Visit our career site, create a profile, and submit your application. Make sure to observe the job description and see how your background can align to the requirements of the role.
Vice President, Product Management, Platform & API Framework
Job ID R27304
Date posted 05/13/2022
Change Healthcare’s Platform & API Framework is the innovative foundation of the largest set of healthcare services in the world. The Vice President of Product Management will lead and manage a team responsible for scoping and prioritizing our technical portfolio across areas including Data and Analytics, Identity and Trust Management, medical/dental exchange networks, payments, omni-channel communications, and API Marketplace and developer experience products and services. This is a unique role defining and driving innovation across our industry-leading cloud-based healthcare technology stack.
You will develop the strategy, roadmap and oversee the execution of the strategy in collaboration with engineering teams and related business P&L leaders. Your position is a critical, highly visible and strategic leadership role within the company that has the potential to drive significant business impact while working throughout the company to address a wide variety of challenges, including scalability, user-visible features, and capabilities throughout our platform.
Your role will include end-to-end management of the product portfolio, product development roadmap and delivery in collaboration with execution and strategic partners. You will report directly to the Senior Vice President, Platform Engineering.
#LI-Remote - position can be remote.
- Lead and grow a team of Technical Product Management professionals spanning across all areas of our industry-leading, cloud-based healthcare technology stack
- Ensuring services integrate into the overall platform in a coherent and performant way, with an eye towards a coherent, unified platform serving all product lines at Change Healthcare
- Driving the evolution of the API Marketplace and eCommerce offerings across our entire product portfolio
- Adopt and adapt modern, industry best-practices in Technical Product management across the Platform Engineering team, successfully aligning critical customer and business outcomes to our platform engineering deliverables
- Develop strategic planning for the direction and control of technical product development activities
- Help drive technology and business transformation through the creation of the healthcare data cloud and analytics portfolio that will establish and maintain our leadership position in cloud-based healthcare technology
- Evangelizing and driving the adoption of modern, cloud-based services and solutions across internal business decision makers and with external customers & partners
- Drive an ongoing analysis across our existing portfolio of cloud-based, healthcare technology services and capabilities to scope, prioritize and deliver innovative platform services spanning the breadth of our product portfolio
- Identify and incubate new opportunities in this space for Change with new feature capabilities and new offerings that drive unique and differentiated customer and business value
- Drive engagement with customers and external-facing stakeholders to understand and analyze customer and partner needs across a highly competitive and evolving landscape
- Collaborate with executive leadership and partner with Finance, Business Operations and Sales to develop and drive business cases and plans for existing offerings and new innovations
- Partner with Engineering leaders to drive Agile delivery across both existing and new product and service offerings
- Work with highly talented teams to define and execute our platform integration and healthcare API roadmap
- Developing and executing detailed technical and operational plans for our platform
- Partner with engineers and product managers from across the company to clarify and focus platform integration requirements and act as one of the key thought leaders, both within Change Healthcare and across industry
- Size and complexity
- Strong product management experience, detail oriented and track record of success in leading strategic, innovative and cloud-based product initiatives in matrixed organizations.
- Ability to navigate and work across multiple constituents to develop, communicate, and support a company’s short-term and long-term business objectives.
- Functional and industry experience
- 15+ years of related experience in a Product Management role at a healthcare technology company. Consumer e-/m-commerce company experience a plus.
- Extremely high judgment and structured thinking to ensure solutions optimize for the highest opportunity areas
- Understanding of how to scope and prioritize requirements for scalable distributed, cloud-based systems
- Experience working with integration systems powering large mobile and web products
- Leadership competencies:
- Strategic thinking: capable of providing clear, balanced advice/counsel on a broad range of strategic and complex management, product and go to market issues up to and including Executive Leadership Team level.
- Driving results: results-oriented style with a high degree of analytical ability and proven problem-solving skills.
- Public speaking experience with presenting complex, technical information to large, diverse audiences (conferences, industry events, etc.) in a dynamic and captivating fashion both online as well as live.
- Leading change: ability to thrive and quickly adapt to change, leading others through change in a dynamic, fast-paced industry and work environment.
- Collaborating and influencing: effectively builds strong relationships and partnerships within and outside of the company.
- Leading people: Create clarity, generate energy, and deliver success while demonstrating Change Healthcare’s culture of inclusion. Ability to bring out the best in others and willingness to share context and vision in ways that help teams do their best work most effectively.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization with an open, honest and direct communication style that develops rapport and credibility across the organization and promotes ideas and proposals persuasively.
- Domain knowledge in areas of Big Data, Operational Databases, Analytics platforms, Data products, Data Governance, Privacy, and Security.
- Experience of defining, planning, building and delivering PaaS Services and SaaS based solutions with expertise in running cloud native solutions
- Thorough working knowledge of lean and agile development processes with a proven track record in using these skills to develop and manage products and people through the entire product life cycle
- Proven track record of building and delivering enterprise class products
- Hands on experience leading and managing high performing teams
- Strong awareness of technology trends, influence and impact
- Bachelors in computer science and/or equivalent experience
- MBA preferred
Travel generally could be as high as 50% of the time.
Join our team today where we are creating a better coordinated, increasingly collaborative, and more efficient healthcare system!
COVID Vaccination Requirements
We remain committed to doing our part to ensure the health, safety, and well-being of our team members and our communities. As such, we require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment and we may require periodic testing for certain roles. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. Change Healthcare adheres to COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement
Change Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, or veteran status. To read more about employment discrimination protections under federal law, read EEO is the Law at https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/eeo-law-poster and the supplemental information at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com with "Applicant requesting reasonable accommodation" as the subject. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Click here https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf to view our pay transparency nondiscrimination policy.
California (US) Residents: By submitting an application to Change Healthcare for consideration of any employment opportunity, you acknowledge that you have read and understood Change Healthcare’s Privacy Notice to California Job Applicants Regarding the Collection of Personal Information.
Change Healthcare maintains a drug free workplace and conducts pre-employment drug-testing, where applicable, in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
Talent Acquisition Process
Once you apply for a job opening, the Sourcing Specialist or Talent Advisor will review your resume ensuring your background matches the minimum job requirements. Selected candidates will be invited for a phone screen.
Steps will vary by team, but typically include: Talent Advisor phone screen, hiring manager interview, and a combination of technical screens and panel interviews.
If you're selected, you can expect the Talent Advisor to reach out with specific offer details. During this stage you will be provided with an electronic offer letter and other new hire documents.
Once you've electronically signed your offer, our onboarding team will get you ready for Week 1 and set you up for success! Onboarding tasks may include a background check, drug screening, and other job specific requirements.
Join Our Talent Community
Receive job alerts and stay up to date with ways that Change Healthcare is transforming the healthcare industry, one innovation at a time.