Director Product Management, Coordination of Benefits
Own, launch, and drive the end-to-end lifecycle of enterprise software products that shape the future of Change Healthcare’s product portfolio, support our mission, and foster customer interaction to streamline sales deals. Together with sales, operations, engineering, program management, and legal, you have the opportunity to be the change agent of a winning collaborative team that is focused on driving growth as a strategic priority.
- Level: Experienced
- Travel: Local
What makes a successful Product Manager at Change Healthcare?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Results Driven
- Customer Focused
- Team Oriented
“I love working with my customers and helping them solve business challenges in their shift to a more patient-centric revenue cycle. At Change Healthcare we are seeking to inspire a better healthcare system and I cannot think of a better way to do that then partnering and innovating with our customers. Product management gives me the opportunity work with internal stakeholders across our organization in pursuit of providing true value to our customers.” Nicholas Raup
AVP, Product Management
“The Product Manager sets the tone for a product, understands the customer’s pain points, leads a team, takes various forms of input, and ultimately makes the product-related decisions. At Change Healthcare, our products are game changing solutions that are improving the fabric of the US Health System. Change promotes a positive and energetic culture that incubates design thinking solves for complex healthcare issues. Join us for a challenging, exciting and rewarding career experience that impacts our quality of life.” Stacey Fontenot
VP of Product Management
There are numerous career paths and opportunities for growth at Change Healthcare. Below is an example of the trajectory you could have in your Product Management career.
Our Total Rewards
Our Total Rewards strategy consists of a portfolio of offerings: compensation, recognition, well-being and benefits, that are aligned with our talent management strategy, enabling us to attract, develop, engage, reward, and retain employees. Our engaged workforce enables a high performing culture.
Paying for Performance
Rewards and Recognition
Paid Time Off
Volunteer Days and
Alpharetta, Georgia - Additional locations
Transforming the future of healthcare isn’t something we take lightly. It takes teams of the best and the brightest, working together to make an impact.
As one of the largest healthcare technology companies in the U.S., we are a catalyst to accelerate the journey toward improved lives and healthier communities.
Here at Change Healthcare, we’re using our influence to drive positive changes across the industry, and we want motivated and passionate people like you to help us continue to bring new and innovative ideas to life.
If you’re ready to embrace your passion and do what you love with a company that’s committed to supporting your future, then you belong at Change Healthcare.
Pursue purpose. Champion innovation. Earn trust. Be agile. Include all.
Empower Your Future. Make a Difference.
Director Product Management, Coordination of Benefits
The Director is responsible for planning, organizing, and tracking multiple projects for the Coordination of Benefits business, focusing on product improvement initiatives and new product innovation. The Director will be responsible for managing several concurrent high visibility projects in a fast-paced environment including several cross-functional teams. This includes production support of multiple applications that involve the ingestion of over 2 Billion eligibility records and hundreds of millions of claims from across hundreds of eligibility files per month. These files are in disparate layouts, formats, and include a mixture of text files and clearinghouse transactions (X271 & X834). The COB application team is comprised of multiple team members from across multiple time zones.
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
- The ability to define the vision of new products and hold technology team accountable for delivering on the vision. Coordinate with relevant stakeholders to define product scope, objectives, and technical feasibility; ensure appropriate resource availability and allocation; develop and maintain detailed product plans; organize and lead project status and working meetings; prepare and distribute progress reports; perform ongoing risk assessment analyses
- Work closely with business leaders to size and price development initiatives; create and maintain necessary capital funding request support documentation; handle day-to-day processes for capital fund tracking; ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Create and maintain detailed documentation relevant to software development and other projects; develop and present visuals for process flows, timelines, assumptions, constraints, etc.; assist with the creation of other high and/or low-level business and system documentation, as needed
- Lead requirements gathering sessions; create and maintain user stories; serve as a single point of contact between business and IT stakeholders; set and maintain development priorities; proactively identify and remove roadblocks; ensure regular and timely production of deliverables
- Create and maintain acceptance criteria; Ability to verify / accept work produced by IT team performing some QA functions; organizing UAT with relevant stakeholders
- Act as the business unit’s authority and established expert on understanding the use of technology (including software and related tools) to support data processing innovation. Make authoritative technical and/or professional recommendations that have a significant short-term and long-term impact on the business. Integrates usability studies, research, market analysis, solution validation, and design thinking into product, solution, and service requirements to enhance user satisfaction.
- Ability to translate requirements between cloud platforms, such as Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services and SQL/.NET based applications
- Lead capital requirement assessment; Anticipates product needs per long term product plans; Accountable for product performance as indicated in capital plan
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- 5-7 years’ experience in Healthcare product management
What critical skills are needed for you to consider someone for this position?
- Experience with healthcare audits is preferred
- Technical background to provide credible leadership to development teams and accurately evaluate complex project risks and issues
- Ability to collaborate with customers and develop strategies and solutions of high business value
- Knowledge of database (Oracle, SQL SERVER) fundamentals, AWS capabilities preferred
- Experience with UI/UX development is a plus
- Agile Project Management tools such as Jira, Confluence, Cloud Coach, etc.
- Microsoft Project, Visio, and all Office Tools
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and experience interacting with both business and IT individuals at all levels including the executive level
What are the working conditions and physical requirements of this job?
- General Office Demands
How much should I expect to travel?
- Approximately 10%
- Employees in roles that require travel will need to be able to qualify for a company credit card or be able to use their own personal credit card for travel expenses and submit for reimbursement
Join our team today where we are creating a better coordinated, increasingly collaborative, and more efficient healthcare system!
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement
Change Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, or veteran status. To read more about employment discrimination protections under federal law, read EEO is the Law at https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/eeo-law-poster and the supplemental information at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Applicant requesting reasonable accommodation" as the subject. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Click here https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf to view our pay transparency nondiscrimination policy.
Change Healthcare maintains a drug free workplace and conducts pre-employment drug-testing, where applicable, in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
Don't see the role you're looking for or not ready to apply yet?
Sign-up to get the latest opportunities at Change Healthcare.