Visit our career site, create a profile, and submit your application. Make sure to observe the job description and see how your background can align to the requirements of the role.
Job ID R28750
Date posted 07/28/2022
The Scrum master is a position that is part of the PMO team. The Scrum Master will be coaching and managing teams in different product portfolios The Scrum Master will also align closely and work in partnership with multiple teams such as Product Management, Engineering/ Development, Information Security and Business Units on the holistic success of the project. The Scrum Master will lead all ceremonies for the Scrum teams. The Scrum Master will be responsible for producing metrics to help track progress and assist in removing any blockers that impede the progress of the sprint/project. He/she will play a key role in the long-term strategy across the entire organization, helping our teams to deliver better products in a faster, more efficient manner.
- Excellent organization skills - facilitate scrum ceremonies (grooming, sprint planning, review. retrospectives, daily stand-ups, etc.)
- Empower teams to self-organize and grow cross-functionality
- Collaborate closely with the Product Owner (PO) with respect to managing the product backlog.
- Work to remove all impediments and obstructions to the team’s progress.
- Manage the lifecycle of code development, from ideation to sprints to deployment
- Create metrics (burndown, burnup charts) and track and communicate team velocity and sprint/release progress
- Needs to be expert in estimation and planning. He knows how to create useful, reliable and practical plans for software development projects.
- possesses conflict resolution, does conversation by focusing on scrum values of openness, honesty and respect.
- Risk Management approach
- Acts as safeguard for his team
- Facilitate learning and development through individual and team coaching
- Effectively communicate agile principles, scrum practices and overall operating model across the organization
- Champion the use of metrics and other objective measures across teams
- Project Management responsibilities for some of the smaller projects.
- Knowledge of SAFe methodology and agile frameworks like Scrum, Kanban, XP, etc.
- Good skills to coach team how to follow agile scrum, which really works.
- Understand the basic fundamentals of iterative and incremental development.
- Strong knowledge of Scrum theory, rules and practices.
- Knowledge of other Agile approaches, like: Kanban, Crystal, FDD, XP, etc.
- Basic knowledge of software development processes and procedures to understand his team needs.
- Knowledge about Agile techniques like: User Stories, Continuous Integration, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games.
- Ability to take and commit to deliver the product on time.
- Know about the value of metrics and incremental delivery.
- Knowledge about tasks, backlog tracking, burndown metrics, velocity, user stories etc.
- Familiar with common development practices, Service oriented environments, and Agile practices
- Proven track record of successfully collaborating with cross functional teams across organizations and building strong stakeholder relationships
- Strong execution orientation with a drive to deliver tangible results
- Exceptional interpersonal, listening and presentation skills as well as excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must have dynamic personality and be conformable working in a fast-paced environment
Additional Knowledge and Skills :
- Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe) experience preferred
- Experience with software development tools and product roadmap software preferred
- Certified Scrum Master
- Expertise on MS Office suite of tools including Visio, MS Project, Sharepoint, Jira, Confluence (Wiki)
Education: Bachelor's degree in Computer science (preferred) or equivalent experience.
Join our team today where we are creating a better coordinated, increasingly collaborative, and more efficient healthcare system!
COVID Vaccination Requirements
We remain committed to doing our part to ensure the health, safety, and well-being of our team members and our communities. As such, we require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment and we may require periodic testing for certain roles. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. Change Healthcare adheres to COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement
Change Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, or veteran status. To read more about employment discrimination protections under federal law, read EEO is the Law at https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/eeo-law-poster and the supplemental information at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com with "Applicant requesting reasonable accommodation" as the subject. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Click here https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf to view our pay transparency nondiscrimination policy.
California (US) Residents: By submitting an application to Change Healthcare for consideration of any employment opportunity, you acknowledge that you have read and understood Change Healthcare’s Privacy Notice to California Job Applicants Regarding the Collection of Personal Information.
Change Healthcare maintains a drug free workplace and conducts pre-employment drug-testing, where applicable, in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
Talent Acquisition Process
Once you apply for a job opening, the Sourcing Specialist or Talent Advisor will review your resume ensuring your background matches the minimum job requirements. Selected candidates will be invited for a phone screen.
Steps will vary by team, but typically include: Talent Advisor phone screen, hiring manager interview, and a combination of technical screens and panel interviews.
If you're selected, you can expect the Talent Advisor to reach out with specific offer details. During this stage you will be provided with an electronic offer letter and other new hire documents.
Once you've electronically signed your offer, our onboarding team will get you ready for Week 1 and set you up for success! Onboarding tasks may include a background check, drug screening, and other job specific requirements.
Join Our Talent Community
Receive job alerts and stay up to date with ways that Change Healthcare is transforming the healthcare industry, one innovation at a time.