Executive Director, Patient Access Operations Call Centers
Port Saint Lucie, Florida - Additional locations
Transforming the future of healthcare isn’t something we take lightly. It takes teams of the best and the brightest, working together to make an impact.
As one of the largest healthcare technology companies in the U.S., we are a catalyst to accelerate the journey toward improved lives and healthier communities.
Here at Change Healthcare, we’re using our influence to drive positive changes across the industry, and we want motivated and passionate people like you to help us continue to bring new and innovative ideas to life.
If you’re ready to embrace your passion and do what you love with a company that’s committed to supporting your future, then you belong at Change Healthcare.
Pursue purpose. Champion innovation. Earn trust. Be agile. Include all.
Empower Your Future. Make a Difference.
Executive Director, Patient Access Operations Call Center
Overview of Position
The position of Executive Director of Patient Access Operations has recently become available within Technology Enabled Services located in the Port St. Lucie, FL office or the Pawtucket, Rhode Island office. This position will be responsible for managing the strategic direction, growth and stability of the Patient Access Operations Call Centers across multiple offices. This position will initially oversee a staff of 50+ which will quickly grow to 300+ in both domestic and off-shore employees with significant growth expectations over the forthcoming years.
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
- Manages the various financial components of the business unit: prepares revenue and expense forecasts; provides input into the budgeting process; addresses variances & updates forecasts throughout the fiscal year; manages ongoing P&L and expenses; plans for appropriate staffing and capacity management; familiar with and uses all financial tools available
- Develop a competent management team and business strategy to position the service line for significant growth across multiple offices
- Responsible for strategic facilities management as it relates to expansion and/or consolidation, information systems, and communication systems and other technology needs
- Support sales and business growth planning and execution strategies, including but not limited to prospect presentations and prospecting pipeline support
- Support efforts in determining additional go to market requirements for new or expansion service lines within Patient Access (i.e. Nurse Triage, Financial Clearance, etc.)
- Lead the operational team in strategies associated with attaining ongoing client metric, production, financial and other office/corporate goals through the effective management of resources
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- 10+ years of healthcare revenue cycle experience and customer service/call center experience along with demonstrated leadership experience managing a minimum of 150+ call center representatives
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Healthcare Administration or 10+ years of equivalent experience required. MBA preferred
- Experience with patient information/claims system processes, as well as fundamental call center knowledge, including the tools used to support
- The successful candidate must have a strong operational understanding of healthcare revenue cycle with a particular focus on front end operations and call center/customer service knowledge with proven verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to demonstrate superior organizational, management, leadership and problem-solving skills
- Proven successful experience leading, coaching, and mentoring management is required
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- At least 5+ years of experience with front end operations in ambulatory and/or acute setting is preferred
- Ideal experience will include a blend of strategic and operational experience with strong customer side exposure specifically in the Revenue Cycle Outsourcing industry
- Knowledge of large Hospital Information Systems such as Paragon and Epic is preferred
- Understanding of Front End, Mid-Cycle and Patient Financial Services knowledge in Hospital/Health System and/or large ambulatory setting is preferred
How much should I expect to travel?
Post COVID, this position will require up to 10% overnight travel. Employees in roles that require travel will need to be able to qualify for a company credit card or be able to use their own personal credit card for travel expenses and submit for reimbursement.
Join our team today where we are creating a better coordinated, increasingly collaborative, and more efficient healthcare system!
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement
Change Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, or veteran status. To read more about employment discrimination protections under federal law, read EEO is the Law at https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/eeo-law-poster and the supplemental information at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com with "Applicant requesting reasonable accommodation" as the subject. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Click here https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf to view our pay transparency nondiscrimination policy.
Change Healthcare maintains a drug free workplace and conducts pre-employment drug-testing, where applicable, in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
Talent Acquisition Process
Visit our career site, create a profile, and submit your application. Make sure to observe the job description and see how your background can align to the requirements of the role.
Once you apply for a job opening, the Sourcing Specialist or Talent Adviser will review your resume ensuring your background matches the minimum job requirements. Selected candidates will be invited for a phone screen.
Steps will vary by team, but typically include: Talent Advisor phone screen, hiring manager interview, and a combination of technical screens and panel interviews.
If you're selected, you can expect the Talent Advisor to reach out with specific offer details. During this stage you will be provided with an electronic offer letter and other new hire documents.
Once you've received your offer letter, our onboarding team will get you ready for Week 1 and set you up for success! Onboarding tasks may include a background check, drug screening, and other job specific requirements.
Once you've electronically signed your offer, our onboarding team will get you ready for Week 1 and set you up for success! Onboarding tasks may include a background check, drug screening, and other job specific requirements.
Don't see the role you're looking for or not ready to apply yet?
Sign-up to get the latest opportunities at Change Healthcare.