Visit our career site, create a profile, and submit your application. Make sure to observe the job description and see how your background can align to the requirements of the role.
Healthcare Representative - Knoxville, TN ($1,000 Sign On Bonus)
Job ID R26621
Location Knoxville, Tennessee
Date posted 04/27/2022
Overview of Position
HCRs act as advocates and meet with patients and their families daily. They are responsible for tracking every application they receive and obtaining high rates of successful outcomes. If you appreciate helping people and possess great communication and computer skills, take the next step towards a rewarding career at Change Healthcare!
Location: Knoxville TN at University of Tennessee Medical Center
Schedule: Thursday- Monday, and some holidays/weekends (Bilingual Preferred)
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
- Work effectively with hospital employees and patients.
- Interviewing clients in a hospital setting and/or home visits to assist the clients in obtaining maximum benefit coverage.
- Completion of applications for state and federal programs (including Health Exchange/Marketplace programs), reviewing medical records and taking all necessary action to expedite benefit approval.
- Achieve and maintain certification designation as “Certified Application Counselor”.
- Adherence to company and legal standards regarding Protected Health Information (PHI), Personal Identifiable Information (PII) and Personnel Transaction Identifier (PTI).
- Maintain ongoing communication with government agencies regarding the status of claims.
- Provide updates and assistance to hospital personnel and other Change Healthcare staff as needed.
- Maintain documentation of status of claims and client contract on Change Healthcare and/or hospital computer systems.
- Making a determination to take a Federal, State or Local program application based upon medical definition of disability as it relates to body systems and to functions of daily living, and information contained in medical records.
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- 1-3 years of relevant hospital and healthcare experience
- Possible language skills, as required by geographic location
- Proficient with computer skills and tablet devices including Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Ability to travel locally
- Professional & polished demeanor
- Strong work ethics and confidentiality
- Time management skills and attention to detail
*Bonus will paid in two portions. This bonus will be paid out half upon first pay check and half after 6 months of employment.
Join our team today where we are creating a better coordinated, increasingly collaborative, and more efficient healthcare system!
COVID Vaccination Requirements
We remain committed to doing our part to ensure the health, safety, and well-being of our team members and our communities. As such, we require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment and we may require periodic testing for certain roles. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. Change Healthcare adheres to COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement
Change Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, or veteran status. To read more about employment discrimination protections under federal law, read EEO is the Law at https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/eeo-law-poster and the supplemental information at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Applicant requesting reasonable accommodation" as the subject. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Click here https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf to view our pay transparency nondiscrimination policy.
California (US) Residents: By submitting an application to Change Healthcare for consideration of any employment opportunity, you acknowledge that you have read and understood Change Healthcare’s Privacy Notice to California Job Applicants Regarding the Collection of Personal Information.
Change Healthcare maintains a drug free workplace and conducts pre-employment drug-testing, where applicable, in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
Talent Acquisition Process
Once you apply for a job opening, the Sourcing Specialist or Talent Advisor will review your resume ensuring your background matches the minimum job requirements. Selected candidates will be invited for a phone screen.
Steps will vary by team, but typically include: Talent Advisor phone screen, hiring manager interview, and a combination of technical screens and panel interviews.
If you're selected, you can expect the Talent Advisor to reach out with specific offer details. During this stage you will be provided with an electronic offer letter and other new hire documents.
Once you've electronically signed your offer, our onboarding team will get you ready for Week 1 and set you up for success! Onboarding tasks may include a background check, drug screening, and other job specific requirements.
Join Our Talent Community
Receive job alerts and stay up to date with ways that Change Healthcare is transforming the healthcare industry, one innovation at a time.