Visit our career site, create a profile, and submit your application. Make sure to observe the job description and see how your background can align to the requirements of the role.
Business Systems Analyst
Job ID R27272
Date posted 05/13/2022
Business Systems Analyst
Overview of Position
The Enterprise Customer Care (ECC) Business Systems Analyst will assist the ECC team by understanding the organization’s operational and technical needs required to build and support an enterprise class customer service portal. This will include the deep understanding of business systems, technologies, and processes with varying complexity. The Business Systems Analyst is involved in planning, organizing, and developing detailed analytical studies to define problems, identify deficiencies and improve solutions which impact the organization’s effectiveness, and provide the basis for issue resolution. This will include significant integration with platforms such as CRM, communications, and enterprise applications. The Business Systems Analyst is responsible for executing the system definition and design processes within the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC). They collaborate with users to define business requirements for system enhancements and new functionalities to implement new capabilities and/or achieve process improvements.
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
- Conducts interviews to gather new requirements autonomously; employs facilitation techniques as needed to discuss requirements with clients and users; uses specific group and collaborative methods for collecting requirements
- Identification, mapping, and documentation of key portal components with a heavy focus on utilizing APIs
- For highly complex requests/projects, leads or performs analysis of business and user needs, constructs requirements documentation, translates requirements into proper system requirement specifications, and reviews requirements and specifications with internal and external stakeholders
- Communicate the business directives, goals, and needs to the technical team and serve as business interface from the enterprise’s operational management team, managing expectations and defining business satisfaction metrics
- As directed, the BSA will participate in an agile development team, ensuring features and functionality requested by users align with business goals for the product, particularly as goals and products evolve over time, as well as ensuring the right information is available to the engineering teams, with the right amount of detail, and at the right time
- Guides the design, development and documentation of system process workflows and various implementation activities that deliver business solutions required of the business
- Within the scope of strategic/corporate initiatives; elicits requirements, creates documentation, manages risk, and works with the project manager to determine prioritization
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- 6-8 years of professional experience in a technical and analytical role
- Four to eight years of project or team lead experience
- Education: Master’s/Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent, or equivalent relevant work experience
- Good understanding of writing user stories/acceptance criteria that meet INVEST criteria utilizing Behavior Driven Development (BDD) and the Gherkin Methodology
- 2-3 years supporting digital platforms within agile teams as a Business Systems Analyst
- Experience in identifying requirements, conceptualizing solutions, and defining business process flows at a sufficient level of detail to drive developer implementation
- Demonstrates leadership ability in Agile methods, processes, and teams
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- Experience with Adobe platforms and Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) a plus
- Proven ability to be effective and adaptable in response to frequent change and ambiguity
- Demonstrated ability to build strong working relationships across a large, cross-functional team
- Technical or analytical experience specific to the US Healthcare system
- Experience with Cloud based platforms and API integrated solutions a plus
- Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO), CSM or PMP certification a plus
- Experience using SQL to query databases
- Tools: Jira, Confluence, Visio (or other similar tool), wireframing tools (i.e. Balsamiq), Postman
What are the working conditions and physical requirements of this job?
General Office Demands
How much should I expect to travel?
Employees in roles that require travel will need to be able to qualify for a company credit card or be able to use their own personal credit card for travel expenses and submit for reimbursement.
Join our team today where we are creating a better coordinated, increasingly collaborative, and more efficient healthcare system!
Colorado Residents Only:The base pay range for Colorado residents is $86,165.00 - $176,925.00 plus any relevant incentive pay programs that may be aligned to the role. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your base pay, Change Healthcare offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental and vision plans; wellness program; health savings account; flexible spending accounts; 401(k) retirement plan; life insurance; short-term and long-term disability insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; tuition reimbursement; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
COVID Vaccination Requirements
We remain committed to doing our part to ensure the health, safety, and well-being of our team members and our communities. As such, we require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment and we may require periodic testing for certain roles. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. Change Healthcare adheres to COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement
Change Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, or veteran status. To read more about employment discrimination protections under federal law, read EEO is the Law at https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/eeo-law-poster and the supplemental information at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Applicant requesting reasonable accommodation" as the subject. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Click here https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf to view our pay transparency nondiscrimination policy.
California (US) Residents: By submitting an application to Change Healthcare for consideration of any employment opportunity, you acknowledge that you have read and understood Change Healthcare’s Privacy Notice to California Job Applicants Regarding the Collection of Personal Information.
Change Healthcare maintains a drug free workplace and conducts pre-employment drug-testing, where applicable, in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
Talent Acquisition Process
Once you apply for a job opening, the Sourcing Specialist or Talent Advisor will review your resume ensuring your background matches the minimum job requirements. Selected candidates will be invited for a phone screen.
Steps will vary by team, but typically include: Talent Advisor phone screen, hiring manager interview, and a combination of technical screens and panel interviews.
If you're selected, you can expect the Talent Advisor to reach out with specific offer details. During this stage you will be provided with an electronic offer letter and other new hire documents.
Once you've electronically signed your offer, our onboarding team will get you ready for Week 1 and set you up for success! Onboarding tasks may include a background check, drug screening, and other job specific requirements.
Join Our Talent Community
Receive job alerts and stay up to date with ways that Change Healthcare is transforming the healthcare industry, one innovation at a time.