Visit our career site, create a profile, and submit your application. Make sure to observe the job description and see how your background can align to the requirements of the role.
Project Manager / Engagement Manager
Job ID R30328
Date posted 11/03/2022
Change Healthcare is a leading healthcare technology company with a mission to inspire a better healthcare system. We deliver innovative solutions to patients, hospitals, and insurance companies to improve clinical decision making, simplify financial processes, and enable better patient experiences to improve lives and support healthier communities.
TPG Capital recently completed the purchase of Change Healthcare’s Clinical Claims Management (CCM) business, which includes the ClaimsXten®, ClaimsXten® Select, ClaimCheck, Secondary Editing, and Episode Manager solutions. The transaction establishes the CCM business as an independent company, with an interim name of ClaimsXten Portfolio. ClaimsXten Portfolio has a long history as a trusted partner and market leader in primary claim editing, delivering value through savings, operational efficiencies, and long-standing partner relationships.
TPG Capital is a leading private equity platform of alternative asset management firm TPG and an active, experienced healthcare and software investor. TPG has a long history of partnering with companies, including the ClaimsXten Portfolio Business–a trusted partner and market leader in primary claim editing, delivering value through savings, operational efficiencies, and long-standing partner relationships. ClaimsXten’s primary solutions are ClaimsXten®, ClaimsXten® Select, ClaimCheck, Secondary Editing, and Episode Manager.
The Engagement Manager functions with project management expertise to lead and manage large to small customer implementations, upgrades, and post Go Live production support of the Claim Performance products designed for the Healthcare Payor industry. This role is responsible for the effective leadership, coordination, management, and accountability to deliver successful project outcomes and high customer satisfaction in post Go Live use and maintenance of the products; Particularly in line with the product objective to meet the customers’ ongoing savings goals/targets. Furthermore, this role actively manages issues and risks to a satisfactory end. And is to create timely escalation awareness for senior management insight and review, as he/she manages any risks and escalations thru to conclusion/outcome. Primary goal for this role is to ensure high customer satisfaction as a result of the activities he/she executes and as executed by the Service Delivery Team(s) led.
The Engagement Manager reports to a Service Director. The Engagement Manager leads the assigned Service Delivery Team(s) and works closely with supporting departments as needed to implement projects, upgrades, and post Go Live production support. Such teams/departments include the Account Management Team, Sales & Contracting, Product Management, Clinical Content, Value Team, Solution Design, Development, Operations, IT, Analytics, Training and Methodology departments to create and execute on the customers’ roadmap (i.e., planning and managing the effective coordination, configuration, implementation, deployment and use of the products to meet customer satisfaction).
- Lead the implementation and support of multiple, large, complex projects, and any small to medium projects, by working with a diverse, virtual, cross-functional team.
- Be the client facing representative for the Change Healthcare Claims Xten Service Delivery Team.
- Work closely with Account Management to manage the client, to define the client roadmap on an ongoing basis, and to strategize continued optimization of the customer’s use of the solution to drive their savings goals/targets.
- Lead the Service Delivery Team to execute on the client roadmap.
- Coordinate and maintain interdepartmental relationships/dependencies associated with any implementation projects, upgrades, and post Go Live production needs.
Manage the progress of the projects ensuring an on schedule, on budget delivery.
Effectively manage change. Creating and managing forecasts within +/-5% for all projects and production support utilization (i.e., to anticipate, plan, and monitor each of the resources included in each forecast to meet the planned/estimated hours).
This further entails monitoring and managing yourself and the Claims Solution Consultants (CSCs) utilization to above 80% billable utilization week over week.
Work with functional managers for the Quality Analysts and Business Analysts as assigned to the Service Delivery Team to ensure the same.
Cultivate a strong team environment for the Service Delivery Team to thrive in servicing customers to high level of satisfaction, and as an integral part of the overall delivery system made up of internal supporting groups/departments. (i.e., ensure strong communication in managing expectations and strategizing with all levels, effectively working conflicts to mitigation/resolution, and to create and sustain strong working relationships with team members and stakeholders at all levels).
Minimum Job Qualifications:
- 5 + years experience in IT Project Management
- 4+ years in Software Implementation Project Management including conflict resolution, resource allocation and resource prioritization
- 3+ years of Healthcare experience, preferably in a payor environment (may overlap with above) with familiarity of claims processing and claims payment operations
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple concurrent implementation projects with significant visibility to the client executive teams
- Ability to manage large, complex implementation projects through cross-functional teams working within a SDLC framework and a deployment environment
- Ability to deliver the project within budget and with high quality
- Working knowledge of the components of the software release process, including issues of development, documentation, packaging and quality assurance
- Strong foundation in Project Management principles, processes and methodology
- Ability to apply standard Project Management Principles and methodology to the Implementation Projects
- Ability to identify and fix process gaps
- Ability to manage Project Scope effectively
- Ability to utilize Project Management tools (MS Project) to create, track and maintain project plans throughout the duration of the project
- Ability to set and manage proper expectations with all stakeholders
- Ability to perform Risk and Issue management with internal and external stakeholders
- Must be able to lead a Project team
- Must be a team player
- Must have strong and effective communication and presentation skills for external client facing as well as internal communications
- Proficient in MS Office Tools: MS Project, MS Visio, MS Power Point, MS Word, and MS Excel
- PMP certification preferred
Travel : 10%
• 4-year degree in Business Administration, Health Informatics, Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience.
New York and New Jersey Residents Only: The salary range for New York City, NY and Westchester County, NY is $114,080 - $238,080.The salary range for Ithaca, NY is $99,200– $198,400.The salary range for Jersey City, NJ is $119,040 – $238,080.Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, Change Healthcare offers benefits such as a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with Change Healthcare, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Colorado Residents Only:The base pay range for Colorado residents is $94,240.00 - $208,320.00 plus any relevant incentive pay programs that may be aligned to the role. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your base pay, Change Healthcare offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental and vision plans; wellness program; health savings account; flexible spending accounts; 401(k) retirement plan; life insurance; short-term and long-term disability insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; tuition reimbursement; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion:
•At Change Healthcare, we include all. We celebrate diversity and inclusivity, respect each other and value our unique experiences. By being our authentic selves, we bring different perspectives into our work and relationships.
•Business Resource Groups (BRGs) play a central role in advancing diversity and inclusion at Change Healthcare. They deepen our understanding of different cultures, people, and experiences, and help foster an inclusive workplace. Change offers eight (8) BRGs. Learn more at https://careers.changehealthcare.com/diversity
Feeling Inspired? Ready to #MakeAChange? Apply today!
COVID Vaccination Requirements
We remain committed to doing our part to ensure the health, safety and well-being of our team members and our communities. As such, some individuals may be required to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to or during employment. Certain roles may require COVID-19 vaccination and/or testing as a condition of employment. Change Healthcare adheres to COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement
Change Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, or veteran status. To read more about employment discrimination protections under federal law, read EEO is the Law at https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/eeo-law-poster and the supplemental information at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com with "Applicant requesting reasonable accommodation" as the subject. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Click here https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf to view our pay transparency nondiscrimination policy.
California (US) Residents: By submitting an application to Change Healthcare for consideration of any employment opportunity, you acknowledge that you have read and understood Change Healthcare’s Privacy Notice to California Job Applicants Regarding the Collection of Personal Information.
Change Healthcare maintains a drug free workplace and conducts pre-employment drug-testing, where applicable, in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
Talent Acquisition Process
Once you apply for a job opening, the Sourcing Specialist or Talent Advisor will review your resume ensuring your background matches the minimum job requirements. Selected candidates will be invited for a phone screen.
Steps will vary by team, but typically include: Talent Advisor phone screen, hiring manager interview, and a combination of technical screens and panel interviews.
If you're selected, you can expect the Talent Advisor to reach out with specific offer details. During this stage you will be provided with an electronic offer letter and other new hire documents.
Once you've electronically signed your offer, our onboarding team will get you ready for Week 1 and set you up for success! Onboarding tasks may include a background check, drug screening, and other job specific requirements.
Join Our Talent Community
Receive job alerts and stay up to date with ways that Change Healthcare is transforming the healthcare industry, one innovation at a time.