Visit our career site, create a profile, and submit your application. Make sure to observe the job description and see how your background can align to the requirements of the role.
Job ID R30520
Location Fort Worth, Texas
Date posted 11/21/2022
Change Healthcare is a leading healthcare technology company with a mission to inspire a better healthcare system. We deliver innovative solutions to patients, hospitals, and insurance companies to improve clinical decision making, simplify financial processes, and enable better patient experiences to improve lives and support healthier communities.
Please review the full template and ensure that you have removed all instructional sections prior to posting.
“Fully Remote - U.S.
The Principal Architect is a key leadership role, responsible for developing new and creative innovative approaches, which will serve as the basis for the company’s next generation Open Pharmacy Marketplace. The Principal Architect will provide hands-on architecture leadership, guidance and mentoring to our distributed engineering teams, be a close collaborator and trusted advisor to the engineering leadership team, and ensure the delivery of high-quality, robust, and scalable solutions. This person will be a thought-leader, with real-world business common sense, and the ability to collaborate across functions. The Principal Architect is tasked with working with the team in solving technical issues on performance, scalability, security, and enterprise systems including over technical leadership for the full product life cycle i.e., requirements gathering, design, development, testing and deployment.
- Work with product managers, domain architects and engineers to develop modern, high-performing, cloud-native software architectures. The nature of these project will vary from enterprise platform component development to new product development and existing product replatforming initiatives to cloud-native architectures.
- Be responsible for Full life cycle systems/applications development to achieve corporate goals and clients' requirements
- Lead the design, development, integration, and debugging of systems and applications
- Do requirements analysis, system/software design and analysis, development/software metric creation and analysis, system risk analysis, integration, and test metrics
- Translate product requirements into engineering specifications
- Provide hands-on engineering support including software development/coding, 3rd party tool analysis, provisioning and configuration.
- Development of enterprise architectural patterns that define best practices for software design and development as well as recommended use of enterprise technologies and services.
- Provide architectural “governance” across the organization ensuring technology teams are adhering to best practices and established engineering disciplines
- Lead complex, cross-cutting, cross-functional IT projects
- Establish and maintain relationships and a broad knowledge of the businesses, products and technologies across the organization
- Establish technical standards and ensure adherence through governance
- Collaborate with the executive team and all facets of the business in order to assess and recommend technical direction and/or technologies in support of company needs
- Develop and communicate business/technology alignment plans to executive team, staff, partners, customers, and stakeholders
- Coordinator of engagement with technology partners, vendors and 3rd parties
- Anticipate future system needs and be proactive in identifying solutions
- Evaluate and identify new technologies for implementation
- Support, maintain, and document software functionality
- Minimum 10 years of experience in hands-on development, application design in the delivery of software products
- Minimum 3 years in an architect role in previous large-scale software development projects, preferably SaaS delivery model
- Extensive experience with developing and delivering commercial enterprise software
- Deep background in Applications and Infrastructure in Cloud Compute workloads in Azure
- Experience and familiarity with a modern Agile / DevOps development process, including continuous integration and deployment, tracking of project metrics, unifying development and operations, etc.
- Understanding of client / server and distributed system / cloud architecture patterns
- Have experience with REST API(s)
- Experience with cloud storage, such as Azure Storage or equivalent
- Experience with data stores and databases (including performance tuning), such as SQL Server, MySQL, Hadoop, Redis, and Snowflake
- Experience with data analytics tools, such as Dynatrace, Splunk or ELK
- Experience developing full application stacks
- Experience in developing software systems, which employ data mining, machine learning, or statistical techniques, methods and algorithms
- Dealing with large data sets and developing analytic software
- Experience deploying cloud solutions into hybrid environments, including architecting services for simultaneous cloud and on-premise deployment
- Coordination of geographically-distributed teams
- Proven ability to develop modern, cloud-native architectures for e-commerce scale, SaaS-based products
- Demonstrable ability to develop software, write and test code via modern programming languages and deploy cloud-native solutions. This assumes principal software engineer/developer or sr. software engineer/developer competency
- Proven ability to analyze and compose business and technical requirements and work with project leadership to formulate architectures and plans for execution
- Ability to research, compose, deliver and defend technical presentations to audiences of varying size
- Ability to participate in multiple, simultaneous projects and move with agility to new projects as required.
- Ability to rapidly ramp-up on new technology and become oriented to new projects in order to be effective in leading and participating as a senior architect and technologist
- Must possess excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to process complex information and deliver results and recommendations at levels consumable by both technical and non-technical stakeholders. This includes the ability to communicate, strategize and lead other (domain) architects
- Ability to present and defend technical proposals in front of audiences of varying size
- Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities
- Strong leader skills – works well with people; able to determine roles needed to complete a project; ability to manage project and self effectively; comfortable communicating up & down the org chart
- Must demonstrate technology leadership skills, demonstrating the importance of good decision making and strategic discipline through example and mentorship
- Technical and IT expertise with the ability to communicate, strategize and lead other (domain) architects
- Expert in architecture design principles and system integration methodologies for geographically dispersed systems operating at e-commerce scale
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- Ability to effectively work as a remote employee (work-from-home)
- General office environment – as applicable
- Online Meetings via tools such as Microsoft Teams
- Member of a distributed, geographically dispersed team
• Flexible work environments
• Ready, Set, Grow Career Development Center & access to Change Healthcare University for continuous professional learning & development with more than 5,000 training assets
• Volunteer days, employee giving and matching gifts programs, community awards and dollars for doers, community partnerships
• Employee wellbeing programs and generous health plans
• Educational assistance programs
• US 401(k) or Group RRSP (Canada) savings plans with matching employer contributions
• Be sure to ask our Talent Advisors for more information on location specific benefits and paid time off policies
• Learn more at https://careers.changehealthcare.com
*Eligibility for some benefits may be limited or not available for part-time employees, be sure to speak with your Talent Advisor.
New York and New Jersey Residents Only: The salary range for New York City, NY and Westchester County, NY is $143,980 - $278,880.The salary range for Ithaca, NY is $125,200– $232,400.The salary range for Jersey City, NJ is $150,240 – $278,880.Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, Change Healthcare offers benefits such as a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with Change Healthcare, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion:
•At Change Healthcare, we include all. We celebrate diversity and inclusivity, respect each other and value our unique experiences. By being our authentic selves, we bring different perspectives into our work and relationships.
•Business Resource Groups (BRGs) play a central role in advancing diversity and inclusion at Change Healthcare. They deepen our understanding of different cultures, people, and experiences, and help foster an inclusive workplace. Change offers eight (8) BRGs. Learn more at https://careers.changehealthcare.com/diversity
Feeling Inspired? Ready to #MakeAChange? Apply today!
COVID Vaccination Requirements
We remain committed to doing our part to ensure the health, safety and well-being of our team members and our communities. As such, some individuals may be required to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to or during employment. Certain roles may require COVID-19 vaccination and/or testing as a condition of employment. Change Healthcare adheres to COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement
Change Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, or veteran status. To read more about employment discrimination protections under federal law, read EEO is the Law at https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/eeo-law-poster and the supplemental information at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Applicant requesting reasonable accommodation" as the subject. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Click here https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf to view our pay transparency nondiscrimination policy.
California (US) Residents: By submitting an application to Change Healthcare for consideration of any employment opportunity, you acknowledge that you have read and understood Change Healthcare’s Privacy Notice to California Job Applicants Regarding the Collection of Personal Information.
Change Healthcare maintains a drug free workplace and conducts pre-employment drug-testing, where applicable, in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
Talent Acquisition Process
Once you apply for a job opening, the Sourcing Specialist or Talent Advisor will review your resume ensuring your background matches the minimum job requirements. Selected candidates will be invited for a phone screen.
Steps will vary by team, but typically include: Talent Advisor phone screen, hiring manager interview, and a combination of technical screens and panel interviews.
If you're selected, you can expect the Talent Advisor to reach out with specific offer details. During this stage you will be provided with an electronic offer letter and other new hire documents.
Once you've electronically signed your offer, our onboarding team will get you ready for Week 1 and set you up for success! Onboarding tasks may include a background check, drug screening, and other job specific requirements.
Join Our Talent Community
Receive job alerts and stay up to date with ways that Change Healthcare is transforming the healthcare industry, one innovation at a time.