Visit our career site, create a profile, and submit your application. Make sure to observe the job description and see how your background can align to the requirements of the role.
Data Solutions – Sales Engineer
Job ID R26383
Date posted 04/12/2022
Change Healthcare is a leading healthcare technology company with a mission to inspire a better healthcare system. We deliver innovative solutions to patients, hospitals, and insurance companies to improve clinical decision making, simplify financial processes, and enable better patient experiences to improve lives and support healthier communities.
Data Solutions Sales Engineer
Overview of Position
Change Healthcare Data Solutions enables & licenses data & analytics to solve healthcare’s most pressing challenges. To meet strong demand, we are looking to immediately expand our team. The Data Solutions Sales Engineer (DSSE) is responsible for bridging the gap between Client Requirements, Legal/Compliance constraints and real-world IT production needs in hosted cloud environments. This role is not a Developer role. It is a Business side role requiring close coordination with Clients and CHC IT teams. This is an individual contributor role.
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
- DSSE is a subject matter expert that ensures feasibility of pending customer requirements. This requires a detailed understanding of customer needs, and how our data, technology & compliance can fulfill them. The DSSE:
- Is an expert in Data Solutions products
- Thoroughly understands our customer’s requirements
- Translates those requirements into formal IT requirements
- Ensure solutions meet privacy, contractual & enterprise security requirements
- Ensure designs are technically & operationally feasible (ease of configuration, deployment, scalability, maintenance & repeatability).
- Ensure solutions are well documented
- The DSSE collaborates across cross functional teams (Change Healthcare & customer) to ensure a smooth & quality assured client implementation
- Effective collaborator between client, CHC business, operations, IT, legal & customer service functions.
- Ensures adherence to IT, information security, operations, customer support, legal & data governance standards
- Ensure quality & adherence to specifications & timeline.
- Ensure the solution is serviceable by customer support.
- Assist in developing appropriate reporting to track Operations and IT KPI’s
- Support sales team with technical communication to client, proof of concept, and product/solution briefings.
- The DSSE helps Data Solutions innovate
- Actively identify improved methods of better servicing customers and driving productivity and operational efficiency
- Actively participate in driving requirements for CHC’s new Data Solutions products
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- 3-4 years’ overall relevant experience
- 1 years’ technical/operational experience with healthcare data, ideally bridging the gap between business & technical/operational requirements.
- 1 years’ experience working with healthcare data
- 2-3 years’ experience working with SQL, (intermediate level)
- Excel skills – intermediate level
- Basic understanding of cloud based platforms (preferably AWS)
- Basic understanding of API concepts.
What are the working conditions and physical requirements of this job?
General Office Demands
How much should I expect to travel?
Negligible if any
Employees in roles that require travel will need to be able to qualify for a company credit card or be able to use their own personal credit card for travel expenses and submit for reimbursement.
Diversity and Inclusion:
•At Change Healthcare, we include all. We celebrate diversity and inclusivity, respect each other and value our unique experiences. By being our authentic selves, we bring different perspectives into our work and relationships.
•Business Resource Groups (BRGs) play a central role in advancing diversity and inclusion at Change Healthcare. They deepen our understanding of different cultures, people, and experiences, and help foster an inclusive workplace. Change offers eight (8) BRGs. Learn more at https://careers.changehealthcare.com/diversity
Feeling Inspired? Ready to #MakeAChange? Apply today!
COVID Vaccination Requirements
We remain committed to doing our part to ensure the health, safety, and well-being of our team members and our communities. As such, we require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment and, when job-related and consistent with business necessity, we may require periodic testing for certain roles. Some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. Change Healthcare adheres to COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement
Change Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, or veteran status. To read more about employment discrimination protections under federal law, read EEO is the Law at https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/eeo-law-poster and the supplemental information at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Applicant requesting reasonable accommodation" as the subject. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Click here https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf to view our pay transparency nondiscrimination policy.
California (US) Residents: By submitting an application to Change Healthcare for consideration of any employment opportunity, you acknowledge that you have read and understood Change Healthcare’s Privacy Notice to California Job Applicants Regarding the Collection of Personal Information.
Change Healthcare maintains a drug free workplace and conducts pre-employment drug-testing, where applicable, in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
Talent Acquisition Process
Once you apply for a job opening, the Sourcing Specialist or Talent Advisor will review your resume ensuring your background matches the minimum job requirements. Selected candidates will be invited for a phone screen.
Steps will vary by team, but typically include: Talent Advisor phone screen, hiring manager interview, and a combination of technical screens and panel interviews.
If you're selected, you can expect the Talent Advisor to reach out with specific offer details. During this stage you will be provided with an electronic offer letter and other new hire documents.
Once you've electronically signed your offer, our onboarding team will get you ready for Week 1 and set you up for success! Onboarding tasks may include a background check, drug screening, and other job specific requirements.
Join Our Talent Community
Receive job alerts and stay up to date with ways that Change Healthcare is transforming the healthcare industry, one innovation at a time.