Visit our career site, create a profile, and submit your application. Make sure to observe the job description and see how your background can align to the requirements of the role.
Account Receivable Specialist Team Lead
Job ID R27080
Location North Charleston, South Carolina
Date posted 05/09/2022
Overview of Position
- Follow up of outstanding A/R all payers and/or including self pay and/or including resolution of denials.
- This position is responsible for handling all correspondence related to an insurance or patient account, contacting insurance carriers, patients and other facilities as needed to get maximum payment on accounts and identify issues or changes to achieve client profitability.
- Responsible for working EDI transactions and ERA files, including reconciling carrier submissions, edits and rejection reports.
- Ability to research and resolve accounts appearing on Delinquent Insurance Report, Collection Ledger and Government Payor report as directed by management making appropriate decisions on accounts to be worked to maximize reimbursement.
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
- Oversee workflow of the team to ensure productivity measures are met
- Meet productivity standards as outlined in client metrics
- Identify any issues or trends and bring them to the attention of management team
- Work on special projects as assigned
- Train other team members
- Other duties as assigned
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- Thorough knowledge of the A/R Process
- Ability to meet position metrics goals (KPI’s)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- Required: High school diploma or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years’ work experience and leadership skills.
- Healthcare and / or insurance billing, processing or customer service preferred
- Comprehensive knowledge of the A/R process
- Detail Oriented
- Ability to multi-task
- Work well with others
- Ability to fill in for Supervisor in their absence
What are the working conditions and physical requirements of this job?
- Office Environment
- Physical requirements include general office demand
How much should I expect to travel?
Join our team today where we are creating a better coordinated, increasingly collaborative, and more efficient healthcare system!
COVID Vaccination Requirements
We remain committed to doing our part to ensure the health, safety, and well-being of our team members and our communities. As such, we require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment and we may require periodic testing for certain roles. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. Change Healthcare adheres to COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement
Change Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, or veteran status. To read more about employment discrimination protections under federal law, read EEO is the Law at https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/eeo-law-poster and the supplemental information at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com with "Applicant requesting reasonable accommodation" as the subject. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Click here https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf to view our pay transparency nondiscrimination policy.
California (US) Residents: By submitting an application to Change Healthcare for consideration of any employment opportunity, you acknowledge that you have read and understood Change Healthcare’s Privacy Notice to California Job Applicants Regarding the Collection of Personal Information.
Change Healthcare maintains a drug free workplace and conducts pre-employment drug-testing, where applicable, in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
Talent Acquisition Process
Once you apply for a job opening, the Sourcing Specialist or Talent Advisor will review your resume ensuring your background matches the minimum job requirements. Selected candidates will be invited for a phone screen.
Steps will vary by team, but typically include: Talent Advisor phone screen, hiring manager interview, and a combination of technical screens and panel interviews.
If you're selected, you can expect the Talent Advisor to reach out with specific offer details. During this stage you will be provided with an electronic offer letter and other new hire documents.
Once you've electronically signed your offer, our onboarding team will get you ready for Week 1 and set you up for success! Onboarding tasks may include a background check, drug screening, and other job specific requirements.
Join Our Talent Community
Receive job alerts and stay up to date with ways that Change Healthcare is transforming the healthcare industry, one innovation at a time.