Sr. Manager, Software Engineering
Job ID R28790
Date posted 08/05/2022
Change Healthcare occupies a uniquely interconnected position at the center of healthcare. We believe it is our responsibility to test, adopt, and refine new technologies to help create a more efficient healthcare system. As healthcare technology leaders, we are passionate about building enterprise-class solutions using the latest cloud technologies and current development best practices. We have a bias for action with a broad mandate to innovate and provide world class healthcare solutions.
- Level: Experienced
- Travel: Local
What makes a successful Software Engineer at Change Healthcare?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
- Quick learner
There are numerous career paths and opportunities for growth at Change Healthcare. Below is an example of the trajectory you could have in your careers as a Software Engineer.
Career Path Steps
- Step 1: Engineer 1
- Step 2: Engineer 2
- Step 3: Senior Engineer
- Step 4: Staff Engineer
- Step 5: Principal Engineer
Our Total Rewards
Our Total Rewards strategy consists of a portfolio of offerings: compensation, recognition, well-being and benefits, that are aligned with our talent management strategy, enabling us to attract, develop, engage, reward, and retain employees. Our engaged workforce enables a high performing culture.
Paid Time Off
Volunteer Days and
Sr. Manager, Software Engineering
Change Healthcare is a leading healthcare technology company with a mission to inspire a better healthcare system. We deliver innovative solutions to patients, hospitals, and insurance companies to improve clinical decision making, simplify financial processes, and enable better patient experiences to improve lives and support healthier communities.
Sr Manager, Engineering (Enterprise Platform Engineering, EDTS)
Are you passionate about healthcare and solving complex problems with secure data transfer solutions? Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to build a cloud-based enterprise platform aimed to democratize access to healthcare data?
The Platform Engineering team at Change Healthcare is looking for a Sr. Manager of Engineering to lead development of our strategic enterprise-wide data transfer solution platform. This cross-functional role will closely align and work in partnership with Business, Product, Operations, Enterprise architecture and Engineering teams for the holistic success of platform engineering solutions. The ideal candidate will have proven experience in managing large engineering teams, creating and executing engineering and product roadmap strategy, program objectives, processes, and production support. This position will play a critical role in delivering enterprise cloud-scale applications, planning, coordination, and execution of technical and business roadmaps with detailed attention to program budget, critical dependencies, execution challenges and success factors.
The Enterprise Data Transport Services Platform is a shared, hybrid cloud, enterprise platform solution that offers a suite of modern, standardized, reusable components, technologies and capabilities, with the goal of promoting innovation, best practices, and consistency across the Change Healthcare portfolio. By connecting, migrating and leveraging enterprise-grade networks, data platforms, security, user experiences, and APIs, CHC products remain focused on customers and delivering a better experience, higher quality and greater value.
- Provide leadership, direction, and strategy for a growing team
- Own and lead platform modernization efforts
- Own all aspects of the execution and delivery of Platform Product objectives
- Implement reliable and scalable automation solutions using out of box thinking, delivering high quality user experiences
- Set the standard for product quality and customer experience
- Provide engineering support and enhance the production support capabilities through data driven automation
- Coach, train, mentor, and develop team resources with a willingness and ability to dive into the code as needed
- Establish and develop the organizational capacity needed to execute on strategy.
- Maintain visibility, communicate and educate on key program components
- Execute multiple methodologies: Agile/Program Increment, Kan Ban, and Waterfall
- Engage in PI Planning/Demo, program retrospectives and other program discussions
- Measure, monitor, and ensure the health of the production systems
- Actively seek out and problem solve for barriers / challenges / opportunities
- Maintain healthy collaboration between all disciplines including Business, Product Management, Enterprise Architecture, Software Engineering/ R&D, Technical Operations, Client Onboarding, Client Services, Sales, and Marketing.
Critical Skills Needed:
- Experience in the development of large-scale enterprise platforms and products from conception to delivery
- Knowledge of and experience in creating highly available, highly secure systems that can scale to accommodate thousands of transactions per second
- Knowledge of and experience with public cloud technologies and deployments
- Demonstrated knowledge depth in technologies and practices to protect users, systems, and data.
- Demonstrated understanding of system development life cycle, dynamics of software development programs, practices, and methods.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with people from diverse cultural environments, professional experience, and expertise
- Ability to estimate resourcing and costs, supporting business cases, and high-level program plans
- Experience with process improvements and change management
- Effective verbal/written communication, strong listening, negotiation and presentation skills
Additional knowledge and Skills
- Self-motivated, able to work remotely, innovative and a detailed oriented professional with project management experience
- Successful track record in collaborating across multiple organizational functions and driving cross-functional initiatives
- Experience in managing Healthcare IT Software Initiatives preferred
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Experience with software development tools and product roadmap software preferred
Education and Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, computer science, engineering, health informatics, healthcare or marketing or related field required or equivalent experience
- Previous experience as Sr. Engineering Manager or previous people leader.
Diversity and Inclusion:
•At Change Healthcare, we include all. We celebrate diversity and inclusivity, respect each other and value our unique experiences. By being our authentic selves, we bring different perspectives into our work and relationships.
•Business Resource Groups (BRGs) play a central role in advancing diversity and inclusion at Change Healthcare. They deepen our understanding of different cultures, people, and experiences, and help foster an inclusive workplace. Change offers eight (8) BRGs. Learn more at https://careers.changehealthcare.com/diversity
Feeling Inspired? Ready to #MakeAChange? Apply today!
COVID Vaccination Requirements
We remain committed to doing our part to ensure the health, safety, and well-being of our team members and our communities. As such, we require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment and, when job-related and consistent with business necessity, we may require periodic testing for certain roles. Some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. Change Healthcare adheres to COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement
Change Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, or veteran status. To read more about employment discrimination protections under federal law, read EEO is the Law at https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/eeo-law-poster and the supplemental information at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com with "Applicant requesting reasonable accommodation" as the subject. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Click here https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf to view our pay transparency nondiscrimination policy.
California (US) Residents: By submitting an application to Change Healthcare for consideration of any employment opportunity, you acknowledge that you have read and understood Change Healthcare’s Privacy Notice to California Job Applicants Regarding the Collection of Personal Information.
Change Healthcare maintains a drug free workplace and conducts pre-employment drug-testing, where applicable, in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
Join Our Talent Community
Receive job alerts and stay up to date with ways that Change Healthcare is transforming the healthcare industry, one innovation at a time.