Software Engineer- .(.NET, C#, Java, Native Cloud ( AWS/ Azure)
Job ID R26921
Date posted 04/28/2022
Change Healthcare occupies a uniquely interconnected position at the center of healthcare. We believe it is our responsibility to test, adopt, and refine new technologies to help create a more efficient healthcare system. As healthcare technology leaders, we are passionate about building enterprise-class solutions using the latest cloud technologies and current development best practices. We have a bias for action with a broad mandate to innovate and provide world class healthcare solutions.
- Level: Experienced
- Travel: Local
What makes a successful Software Engineer at Change Healthcare?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
- Quick learner
There are numerous career paths and opportunities for growth at Change Healthcare. Below is an example of the trajectory you could have in your careers as a Software Engineer.
Career Path Steps
- Step 1: Engineer 1
- Step 2: Engineer 2
- Step 3: Senior Engineer
- Step 4: Staff Engineer
- Step 5: Principal Engineer
Our Total Rewards
Our Total Rewards strategy consists of a portfolio of offerings: compensation, recognition, well-being and benefits, that are aligned with our talent management strategy, enabling us to attract, develop, engage, reward, and retain employees. Our engaged workforce enables a high performing culture.
Paid Time Off
Volunteer Days and
Software Engineer- .(.NET, C#, Java, Native Cloud ( AWS/ Azure)
Software Engineer(.NET, C#, Java, Native Cloud ( AWS/ Azure)
Full time - Remote
Change Healthcare is looking for a Software Engineer to work in in a team of Native Cloud Engineers working on the Digital Patient Experience platform. The Digital Patient Experience platform provides the core functionality and experiences to help consumers navigate through the complex healthcare ecosystem to obtain care in the most efficient manner.
This role will be responsible for the design, development, test, and deployment of distributed software systems and Infrastructure as Code solutions in the Azure cloud. A successful candidate will have an established background in developing cloud applications, strong technical ability, and motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment.
You will be working in a team following lean/agile and DevOps practices, including test-driven development, continuous integration and delivery, and engineering best practices. This role will work with architects, other engineers, product and program managers in an Agile/SCRUM environment to deliver the requested features and improvements to the software.
- Plans, designs, develops, tests and deploys distributed software systems or applications for software enhancements and new products.
- Work collaboratively as part of an Agile team to build and deliver innovative experiences.
- Develop appropriate unit, integration, and end to end tests for the features delivered in a sprint.
- Actively perform code reviews and help evolve our code review guidelines to ensure quality code is shipped.
- Continuously refactor the codebase to ensure maintainability, testability, and performance.
- Work closely with Product Owners, and Technical Architects to deliver solutions that best meet our customer’s needs.
- Perform analysis of upcoming projects with a focus on backlog grooming and story estimation to ensure an accurate representation of work to be completed with accurate estimations
- Provide continuous feedback, identify process improvement opportunities, openly communicate, and collaborate to enhance team capabilities.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent is highly preferred
- 3 years +Proven full-stack development experience building enterprise-grade applications, preferably using Azure cloud
- Solid understanding of micro-service architecture, Domain-Driven Design, and advanced design patterns.
- Experience building scalable, performant, secure, and reliable cloud-native systems.
- Experience working with Azure and automating the supporting application infrastructure.
- Solid understanding and enterprise project experience using modern programming languages, preferably C#/.Net Core, Java
- Experience building automated CI/CD pipelines using tools like Git, or equivalent.
- Strong understanding of Agile methodologies
- Strong problem analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with Terraform and Containers is a plus.
- Experience with HIPAA compliance and the security of PHI data is a plus.
Join our team today where we are creating a better coordinated, increasingly collaborative, and more efficient healthcare system!
COVID Vaccination Requirements
We remain committed to doing our part to ensure the health, safety, and well-being of our team members and our communities. As such, we require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment and we may require periodic testing for certain roles. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. Change Healthcare adheres to COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement
Change Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, or veteran status. To read more about employment discrimination protections under federal law, read EEO is the Law at https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/eeo-law-poster and the supplemental information at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Applicant requesting reasonable accommodation" as the subject. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Click here https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf to view our pay transparency nondiscrimination policy.
California (US) Residents: By submitting an application to Change Healthcare for consideration of any employment opportunity, you acknowledge that you have read and understood Change Healthcare’s Privacy Notice to California Job Applicants Regarding the Collection of Personal Information.
Change Healthcare maintains a drug free workplace and conducts pre-employment drug-testing, where applicable, in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
Join Our Talent Community
Receive job alerts and stay up to date with ways that Change Healthcare is transforming the healthcare industry, one innovation at a time.