Visit our career site, create a profile, and submit your application. Make sure to observe the job description and see how your background can align to the requirements of the role.
Senior Accounts Receivable Specialist
Job ID R30614
Location New York, New York
Date posted 11/28/2022
Change Healthcare is a leading healthcare technology company with a mission to inspire a better healthcare system. We deliver innovative solutions to patients, hospitals, and insurance companies to improve clinical decision making, simplify financial processes, and enable better patient experiences to improve lives and support healthier communities.
Work Location:Must be onsite full time at client's location in NY, NY.
This is a 100% onsite position.
Responsible for front line relationship management and acts as client liaison during delivery of a professional services engagement or an outsourced solution. Strategically focused and responsible for client satisfaction, maintaining client communication, and the overall management of the client relationship. Works to grow the client relationship by identifying new business opportunities. Works with delivery team to execute on contract terms and conditions and to ensure on-time delivery of projects that support the client’s business.
Effectively work with relevant hospital departments to improve practice billing operations
- Identify any problems/trends and communicate them to management for resolution
- Obtain procedure pre-certifications and authorizations
- Collect patient time of service payments, co-insurance and deductibles
- Prepare deposit and deliver to client cashier’s office
- Research and re-bill unpaid claims
- Research and resolve accounts appearing on Follow-up Reports. Make appropriate decisions and calls to carriers to maximize reimbursement on accounts to be worked.
- Correct all errors on electronic error reports using all available information.
- Meet current production, utilization and quality standards.
- Participates in trainings/meetings with Payers, internal departments, offshore partners, Client contact(s) and TES Management, etc. to address trends in denials or unprocessed claims
- Assists in identifying current and/or potential billing issues specific to outstanding receivable
- Presenting data to appropriate parties and partnering to develop resolution
- Participates in daily production assignments that will continue to develop understanding and knowledge of processing guidelines and expectations of respective client(s) payer mix
- Ability to take patient phone calls and assist Customer Service when business needs arise
- Assist in other duties as assigned
- Associate Degree in Business, Healthcare Administration or related field; or equivalent
- 3+ years of related work experience; including a minimum of 2 year revenue cycle experience required
- Intermediate to Advanced working knowledge of MS Excel, MS Word and MS Outlook
- Strong customer service experience
- Knowledge of enterprise billing system
- In depth knowledge of various insurance policies and procedures related to procedure pre-certifications and authorizations, claim adjudication and payment processes.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Represents the office/Organization in a positive manner; supports and encourages strong morale and spirit in his/her team.
- Can marshal resources to complete tasks and orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish goals and meet specific deadlines.
- Ability to solve difficult problems in a timely manner with efficient resolutions
- Works well with others; ability to work with and communicate with individuals of varying disciplines.
- Employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and talk or hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
• Flexible work environments
• Ready, Set, Grow Career Development Center & access to Change Healthcare University for continuous professional learning & development with more than 5,000 training assets
• Volunteer days, employee giving and matching gifts programs, community awards and dollars for doers, community partnerships
• Employee wellbeing programs and generous health plans
• Educational assistance programs
• US 401(k) or Group RRSP (Canada) savings plans with matching employer contributions
• Be sure to ask our Talent Advisors for more information on location specific benefits and paid time off policies
• Learn more at https://careers.changehealthcare.com
*Eligibility for some benefits may be limited or not available for part-time employees, be sure to speak with your Talent Advisor.
Feeling Inspired? Ready to #MakeAChange? Apply today!
California / Colorado / New Jersey / New York / Rhode Island / Washington Residents Only:
The applicable base pay for your state is listed below. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, Change Healthcare offers benefits such as a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with Change Healthcare, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion:
•At Change Healthcare, we include all. We celebrate diversity and inclusivity, respect each other and value our unique experiences. By being our authentic selves, we bring different perspectives into our work and relationships.
•Business Resource Groups (BRGs) play a central role in advancing diversity and inclusion at Change Healthcare. They deepen our understanding of different cultures, people, and experiences, and help foster an inclusive workplace. Change offers eight (8) BRGs. Learn more at https://careers.changehealthcare.com/diversity
Feeling Inspired? Ready to #MakeAChange? Apply today!
COVID Vaccination Requirements
We remain committed to doing our part to ensure the health, safety and well-being of our team members and our communities. As such, some individuals may be required to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to or during employment. Certain roles may require COVID-19 vaccination and/or testing as a condition of employment. Change Healthcare adheres to COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement
Change Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, or veteran status. To read more about employment discrimination protections under federal law, read EEO is the Law at https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/eeo-law-poster and the supplemental information at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to
Click here https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf to view our pay transparency nondiscrimination policy.
California (US) Residents: By submitting an application to Change Healthcare for consideration of any employment opportunity, you acknowledge that you have read and understood Change Healthcare’s Privacy Notice to California Job Applicants Regarding the Collection of Personal Information.
Change Healthcare maintains a drug free workplace and conducts pre-employment drug-testing, where applicable, in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
Talent Acquisition Process
Once you apply for a job opening, the Sourcing Specialist or Talent Advisor will review your resume ensuring your background matches the minimum job requirements. Selected candidates will be invited for a phone screen.
Steps will vary by team, but typically include: Talent Advisor phone screen, hiring manager interview, and a combination of technical screens and panel interviews.
If you're selected, you can expect the Talent Advisor to reach out with specific offer details. During this stage you will be provided with an electronic offer letter and other new hire documents.
Once you've electronically signed your offer, our onboarding team will get you ready for Week 1 and set you up for success! Onboarding tasks may include a background check, drug screening, and other job specific requirements.
Join Our Talent Community
Receive job alerts and stay up to date with ways that Change Healthcare is transforming the healthcare industry, one innovation at a time.