Product Owner, Prior Authorization Solutions
Own, launch, and drive the end-to-end lifecycle of enterprise software products that shape the future of Change Healthcare’s product portfolio, support our mission, and foster customer interaction to streamline sales deals. Together with sales, operations, engineering, program management, and legal, you have the opportunity to be the change agent of a winning collaborative team that is focused on driving growth as a strategic priority.
- Level: Experienced
- Travel: Local
What makes a successful Product Manager at Change Healthcare?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Results Driven
- Customer Focused
- Team Oriented
“I love working with my customers and helping them solve business challenges in their shift to a more patient-centric revenue cycle. At Change Healthcare we are seeking to inspire a better healthcare system and I cannot think of a better way to do that then partnering and innovating with our customers. Product management gives me the opportunity work with internal stakeholders across our organization in pursuit of providing true value to our customers.” Nicholas Raup
AVP, Product Management
“The Product Manager sets the tone for a product, understands the customer’s pain points, leads a team, takes various forms of input, and ultimately makes the product-related decisions. At Change Healthcare, our products are game changing solutions that are improving the fabric of the US Health System. Change promotes a positive and energetic culture that incubates design thinking solves for complex healthcare issues. Join us for a challenging, exciting and rewarding career experience that impacts our quality of life.” Stacey Fontenot
VP of Product Management
There are numerous career paths and opportunities for growth at Change Healthcare. Below is an example of the trajectory you could have in your Product Management career.
Our Total Rewards
Our Total Rewards strategy consists of a portfolio of offerings: compensation, recognition, well-being and benefits, that are aligned with our talent management strategy, enabling us to attract, develop, engage, reward, and retain employees. Our engaged workforce enables a high performing culture.
Paying for Performance
Rewards and Recognition
Paid Time Off
Volunteer Days and
Madison, Wisconsin - Additional locations
Product Owner, Prior Authorization Solutions
Overview of Position
The Product Owner (PO) works closely and collaborates with clients, third-party partners, and product stakeholders to understand customer and business needs, to document these as functional requirements, and to ensure that the product vision and goals are accomplished through the delivered software enhancements. The PO has responsibility for documenting functionality, user stories, acceptance criteria, and any additional requirements artifacts. The PO is the key liaison to the technology delivery group, is responsible for ensuring that the requirements are understood, and that the delivered technology solutions meet the expected acceptance criteria.
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
- Outlines new products or systems and defines, clarifies, and enforces requirements with engineering to create them.
- Compiles high-level business needs for the project. The PO elicits the requirements from internal and external clients across business units, third-party partners, and product stakeholders using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, and workflow analysis. Works closely with senior leadership and stakeholders to ensure that business requirements are understood.
- Translates business needs into solution design artifacts, functional requirements, user stories, and acceptance critieria that are clear and concise. Participates in external customer demos and validation of features and user stories. Shares artifacts with internal stakeholders for go-to-market decisions, prioritization, and execution.
- Working with onshore and offshore development teams, prioritizes engineering work balancing the existing product back log, new features and enhancements and technical debt considering the requirements of customers and stakeholders.
- Establishes timeframe and expectations for delivery of commitments and tracks the project team by leading scrum activities, understanding and managing project risks, and pro-actively escalating issues to the team to enable predictive product delivery.
- Perform User Acceptance Testing activities for product development and enhancements to ensure the product meets the business requirements.
- Communicate the development status, issues, and opportunities to leadership and stakeholders.
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- 3+ years in defining functionality requirements, building, and implementing business solutions using information technology.
- 2+ years in healthcare. Experience with revenue cycle, EHR implementations, payer operations, and or provider operations is a plus.
- 4-year Degree in Software, Engineering, Business, Sciences, or Healthcare related field.
What critical skills are needed for you to consider someone for this position?
- Experience with Agile development processes. Experience with Lean Kanban processes is a plus.
- Experience in the development of SaaS enterprise cloud solution
- Proficiency with various software applications, including but not limited to: MS Office, MS Visio, and SharePoint. Experience with JIRA a plus.
- Strong analytical skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
- Experience designing and leading requirements elicitation workshops, Joint Application Design (JAD) sessions, and other similar requirements discovery sessions.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in a succinct and clear manner to technical and non-technical audiences.
What are the working conditions and physical requirements of this job?
- General Office Demands
How much should I expect to travel?
- Employees in roles that require travel will need to be able to qualify for a company credit card or be able to use their own personal credit card for travel expenses and submit for reimbursement
Join our team today where we are creating a better coordinated, increasingly collaborative, and more efficient healthcare system!
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement
Change Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, or veteran status. To read more about employment discrimination protections under federal law, read EEO is the Law at https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/eeo-law-poster and the supplemental information at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Applicant requesting reasonable accommodation" as the subject. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Click here https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf to view our pay transparency nondiscrimination policy.
California (US) Residents: By submitting an application to Change Healthcare for consideration of any employment opportunity, you acknowledge that you have read and understood Change Healthcare’s Privacy Notice to California Job Applicants Regarding the Collection of Personal Information.
Change Healthcare maintains a drug free workplace and conducts pre-employment drug-testing, where applicable, in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
Don't see the role you're looking for or not ready to apply yet?
Sign-up to get the latest opportunities at Change Healthcare.