JAVA Software Engineer II Remote
Job ID R26097
Date posted 03/31/2022
Change Healthcare occupies a uniquely interconnected position at the center of healthcare. We believe it is our responsibility to test, adopt, and refine new technologies to help create a more efficient healthcare system. As healthcare technology leaders, we are passionate about building enterprise-class solutions using the latest cloud technologies and current development best practices. We have a bias for action with a broad mandate to innovate and provide world class healthcare solutions.
- Level: Experienced
- Travel: Local
What makes a successful Software Engineer at Change Healthcare?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
- Quick learner
There are numerous career paths and opportunities for growth at Change Healthcare. Below is an example of the trajectory you could have in your careers as a Software Engineer.
Career Path Steps
- Step 1: Engineer 1
- Step 2: Engineer 2
- Step 3: Senior Engineer
- Step 4: Staff Engineer
- Step 5: Principal Engineer
Our Total Rewards
Our Total Rewards strategy consists of a portfolio of offerings: compensation, recognition, well-being and benefits, that are aligned with our talent management strategy, enabling us to attract, develop, engage, reward, and retain employees. Our engaged workforce enables a high performing culture.
Paid Time Off
Volunteer Days and
JAVA Software Engineer II Remote
What will I be responsible for in this job? (brief summary of the role)
JAVA Software Engineer II (Remote) forms the back bone of the software development organization. This position requires excellent problem solving and analytical skills in addition to a high level of competency in object oriented design and programming. Produces commercial software components/services/solutions, execute moderate complexity software engineering assignments when provided high level business requirements and technical design guidelines from an architect or senior engineer with minimal supervision
What are the requirements?
• Years of experience:/Education:
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- At least five (5) years of professional experience developing software with the Java programming language
- A Master’s degree with at least three (3) years of professional experience in software development with the Java programming language
- Demonstrated knowledge of standard programming concepts, practices and algorithms
• Physical requirements:
What critical skills are needed for you to consider someone for this position?
- Skilled in Java technologies
- Spring Framework
- Java Swing
- Spring boot
- Oracle RDBMS and SQL syntax
- React or Angular
- GitLab, Git, Jira, Jenkins,
- Octopus, Ansible
- Extensive experience with Object Oriented Design Patterns and their application in enterprise software applications
- Extensive experience developing web services
- Demonstrated leadership and mentoring abilities
- Demonstrated ability of developing software components with little guidance
- Ability to perform under pressure
- Must have a basic aptitude for programming and analytical thinking
- Must have strong communication and inter-personal skills
- Ability to interpret written requirements and technical specifications
- Ability to write software code according to published standards and industry best practices
- A commitment to quality
- Demonstrated ability to function in a highly agile team environment
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- Ability to Think creatively and demonstrated good judgement
- Strong Trouble shooting skills.
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work independent with minimum supervision.
- Mentoring Jr DEV
How much should I expect to travel?
Negligible, if any.
Employees in roles that require travel will need to be able to qualify for a company credit card or be able to use their own personal credit card for travel expenses and submit for reimbursement.
Join our team today where we are creating a better coordinated, increasingly collaborative, and more efficient healthcare system!
COVID Vaccination Requirements
We remain committed to doing our part to ensure the health, safety, and well-being of our team members and our communities. As such, we require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment and we may require periodic testing for certain roles. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. Change Healthcare adheres to COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement
Change Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, or veteran status. To read more about employment discrimination protections under federal law, read EEO is the Law at https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/eeo-law-poster and the supplemental information at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Applicant requesting reasonable accommodation" as the subject. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Click here https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf to view our pay transparency nondiscrimination policy.
California (US) Residents: By submitting an application to Change Healthcare for consideration of any employment opportunity, you acknowledge that you have read and understood Change Healthcare’s Privacy Notice to California Job Applicants Regarding the Collection of Personal Information.
Change Healthcare maintains a drug free workplace and conducts pre-employment drug-testing, where applicable, in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
Join Our Talent Community
Receive job alerts and stay up to date with ways that Change Healthcare is transforming the healthcare industry, one innovation at a time.