Visit our career site, create a profile, and submit your application. Make sure to observe the job description and see how your background can align to the requirements of the role.
Software Quality Engineer III
Job ID R26949
Date posted 09/15/2022
Change Healthcare is a leading healthcare technology company with a mission to inspire a better healthcare system. We deliver innovative solutions to patients, hospitals, and insurance companies to improve clinical decision making, simplify financial processes, and enable better patient experiences to improve lives and support healthier communities.
Software Quality Engineer III
TPG Capital recently completed the purchase of Change Healthcare’s Clinical Claims Management (CCM) business, which includes the ClaimsXten®, ClaimsXten® Select, ClaimCheck, Secondary Editing, and Episode Manager solutions. The transaction establishes the CCM business as an independent company, with an interim name of ClaimsXten Portfolio. ClaimsXten Portfolio has a long history as a trusted partner and market leader in primary claim editing, delivering value through savings, operational efficiencies, and long-standing partner relationships.
TPG Capital is a leading private equity platform of alternative asset management firm TPG and an active, experienced healthcare and software investor. TPG has a long history of partnering with companies, including the ClaimsXten Portfolio Business–a trusted partner and market leader in primary claim editing, delivering value through savings, operational efficiencies, and long-standing partner relationships. ClaimsXten’s primary solutions are ClaimsXten®, ClaimsXten® Select, ClaimCheck, Secondary Editing, and Episode Manager.
Software Quality Engineer III carries out procedures to ensure that all information systems products and services meet organization standards and end-user requirements. Supports resolving semi-routine tests / tools design / and white box testing. Analyze semi-routine code changes for developing test strategy.
- Assists in the testing of software to ensure proper operation and freedom from defects
- Documents and works to resolve basic problems
- Reports progress on problem resolution to management
- Creates Test Scripts/Cases that are in line with defined business processes and requirements
- Conduct regression tests to ensure that any changes to the system have not affected existing functionality
- Prepares Test Report document and reports on testing progress to appropriate project team members
- Participates in defect triage meetings
- Provides data for metrics reporting at agreed frequency
- Supports the Business Customers/SME’s in the creation and execution of the Business Acceptance Test Plan, Test Scripts/Cases and Data and Results
- Participates in design walkthroughs and the analysis of requirements
- Analyzes, reports on and monitors issues and defects found during the testing execution
- Devises improvements to current procedures and develops models of possible future configurations
- Acts as information resource to other quality assurance analysts
- Performs complex work flow analysis and recommends quality improvements
- Instructs, directs and checks the work of other quality assurance analysts
Knowledge / Skills / Experience
- Possesses sustained energy to set and meet challenging objectives; the ability to organize resources to achieve a standard of excellence in outcomes and monitor on-going performance.
- Advanced understanding of application functionality (e.g., business process flow, rules and functional flow) and associated interfaces.
- Intermediate understanding of build procedures, operating system, database command languages and the programming languages and tools used by the enterprise.
- Strong written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to perform detail-oriented work.
- Ability to handle multiple simultaneous projects.
- Project management awareness and time management skills.
- Typically has 5+ years of experience testing or performing quality analysis on systems.
- Bachelor’s degree/related field or equivalent experience.
- Experience in analyzing various features in a release and recommending a suitable test strategy to achieve greater product quality for each release
- Extensive experience with QA techniques and methodology; developing test strategy and test plans, designing, implementing, executing and analyzing test cases
New York and New Jersey Residents Only: The salary range for New York City, NY and Westchester County, NY is$91,425 - $159,000. The salary range for Ithaca, NY is $79,500 - $132,500. The salary range for Jersey City, NJ is $95,400 - $159,000. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, Change Healthcare offers benefits such as a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with Change Healthcare, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion:
•At Change Healthcare, we include all. We celebrate diversity and inclusivity, respect each other and value our unique experiences. By being our authentic selves, we bring different perspectives into our work and relationships.
•Business Resource Groups (BRGs) play a central role in advancing diversity and inclusion at Change Healthcare. They deepen our understanding of different cultures, people, and experiences, and help foster an inclusive workplace. Change offers eight (8) BRGs. Learn more at https://careers.changehealthcare.com/diversity
Feeling Inspired? Ready to #MakeAChange? Apply today!
COVID Vaccination Requirements
We remain committed to doing our part to ensure the health, safety and well-being of our team members and our communities. As such, some individuals may be required to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to or during employment. Certain roles may require COVID-19 vaccination and/or testing as a condition of employment. Change Healthcare adheres to COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement
Change Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, or veteran status. To read more about employment discrimination protections under federal law, read EEO is the Law at https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/eeo-law-poster and the supplemental information at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com with "Applicant requesting reasonable accommodation" as the subject. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Click here https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf to view our pay transparency nondiscrimination policy.
California (US) Residents: By submitting an application to Change Healthcare for consideration of any employment opportunity, you acknowledge that you have read and understood Change Healthcare’s Privacy Notice to California Job Applicants Regarding the Collection of Personal Information.
Change Healthcare maintains a drug free workplace and conducts pre-employment drug-testing, where applicable, in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
Talent Acquisition Process
Once you apply for a job opening, the Sourcing Specialist or Talent Advisor will review your resume ensuring your background matches the minimum job requirements. Selected candidates will be invited for a phone screen.
Steps will vary by team, but typically include: Talent Advisor phone screen, hiring manager interview, and a combination of technical screens and panel interviews.
If you're selected, you can expect the Talent Advisor to reach out with specific offer details. During this stage you will be provided with an electronic offer letter and other new hire documents.
Once you've electronically signed your offer, our onboarding team will get you ready for Week 1 and set you up for success! Onboarding tasks may include a background check, drug screening, and other job specific requirements.
Join Our Talent Community
Receive job alerts and stay up to date with ways that Change Healthcare is transforming the healthcare industry, one innovation at a time.