Visit our career site, create a profile, and submit your application. Make sure to observe the job description and see how your background can align to the requirements of the role.
Revenue Cycle Training Specialist - Remote
Job ID R26993
Date posted 04/25/2022
What will I be responsible for in this job?
Responsible for developing and providing operational training to onshore and offshore team members across the TES PRCM organization. Team member will work closely with operations teams, process & training excellence teams, and others to identify the current training needs of the business to ensure overall success of client metrics.
Training Specialists will be aligned to an RCM function (Data Entry/Edits, Payment Posting, AR, Credits) and specialty (Pathology/Laboratory, Radiology, Anesthesia, Multi-Specialty) with an expectation that they can provide training at the detailed functional level.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Monitor and evaluate inventory identified by offshore as not workable to develop action plans including providing pathway support, re-training, etc.
- Assess training needs and execute on training plans
- Provide Revenue Cycle Management (RCM) functional training to staff and mid-level management
- Monitor the proficiency of staff once training has been completed, retrain as needed and update training process with lessons learned
- Coordinate and serve as supplemental support to the training and pathway teams to ensure business priorities are aligned
- Organize and develop, or obtain, training procedure manuals and guides and course materials such as handouts and visual materials, including the method, media, and documentation to be presented
- Monitor, evaluate, or record training activities for program effectiveness as well as develop solutions to less-effective programs
- Serve as point of contact for operational training for the specialty and function of assignment
What are the requirements?
- Required: College degree in adult learning or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years revenue cycle management experience preferred
- 1+ year experience in a training capacity (formal or informal)
What critical skills are needed for you to consider someone for this position?
- Knowledge of revenue cycle management
- Knowledge of adult learning theory
- Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design
- Leadership skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Public Speaking
- Emotional Intelligence
- Technology: MS Office, Webex
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- Experience in Microsoft Project, Excel, and Visio
- Experience with multiple functions within RCM a plus
- Experience with multiple billing platforms (GE Centricity, Epic, Cerner, Imagine, MMIS, MDIV) a plus
- Preference to candidates with a background in developing training programs in the RCM business
- Ability to communicate well with an audience / customer base of all people at all levels
- Effective written and verbal communication skills with the ability to self-edit
- Critical thinking – using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches
- Judgment and decision making
- Ability to multi-task and remain flexible to accept new and changing priorities
- Ability to accept constructive feedback and work towards self-improvement and professional growth
How much should I expect to travel?
Employees in roles that require travel will need to be able to qualify for a company credit card or be able to use their own personal credit card for travel expenses and submit for reimbursement.
Join our team today where we are creating a better coordinated, increasingly collaborative, and more efficient healthcare system!
COVID Vaccination Requirements
We remain committed to doing our part to ensure the health, safety, and well-being of our team members and our communities. As such, we require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment and we may require periodic testing for certain roles. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. Change Healthcare adheres to COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement
Change Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, or veteran status. To read more about employment discrimination protections under federal law, read EEO is the Law at https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/eeo-law-poster and the supplemental information at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Applicant requesting reasonable accommodation" as the subject. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Click here https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf to view our pay transparency nondiscrimination policy.
California (US) Residents: By submitting an application to Change Healthcare for consideration of any employment opportunity, you acknowledge that you have read and understood Change Healthcare’s Privacy Notice to California Job Applicants Regarding the Collection of Personal Information.
Change Healthcare maintains a drug free workplace and conducts pre-employment drug-testing, where applicable, in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
Talent Acquisition Process
Once you apply for a job opening, the Sourcing Specialist or Talent Advisor will review your resume ensuring your background matches the minimum job requirements. Selected candidates will be invited for a phone screen.
Steps will vary by team, but typically include: Talent Advisor phone screen, hiring manager interview, and a combination of technical screens and panel interviews.
If you're selected, you can expect the Talent Advisor to reach out with specific offer details. During this stage you will be provided with an electronic offer letter and other new hire documents.
Once you've electronically signed your offer, our onboarding team will get you ready for Week 1 and set you up for success! Onboarding tasks may include a background check, drug screening, and other job specific requirements.
Join Our Talent Community
Receive job alerts and stay up to date with ways that Change Healthcare is transforming the healthcare industry, one innovation at a time.