Senior Software Engineer, Analytics
Job ID R27284
Date posted 05/19/2022
Change Healthcare occupies a uniquely interconnected position at the center of healthcare. We believe it is our responsibility to test, adopt, and refine new technologies to help create a more efficient healthcare system. As healthcare technology leaders, we are passionate about building enterprise-class solutions using the latest cloud technologies and current development best practices. We have a bias for action with a broad mandate to innovate and provide world class healthcare solutions.
- Level: Experienced
- Travel: Local
What makes a successful Software Engineer at Change Healthcare?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
- Quick learner
There are numerous career paths and opportunities for growth at Change Healthcare. Below is an example of the trajectory you could have in your careers as a Software Engineer.
Career Path Steps
- Step 1: Engineer 1
- Step 2: Engineer 2
- Step 3: Senior Engineer
- Step 4: Staff Engineer
- Step 5: Principal Engineer
Our Total Rewards
Our Total Rewards strategy consists of a portfolio of offerings: compensation, recognition, well-being and benefits, that are aligned with our talent management strategy, enabling us to attract, develop, engage, reward, and retain employees. Our engaged workforce enables a high performing culture.
Paid Time Off
Volunteer Days and
Senior Software Engineer, Analytics
Our Data Solutions Team is seeking a world-class Senior Engineer to build timely, high powered insights.
In this role, you will enjoy working with a talented and diverse team of engineers specializing in deep learning, active learning, and classical machine learning with one of the richest data sets in US healthcare, nearly limitless cloud compute resources including Spark clusters and GPUs, and the ability to support a large pipeline of AI models directly into business impact.
This engineer must have deep knowledge of analytics and a proven ability to help drive a new generation of data and machine learning-enabled services and products to impact the healthcare system.
What Will Be My Duties And Responsibilities In This Job?
- Provide technical leadership and implementation for Software Engineering projects supporting our Analytics, AI and machine learning goals
- Modifies, implements, tests, and supports all product related technology and functionality, including software infrastructure in an AWS hosted environment
- Demonstrates strong drive to learn and advocate for development best practices (TDD, code reviews, continuous integration, etc.)
- Communicates proactively and effectively with team members and other product stakeholders in a highly Agile environment
- Self-starter that will take tasks and accomplish them with little oversight according to timelines and budgets agreed upon with business and technology stakeholders
What Are The Requirements Needed For This Position?
- Master's degree in Computer Sciences, or Mathematics OR Bachelor’s degree in Computer Sciences, or Mathematics +10 years of equivalent work experience
- The ideal candidate will have a background in AWS ecosystem, have experience working with large data sets, and have experience in building analytics Platforms.
- Strong knowledge and experience of AWS cloud infrastructure compute, networking, storage and other AWS cloud services like S3, EC2, EMR, SageMaker, EKS, ECS, Athena, Glue, Redshift
- Experience with Big Data tech stack, including Hadoop, Java, Python, Spark, PySpark, Scala, and Hive, Columnar and NoSQL data stores
- Expertise with open source databases like Druid, Cassandra, Postgres
- Development experience with BI/Enterprise Reporting tools
- Proficiency using Airflow and other workflows preferred
- Experience with data lakes preferred
- Build and Deploy REST APIs
- Experience with large data sets and distributed computing (Spark)
- Above-average capabilities with technologies or tools such as Docker, Gitlab CI, Python packaging, command-line executions and shell scripting
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to describe the logic and implications of a complex model to all types of partners (product managers, engineers, designers, senior executives)
What Other Skills/Experience Would Be Helpful To Have?
- Strong knowledge of healthcare data, analytics & workflows, excellent problem-solving & project management capabilities, and a proven ability to design & drive analytics platform
- Excellent critical thinking, verbal and written communications skills
- Knowledge of common data structures and experience with large datasets
- Knowledge and experience in the healthcare industry is a plus
How much should I expect to travel?
- No Travel
What Are The Working Conditions And Physical Requirements Of This Job?
- General office demands
Join our team today where we are creating a better coordinated, increasingly collaborative, and more efficient healthcare system!
COVID Vaccination Requirements
We remain committed to doing our part to ensure the health, safety, and well-being of our team members and our communities. As such, we require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment and we may require periodic testing for certain roles. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. Change Healthcare adheres to COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement
Change Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, or veteran status. To read more about employment discrimination protections under federal law, read EEO is the Law at https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/eeo-law-poster and the supplemental information at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Applicant requesting reasonable accommodation" as the subject. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Click here https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf to view our pay transparency nondiscrimination policy.
California (US) Residents: By submitting an application to Change Healthcare for consideration of any employment opportunity, you acknowledge that you have read and understood Change Healthcare’s Privacy Notice to California Job Applicants Regarding the Collection of Personal Information.
Change Healthcare maintains a drug free workplace and conducts pre-employment drug-testing, where applicable, in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
Join Our Talent Community
Receive job alerts and stay up to date with ways that Change Healthcare is transforming the healthcare industry, one innovation at a time.