Lead Integration Engineer
Change Healthcare occupies a uniquely interconnected position at the center of healthcare. We believe it is our responsibility to test, adopt, and refine new technologies to help create a more efficient healthcare system. As healthcare technology leaders, we are passionate about building enterprise-class solutions using the latest cloud technologies and current development best practices. We have a bias for action with a broad mandate to innovate and provide world class healthcare solutions.
- Level: Experienced
- Travel: Local
What makes a successful Software Engineer at Change Healthcare?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
- Quick learner
“I love working at Change Healthcare! I get to work with incredibly intelligent people who always share their knowledge and help me improve my skills, I work with cutting edge cloud technology, and I get the satisfaction of knowing that the work I am doing is directly helping to improve the US healthcare system. Change Healthcare is a fantastic company that encourages personal growth and has provided plenty of opportunities to advance my career.” Derek Kruger
“When I think about working at Change Healthcare, I think about some of the most fruitful experiences of my career. At every turn, the company has encouraged and pursued innovation all while bolstering up and supporting me as an individual contributor. There a ton of hurdles in the healthcare industry and I have full confidence that Change Healthcare will be one of those companies who can solve them. I am glad to be a part of this journey.” Jacob Smith
Cloud Software Engineer
“I savor every day working at Change Healthcare. With a strong cloud-first mantra and push for true DevOps from senior leadership, the work and processes are under constant pressure to improve. Not only do I work with many dedicated, interesting, and smart people, I know my work helps improve healthcare and medical processes for the entire country.” Leeland Artra
“I am very thankful for the growth and development opportunities given to me every day at Change Healthcare. Knowing that the meaningful work I am a part of changes lives encourages me daily. The culture to develop and nurture excellence continues to inspire me to become a better engineer and professional.” Rachael Babcock
Cloud Software Engineer
“What I love most about my job is that I have the opportunity to work on a variety of technical problems that push me to improve my technical and problem solving skills. Being part of the data engineering team, I always have freedom to work on cutting edge technologies alongside a motivated team.” Sandeep Datla
Software Engineer IV
There are numerous career paths and opportunities for growth at Change Healthcare. Below is an example of the trajectory you could have in your careers as a Software Engineer.
Our Total Rewards
Our Total Rewards strategy consists of a portfolio of offerings: compensation, recognition, well-being and benefits, that are aligned with our talent management strategy, enabling us to attract, develop, engage, reward, and retain employees. Our engaged workforce enables a high performing culture.
Paying for Performance
Rewards and Recognition
Paid Time Off
Volunteer Days and
Pensacola, Florida - Additional locations
Transforming the future of healthcare isn’t something we take lightly. It takes teams of the best and the brightest, working together to make an impact.
As one of the largest healthcare technology companies in the U.S., we are a catalyst to accelerate the journey toward improved lives and healthier communities.
Here at Change Healthcare, we’re using our influence to drive positive changes across the industry, and we want motivated and passionate people like you to help us continue to bring new and innovative ideas to life.
If you’re ready to embrace your passion and do what you love with a company that’s committed to supporting your future, then you belong at Change Healthcare.
Pursue purpose. Champion innovation. Earn trust. Be agile. Include all.
Empower Your Future. Make a Difference.
Title: Lead Integration Engineer
Overview of Position
Change Healthcare is seeking an Lead Integration Engineer to work either at our Pensacola Florida office or remotely anywhere throughout the US. The position involves leading a team focused on development activities related to integrating healthcare systems. Designs, builds and maintains interfaces between different messaging structures and related healthcare applications.
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
- Leading and overseeing project related software integrations
- Establishing team goals and priorities to effectively deliver on expectations.
- Be involved with hands-on development of proof-of-concepts and prototypes during the design phase and actual development of the product during the construction phase.
- Participate in the full software development life cycle from requirements analysis through test, release and maintenance.
- Interface with Quality Assurance to ensure accurate delivery of project requirements and compliance with standards, code quality and accepted conventions.
- Promotes and uses version control system to ensure a reliable code base
- Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- A minimum of 10 years of software development experience, including experience as a hands-on software developer building object-oriented solutions working in Java and a .Net environments.
- 4+ years of project or team lead experience.
- Master's / Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent. Experience in healthcare and software development may substitute for required education.
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- Familiar with TIBCO (BW, BE, HAWK, EMS, Foresight)
- Familiar with dynamic programming languages like Python, Groovy or Ruby
- Familiar with HealthCare Transaction processing, Clearinghouse Operations, X12 EDI
- Experience working claims adjudication platforms (Cognizant Facets, HealthEdge HealthRules Payor)
- Must be self motivated, analytical and creative problem solver and have the ability to work independently with minimal supervision and communicate in an effective manner
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with sensitive customer and internal information
- Strong technical aptitude and ability to research & solve complex issues independently
What are the working conditions and physical requirements of this job?
General office demands.
How much should I expect to travel? Less than 10%
Employees in roles that require travel will need to be able to qualify for a company credit card or be able to use their own personal credit card for travel expenses and submit for reimbursement.
Join our team today where we are creating a better coordinated, increasingly collaborative, and more efficient healthcare system!
Don't see the role you're looking for or not ready to apply yet?
Sign-up to get the latest opportunities at Change Healthcare.