electronically signed your offer, our onboarding team will get you ready for Week 1 and set you up for success! Onboarding tasks may include a background check, drug screening, and other job specific requirements.
Join Our Talent Community
Receive job alerts and stay up to date with ways that Change Healthcare is transforming the healthcare industry, one innovation at a time.