Visit our career site, create a profile, and submit your application. Make sure to observe the job description and see how your background can align to the requirements of the role.
Payer Inside Sales Executive
Job ID R31399
Date posted 03/17/2023
Applicant Data Privacy And Protection Notice
Opportunities at Change Healthcare, part of the Optum family of businesses. We are transforming the health care system through innovative technology and analytics. Find opportunities to make a difference in a variety of career areas as we all play a role in accelerating health care transformation. Help us deliver cutting-edge solutions for patients, hospitals and insurance companies, resulting in healthier communities. Use your talents to improve the health outcomes of millions of people and discover the meaning behind: Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
Inside Sales Executive – Payer
Overview of Position
The Inside Sales Executive is responsible for identifying and closing new Payer Medical Network, Payment and Communications opportunities by demonstrating the value proposition of solutions. This role sells in a matrix organization and collaborates with other sales channels and generating net new business utilizing prior knowledge to position themselves and Change Healthcare solutions to suit the needs of the client. Prospective customers are generated through cold calling and qualifying leads. Limited field activity may occur, but only on an infrequent basis. The Inside Sales Executive is responsible for utilizing sales techniques and product knowledge to meet or exceed an established sales quota.
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
- 60% - Generates prospective customers through cold calling and qualifying leads. Utilizes email, phone, WebEx, and any other digital form of selling coupled with effective sales techniques to increase revenue and customer base, ultimately meeting or exceeding sales quota
- 10% - Maintains sufficient technical knowledge of Change Healthcare product offering, vendors and laws and regulations relating to different states and or service delivery
- 10% - Actively participates in account sales team calls/meetings with internal and external business partners. Documents Salesforce with activity and sales stage
- 10% - Document sales activity in Salesforce and participate in reporting progress as needed
- Identifying opportunities to sell solutions to existing and net new customers
- Conducting sales presentations
- Collaborating with other sales channels and account management
- Maintaining deep understanding of solution set
- Conducting research and preparing for sales calls for assigned markets to ensure successful outcomes
- Meeting assigned sales quota
- Actively participating in account sales team calls/meetings with internal and external business partners
- Providing service and support to customers in the initial contracting stage
- Effectively working with internal staff to ensure new accounts are successfully activated
- Provisioning of sales reports and prospect reports
- Identifying cross-selling opportunities within accounts
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- 3 years of new business/lead generation/qualification experience
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- Healthcare experience preferred
- Demonstrated experience selling into the payer/TPA market helpful
- Experience in a competitive, sales role where regular outbound calls are conducted
- Experience in data tracking in Salesforce.com
- Experience in knowledgeably educating, consulting and ultimately selling based on customer need including ability to assess need and articulate product fulfillment and improvement
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to build relationships across the organization and collaborate as necessary to accomplish goals
- Positive and energetic phone skills, excellent listening skills and strong written skills
- Successful track record of working as a part of dynamic, fast-paced and growing teams that are results oriented and collaborative
- Effective analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to maintain SME level industry and product knowledge
- Four-year college degree preferred
10% travel required
California / Colorado / New Jersey / New York / Rhode Island / Washington Residents Only:
The applicable base pay for your state is listed below. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, Change Healthcare offers benefits such as a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with Change Healthcare, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion:
•At Change Healthcare, we include all. We celebrate diversity and inclusivity, respect each other and value our unique experiences. By being our authentic selves, we bring different perspectives into our work and relationships.
•Business Resource Groups (BRGs) play a central role in advancing diversity and inclusion at Change Healthcare. They deepen our understanding of different cultures, people, and experiences, and help foster an inclusive workplace. Change offers eight (8) BRGs. Learn more at https://careers.changehealthcare.com/diversity
Feeling Inspired? Ready to #MakeAChange? Apply today!
COVID Vaccination Requirements
We remain committed to doing our part to ensure the health, safety and well-being of our team members and our communities. As such, some individuals may be required to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to or during employment. Certain roles may require COVID-19 vaccination and/or testing as a condition of employment. Change Healthcare adheres to COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement
Change Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, or veteran status. To read more about employment discrimination protections under federal law, read EEO is the Law at https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/eeo-law-poster and the supplemental information at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to
Click here https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf to view our pay transparency nondiscrimination policy.
California (US) Residents: By submitting an application to Change Healthcare for consideration of any employment opportunity, you acknowledge that you have read and understood Change Healthcare’s Privacy Notice to California Job Applicants Regarding the Collection of Personal Information.
Change Healthcare maintains a drug free workplace and conducts pre-employment drug-testing, where applicable, in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
Jobs For You
You currently do not have any saved jobs.
Talent Acquisition Process
Once you apply for a job opening, the Sourcing Specialist or Talent Advisor will review your resume ensuring your background matches the minimum job requirements. Selected candidates will be invited for a phone screen.
Steps will vary by team, but typically include: Talent Advisor phone screen, hiring manager interview, and a combination of technical screens and panel interviews.
If you're selected, you can expect the Talent Advisor to reach out with specific offer details. During this stage you will be provided with an electronic offer letter and other new hire documents.
Once you've electronically signed your offer, our onboarding team will get you ready for Week 1 and set you up for success! Onboarding tasks may include a background check, drug screening, and other job specific requirements.
Join Our Talent Community
Receive job alerts and stay up to date with ways that Change Healthcare is transforming the healthcare industry, one innovation at a time.