Visit our career site, create a profile, and submit your application. Make sure to observe the job description and see how your background can align to the requirements of the role.
Senior Software Architect - Payments
Job ID R27325
Date posted 05/27/2022
Senior Software Architect - Payments
Payments Software Developmentworks with business and technology leaders to understand the holistic business strategy and then works with architects and senior technologists to define solution specific IT architectures to support the strategy. The Architect, Payment Solutions drives the creation and execution of information technology architecture roadmaps, works with domain architects to design and review architecture and roadmaps for all domains, and determines operational gaps and develops methods for improvement. The focus is on scalability of our Payments platform to enable processing in sub second measured latencies across large payments volumes in a cloud environment. Architects need to stay in touch with framework initiatives across the Platform Teams to ensure that we are leveraging common technology services instead of rebuilding our own versions so the team can focus on our specialized area of Payments.
The Architect will participate in recommending the acquisition or creation of new products or technologies in order to fulfill the requirements. This could be the evaluation of external solutions, partners and open source software. The architect will need to be able to create the technology requirements and break them down into capabilities and perform an unbiased assessment of each option, closely citing pros and cons of each approach against the goals of the existing and future product needs. This role will focus primarily on transactional payment networks involved in the connectivity and high speed, high-volume, transmission, and processing of healthcare data between Providers and Payers. The candidate will have expertise in cloud-native technologies, microservices architectures, best in class CI/CD practices and tools and modern data technologies.
- Provides expert consultation to technical leaders and team leads regarding architecture and the use of technologies with a primary focus on transactional networks. These networks are involved in the connectivity and high speed, high-volume, transmission, and processing of payments and healthcare data between Providers, Payers and Members.
- Expertise in AWS cloud-native technologies as well as microservices, lambda functions, and containers and their management
- Engage in the development and delivery of proof-of-concept while working collaboratively with engineering leaders and their technical leads.
- Establish and implement the long-term payments architecture strategy.
- Lead technical aspects of sensitive business advancement initiatives such as M&A, partner evaluations, 3rd party technology assessments and alignment with technology trends
- Lead tactical technology initiatives and architecture development for special or highly complex engineering projects and new engineering projects requiring senior leadership
- Analyze trends within IT and provide recommendations to the enterprise
- Propose and develop holistic architecture designs by documenting logical architectures and use of technology including Architecture Decision Documents that clearly state the “why” of the decisions that were made and in what context.
- Design maintainable platforms. Balance complexity with quality attributes of the system to achieve quality goals with minimal complexity and maintenance cost.
- Identify and manage the quality attributes of the systems and design architectures to support those quality attributes of current and future volume projections.
- Understand and manage technical debt where it exists, what is highest priority to fix and what are blocking factors (if any) for the business.
- Establish and maintain relationships and broad knowledge of the businesses, product, and technologies across the organization
- Establish technical standards and ensure adherence through governance
- Provide general direction to senior managers and senior technical staff
- Periodic industry contributor through active engagement in communities, white paper development, industry conferences, and symposia while promoting the organization’s objectives, services, and relevant projects
- 10+ years’ experience in working with product and technical managers to coordinate the development and delivery of proof-of-concepts
- 10+ years’ experience in analyzing business and technical requirements/data and working with project leadership to formulate architectures and plans for execution
- 10+ years’ experience in researching, composing, delivering and defending technical presentations to audiences of varying size
Critical Skills and Knowledge:
- Must possess excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to process complex information and deliver results and recommendations at levels consumable by both technical and non-technical stakeholders. This includes the ability to communicate, and develop the strategy.
- Ability to present and defend technical proposals in front of audiences of varying size including trade shows, conferences, company meetings, and small venues
- Experience in strategic technology planning, execution, and policy development
- Proven experience leading technical, architectural and solution dialog with clients, product managers, senior technologists, and executives in order to understand needs and coordinate solution design
- Strong leader skills – works well with people; able to determine roles needed to complete a project; ability to manage project and self effectively; comfortable communicating up & down the org chart
- Must demonstrate technology leadership skills, demonstrating the importance of good decision making and strategic discipline through example. Focus on solving problems, making decisions and helping the team create progress with the least amount of activity and process needed.
Bachelor's degree in computer science or engineering. A master's degree in an IT engineering field is highly desirable.
Join our team today where we are creating a better coordinated, increasingly collaborative, and more efficient healthcare system!
COVID Vaccination Requirements
We remain committed to doing our part to ensure the health, safety, and well-being of our team members and our communities. As such, we require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment and we may require periodic testing for certain roles. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. Change Healthcare adheres to COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement
Change Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, or veteran status. To read more about employment discrimination protections under federal law, read EEO is the Law at https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/eeo-law-poster and the supplemental information at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com with "Applicant requesting reasonable accommodation" as the subject. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Click here https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf to view our pay transparency nondiscrimination policy.
California (US) Residents: By submitting an application to Change Healthcare for consideration of any employment opportunity, you acknowledge that you have read and understood Change Healthcare’s Privacy Notice to California Job Applicants Regarding the Collection of Personal Information.
Change Healthcare maintains a drug free workplace and conducts pre-employment drug-testing, where applicable, in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
Talent Acquisition Process
Once you apply for a job opening, the Sourcing Specialist or Talent Advisor will review your resume ensuring your background matches the minimum job requirements. Selected candidates will be invited for a phone screen.
Steps will vary by team, but typically include: Talent Advisor phone screen, hiring manager interview, and a combination of technical screens and panel interviews.
If you're selected, you can expect the Talent Advisor to reach out with specific offer details. During this stage you will be provided with an electronic offer letter and other new hire documents.
Once you've electronically signed your offer, our onboarding team will get you ready for Week 1 and set you up for success! Onboarding tasks may include a background check, drug screening, and other job specific requirements.
Join Our Talent Community
Receive job alerts and stay up to date with ways that Change Healthcare is transforming the healthcare industry, one innovation at a time.