Senior Software Engineer - Front End React JS
Job ID R23639
Date posted 03/02/2022
Change Healthcare occupies a uniquely interconnected position at the center of healthcare. We believe it is our responsibility to test, adopt, and refine new technologies to help create a more efficient healthcare system. As healthcare technology leaders, we are passionate about building enterprise-class solutions using the latest cloud technologies and current development best practices. We have a bias for action with a broad mandate to innovate and provide world class healthcare solutions.
- Level: Experienced
- Travel: Local
What makes a successful Software Engineer at Change Healthcare?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
- Quick learner
There are numerous career paths and opportunities for growth at Change Healthcare. Below is an example of the trajectory you could have in your careers as a Software Engineer.
Career Path Steps
- Step 1: Engineer 1
- Step 2: Engineer 2
- Step 3: Senior Engineer
- Step 4: Staff Engineer
- Step 5: Principal Engineer
Our Total Rewards
Our Total Rewards strategy consists of a portfolio of offerings: compensation, recognition, well-being and benefits, that are aligned with our talent management strategy, enabling us to attract, develop, engage, reward, and retain employees. Our engaged workforce enables a high performing culture.
Paid Time Off
Volunteer Days and
Senior Software Engineer - Front End React JS
Senior Software Engineer - Frontend React JS
Overview of Position
We are looking for a senior front-end engineer and an expert in React JS to work on exciting projects new to Change Healthcare.
An opportunity exists for a motivated front-end developer looking for a chance to make an impact in the next generation of healthcare applications that provide benefits to patients, providers, and payers. The successful candidate will help us design and build various applications and user interfaces that simplify and unify our existing or new products.
If you would like to participate in a green-field, AWS-based set of UIs in applications using microservices, serverless technology, UI components, and APIs, then this is the team for you.
You will influence designs and work with other front-end development experts that will challenge your knowledge and skills. You will implement modern UI designs and experiences that push the boundaries of technology.
AWS experience is preferred, of course, but not necessary. We have a high success rate in teaching AWS as well as other technologies.
What you will be doing:
- Use wide-ranging experiences, professional concepts, and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways
- Work closely with our business experts, UI/UX designers, DevOps, QA, and other software engineers
- Leverage reusable components and modules to implement designs as efficient user experiences and well tested UIs
- Work on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors
- Exercise judgment in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results
- Network with key contacts outside your areas of expertise
- Participate in daily stand-ups, sprint plan meetings and perform tasks related to the Agile (Scrum and Kanban) methodology
- Able to recognize strengths and limitations of team members, and adapt to leverage and mentor
- Maintain open communication with the team on development tasks
- Keep current on new front-end trends with dedicated self-training time
- Work with team to propose low-level designs for task and story level assignments as well as high level design for epic-level assignments
- Minimum of 8 years of related experience with a bachelor's degree; or 6 years and a master's degree; or a Ph.D. with 3 years of experience; or equivalent experience
- 6+ years of hands-on experience in web development
- 5+ years of React JS with a deep understanding of React JS internals and building reusable libraries
- Expert command of HTML5 and CSS3
- Expertise with multiple state management patterns
- Expertise with web application routing strategies
- Expertise testing, deploying, and optimizing web applications
- Considerable experience with database development and API integrations
- Experience with best practices around web application security
- Experience building solutions with RESTful APIs
- Experience using distributed version control
- Experience working with cross-functional teams in an Agile environment
- Strong problem-solving skills and detail-oriented
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills
- You must be highly motivated, accountable, and reliable
- Sense of ownership over what you build, thinking through all the edge cases and angles
- Broad understanding of cloud technologies (AWS preferred) and DevOps practices
- Experience with state management, web application routing, and creating reusable libraries
- Experience profiling and tuning the performance of web-based applications
- Knowledge and experience with Git
Join our team today where we are creating a better coordinated, increasingly collaborative, and more efficient healthcare system!
COVID Vaccination Requirements
We remain committed to doing our part to ensure the health, safety, and well-being of our team members and our communities. As such, we require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment and we may require periodic testing for certain roles. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. Change Healthcare adheres to COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement
Change Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, or veteran status. To read more about employment discrimination protections under federal law, read EEO is the Law at https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/eeo-law-poster and the supplemental information at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Applicant requesting reasonable accommodation" as the subject. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Click here https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf to view our pay transparency nondiscrimination policy.
California (US) Residents: By submitting an application to Change Healthcare for consideration of any employment opportunity, you acknowledge that you have read and understood Change Healthcare’s Privacy Notice to California Job Applicants Regarding the Collection of Personal Information.
Change Healthcare maintains a drug free workplace and conducts pre-employment drug-testing, where applicable, in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
Join Our Talent Community
Receive job alerts and stay up to date with ways that Change Healthcare is transforming the healthcare industry, one innovation at a time.