Visit our career site, create a profile, and submit your application. Make sure to observe the job description and see how your background can align to the requirements of the role.
Compute Protection Engineer
Job ID R29111
Date posted 08/12/2022
Change Healthcare is a leading healthcare technology company with a mission to inspire a better healthcare system. We deliver innovative solutions to patients, hospitals, and insurance companies to improve clinical decision making, simplify financial processes, and enable better patient experiences to improve lives and support healthier communities.
Compute Protection Engineer
Overview of Position
The Compute Protection Engineer provides information assurance solutions to our customers. This role has direct responsibility to ensure responsive Information Security guidance and support for all internal and external customer needs and consult with internal and external customers to identify Information Security issues, assist in the development of solutions, and directly communicate resulting Information Security strategy to appropriate stakeholders.
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
- Analyzes and defines security requirements for moderate to complex IT issues
- Designs, develops and implements solutions to IT security requirements
- Develops, analyzes and implements security specifications
- Develops documentation to support ongoing security systems operations, maintenance and specific problem resolution
- Review, interpret and adapt customer, regulatory and corporate security and compliance requirements into technical design options
- Provides expertise in security control configuration to business as needed
- Participates with Enterprise Risk Management team to ensure proper identification of policy issues/violations
- Implements security policy, standards, guidelines, processes, and procedures to ensure ongoing maintenance of security.
- Conduct research on cloud related products, services and standards to remain abreast of developments in the information security industry
- Building, integrating, maintaining, and monitoring compute protection services with on-premise and cloud technologies
- Participating in computer security incident response efforts and other security investigation activities as assigned.
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- Bachelor’s degree in computer information security/related field or equivalent experience
- 3 or more years’ experience in security system administration with several of those years gaining experience in deploying and maintaining security technologies such as Advanced Threat Protection (ATP), Endpoint detection and response (EDR/XDR), File Integrity Monitoring, Next Generation Antivirus running on-premise and in the cloud.
- 3+ years’ experience in IT security
- CISSP, CCSP, CCSK preferred
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- In-depth knowledge in endpoint protection, data loss prevention, vulnerability management, and security incident response in traditional on-premise, virtual, container, and cloud environments
- Familiarity of AWS, Azure, and GCP infrastructure Security
- Possess programming and scripting skills (e.g C#, Perl, Java, Powershell, or Python)
- Familiar with CI/CD, containerizing, orchestration, and bug tracking tools (e.g Azure DevOps, Ansible, Jenkins, OpenShift, Docker, Kubernetes, JIRA, etc.)
- Deep understanding of Windows and Linux systems hardening
- Familiarity of containerization, and cloud security controls
- Strong practical Windows and Linux-based systems administration skills
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
- Ability to work both independently and with a team of highly skilled professionals
Diversity and Inclusion:
•At Change Healthcare, we include all. We celebrate diversity and inclusivity, respect each other and value our unique experiences. By being our authentic selves, we bring different perspectives into our work and relationships.
•Business Resource Groups (BRGs) play a central role in advancing diversity and inclusion at Change Healthcare. They deepen our understanding of different cultures, people, and experiences, and help foster an inclusive workplace. Change offers eight (8) BRGs. Learn more at https://careers.changehealthcare.com/diversity
Feeling Inspired? Ready to #MakeAChange? Apply today!
COVID Vaccination Requirements
We remain committed to doing our part to ensure the health, safety, and well-being of our team members and our communities. As such, we require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment and, when job-related and consistent with business necessity, we may require periodic testing for certain roles. Some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. Change Healthcare adheres to COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement
Change Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, or veteran status. To read more about employment discrimination protections under federal law, read EEO is the Law at https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/eeo-law-poster and the supplemental information at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com with "Applicant requesting reasonable accommodation" as the subject. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Click here https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf to view our pay transparency nondiscrimination policy.
California (US) Residents: By submitting an application to Change Healthcare for consideration of any employment opportunity, you acknowledge that you have read and understood Change Healthcare’s Privacy Notice to California Job Applicants Regarding the Collection of Personal Information.
Change Healthcare maintains a drug free workplace and conducts pre-employment drug-testing, where applicable, in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
Talent Acquisition Process
Once you apply for a job opening, the Sourcing Specialist or Talent Advisor will review your resume ensuring your background matches the minimum job requirements. Selected candidates will be invited for a phone screen.
Steps will vary by team, but typically include: Talent Advisor phone screen, hiring manager interview, and a combination of technical screens and panel interviews.
If you're selected, you can expect the Talent Advisor to reach out with specific offer details. During this stage you will be provided with an electronic offer letter and other new hire documents.
Once you've electronically signed your offer, our onboarding team will get you ready for Week 1 and set you up for success! Onboarding tasks may include a background check, drug screening, and other job specific requirements.
Join Our Talent Community
Receive job alerts and stay up to date with ways that Change Healthcare is transforming the healthcare industry, one innovation at a time.