Visit our career site, create a profile, and submit your application. Make sure to observe the job description and see how your background can align to the requirements of the role.
Bilingual Healthcare Representative
Job ID R30945
Location Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington, Minnesota
Date posted 03/02/2023
Applicant Data Privacy And Protection Notice
Opportunities at Change Healthcare, part of the Optum family of businesses. We are transforming the health care system through innovative technology and analytics. Find opportunities to make a difference in a variety of career areas as we all play a role in accelerating health care transformation. Help us deliver cutting-edge solutions for patients, hospitals and insurance companies, resulting in healthier communities. Use your talents to improve the health outcomes of millions of people and discover the meaning behind: Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
Work Location:Hennepin Healthcare Clinic & Specialty Center Minneapolis, MN (Emergency Department)
Hours: 8am-4:30pm (or similar 8-hour shift)
HCRs act as advocates and meet with patients and their families daily. They are responsible for tracking every application they receive and obtaining high rates of successful outcomes. If you appreciate helping people and possess great communication and computer skills, take the next step towards a rewarding career at Change Healthcare!
- Interviewing clients in a hospital setting (ED) to assist the clients in obtaining maximum benefit coverage
- Completion of applications for state and federal programs (including Health Exchange/Marketplace programs), reviewing medical records and taking all necessary action to expedite benefit approval
- Achieve and maintain certification designation as “Certified Application Counselor”.
- Adherence to company and legal standards regarding Protected Health Information (PHI), Personal Identifiable Information (PII) and Personnel Transaction Identifier (PTI).
- Maintain ongoing communication with government agencies regarding the status of claims.
- Making a determination to take a Federal, State or Local program application based upon medical definition of disability as it relates to body systems and to functions of daily living, and information contained in medical records.
- Bilingual Spanish/English
- High school diploma or equivalent; however a 2 or 4 year college degree is preferred
- 1-3 years of relevant hospital and healthcare experience
- Proficient with computer skills and tablet devices including Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of federal and state programs that will benefit coverage for the client
- Demonstrated experience working with people of various educational and socioeconomics background preferred
- Ability to travel locally, if needed
- Professional & polished demeanor
- Strong work ethics and confidentiality
- Time management skills and attention to detail
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- General office demands at client facility
- Walking throughout hospital
- Visiting patients bedside
• Ready, Set, Grow Career Development Center & access to Change Healthcare University for continuous professional learning & development with more than 5,000 training assets
• Volunteer days, employee giving and matching gifts programs, community awards and dollars for doers, community partnerships
• Employee wellbeing programs and generous health plans
• Educational assistance programs
• US 401(k) or Group RRSP (Canada) savings plans with matching employer contributions
• Be sure to ask our Talent Advisors for more information on location specific benefits and paid time off policies
• Learn more at https://careers.changehealthcare.com
*Eligibility for some benefits may be limited or not available for part-time employees, be sure to speak with your Talent Advisor.
California / Colorado / New Jersey / New York / Rhode Island / Washington Residents Only:
The applicable base pay for your state is listed below. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, Change Healthcare offers benefits such as a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with Change Healthcare, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion:
•At Change Healthcare, we include all. We celebrate diversity and inclusivity, respect each other and value our unique experiences. By being our authentic selves, we bring different perspectives into our work and relationships.
•Business Resource Groups (BRGs) play a central role in advancing diversity and inclusion at Change Healthcare. They deepen our understanding of different cultures, people, and experiences, and help foster an inclusive workplace. Change offers eight (8) BRGs. Learn more at https://careers.changehealthcare.com/diversity
Feeling Inspired? Ready to #MakeAChange? Apply today!
COVID Vaccination Requirements
We remain committed to doing our part to ensure the health, safety and well-being of our team members and our communities. As such, some individuals may be required to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to or during employment. Certain roles may require COVID-19 vaccination and/or testing as a condition of employment. Change Healthcare adheres to COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement
Change Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, or veteran status. To read more about employment discrimination protections under federal law, read EEO is the Law at https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/eeo-law-poster and the supplemental information at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to
Click here https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf to view our pay transparency nondiscrimination policy.
California (US) Residents: By submitting an application to Change Healthcare for consideration of any employment opportunity, you acknowledge that you have read and understood Change Healthcare’s Privacy Notice to California Job Applicants Regarding the Collection of Personal Information.
Change Healthcare maintains a drug free workplace and conducts pre-employment drug-testing, where applicable, in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
Jobs For You
You currently do not have any saved jobs.
Talent Acquisition Process
Once you apply for a job opening, the Sourcing Specialist or Talent Advisor will review your resume ensuring your background matches the minimum job requirements. Selected candidates will be invited for a phone screen.
Steps will vary by team, but typically include: Talent Advisor phone screen, hiring manager interview, and a combination of technical screens and panel interviews.
If you're selected, you can expect the Talent Advisor to reach out with specific offer details. During this stage you will be provided with an electronic offer letter and other new hire documents.
Once you've electronically signed your offer, our onboarding team will get you ready for Week 1 and set you up for success! Onboarding tasks may include a background check, drug screening, and other job specific requirements.
Join Our Talent Community
Receive job alerts and stay up to date with ways that Change Healthcare is transforming the healthcare industry, one innovation at a time.