Visit our career site, create a profile, and submit your application. Make sure to observe the job description and see how your background can align to the requirements of the role.
Senior Clinical Education Consultant
Job ID R31168
Location Chicago, Illinois
Date posted 03/13/2023
Applicant Data Privacy And Protection Notice
Opportunities at Change Healthcare, part of the Optum family of businesses. We are transforming the health care system through innovative technology and analytics. Find opportunities to make a difference in a variety of career areas as we all play a role in accelerating health care transformation. Help us deliver cutting-edge solutions for patients, hospitals and insurance companies, resulting in healthier communities. Use your talents to improve the health outcomes of millions of people and discover the meaning behind: Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
Please review the full template and ensure that you have removed all instructional sections prior to posting.
• “Fully Remote - U.S.”
Under the direction of the Director of InterQual Clinical Services the Senior Clinical Education Consultant will provide Clinical Education and Consulting to customers, as assigned, for InterQual Related Products and Platforms.
The Senior Clinical Education Consultant interacts with appropriate internal and external contacts to ensure program coordination and knowledge of customer business and InterQual education needs.
The Senior Clinical Education Consultant will provide services beyond basic educational services that may include but not limited to sessions for IQCI, IQCER and RM Implementations clients, including InterQual Customize and or Coordinated Care as contracted
This position requires dedication to teach the application of InterQual Criteria within specific platforms to ensure our clients can get the full benefit out of the products and services they have purchased
• Responsibility #1: Prepares and delivers education over multiple InterQual programs services and applications.
• Responsibility #2: Delivers client education for specific programs such as IQCI and IQCER
• Responsibility #3: Works closely with internal departments to support education programs and materials
• Responsibility #4:Collaborates with Services, Product and Project Management and Technical Teams to provide feedback for improved customer experiences
• Responsibility #5 Solves complex education issues as a subject matter expert
Requirements: List only the most important experience, skills, competencies, training, licenses, degrees – that would disqualify candidates if they do not meet all the listed requirements.
• Requirement #1: Registered Professional Nurse
• Requirement #2: BSN desirable or bachelors decree in health care field.
• Requirement #3: At least 3 years of Clinical Expertise & Experience
• Requirement #4: At least 3 years of Utilization Management Experience
• Requirement #5 Willingness to travel
Preferred Qualifications: List any additional preferred experience, skills, competencies, training, licenses or degrees – qualifications that are helpful to have but are not required and thus won’t disqualify candidates.
• Skill/Experience #1: IQCI certified
• Skill/Experience #2: Education/Teaching experience
• Skill/Experience #3: Masters Degree in Nursing or Healthcare
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements: If there are no explicit requirements, please leave this section in the posting and use the text below. Please see Job Posting Guidelines for more information.
• General office demands
Travel: Possible travel 30% of the time
• Employees in roles that require travel will need to be able to qualify for a company credit card or be able to use their own personal credit card for travel expenses and submit for reimbursement.
• Flexible work environments
• Ready, Set, Grow Career Development Center & access to Change Healthcare University for continuous professional learning & development with more than 5,000 training assets
• Volunteer days, employee giving and matching gifts programs, community awards and dollars for doers, community partnerships
• Employee wellbeing programs and generous health plans
• Educational assistance programs
• US 401(k) or Group RRSP (Canada) savings plans with matching employer contributions
• Be sure to ask our Talent Advisors for more information on location specific benefits and paid time off policies
• Learn more at https://careers.changehealthcare.com
*Eligibility for some benefits may be limited or not available for part-time employees, be sure to speak with your Talent Advisor.
California / Colorado / New Jersey / New York / Rhode Island / Washington Residents Only:
The applicable base pay for your state is listed below. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, Change Healthcare offers benefits such as a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with Change Healthcare, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion:
•At Change Healthcare, we include all. We celebrate diversity and inclusivity, respect each other and value our unique experiences. By being our authentic selves, we bring different perspectives into our work and relationships.
•Business Resource Groups (BRGs) play a central role in advancing diversity and inclusion at Change Healthcare. They deepen our understanding of different cultures, people, and experiences, and help foster an inclusive workplace. Change offers eight (8) BRGs. Learn more at https://careers.changehealthcare.com/diversity
Feeling Inspired? Ready to #MakeAChange? Apply today!
COVID Vaccination Requirements
We remain committed to doing our part to ensure the health, safety and well-being of our team members and our communities. As such, some individuals may be required to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to or during employment. Certain roles may require COVID-19 vaccination and/or testing as a condition of employment. Change Healthcare adheres to COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement
Change Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, or veteran status. To read more about employment discrimination protections under federal law, read EEO is the Law at https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/eeo-law-poster and the supplemental information at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to
Click here https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf to view our pay transparency nondiscrimination policy.
California (US) Residents: By submitting an application to Change Healthcare for consideration of any employment opportunity, you acknowledge that you have read and understood Change Healthcare’s Privacy Notice to California Job Applicants Regarding the Collection of Personal Information.
Change Healthcare maintains a drug free workplace and conducts pre-employment drug-testing, where applicable, in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
Jobs For You
You currently do not have any saved jobs.
Talent Acquisition Process
Once you apply for a job opening, the Sourcing Specialist or Talent Advisor will review your resume ensuring your background matches the minimum job requirements. Selected candidates will be invited for a phone screen.
Steps will vary by team, but typically include: Talent Advisor phone screen, hiring manager interview, and a combination of technical screens and panel interviews.
If you're selected, you can expect the Talent Advisor to reach out with specific offer details. During this stage you will be provided with an electronic offer letter and other new hire documents.
Once you've electronically signed your offer, our onboarding team will get you ready for Week 1 and set you up for success! Onboarding tasks may include a background check, drug screening, and other job specific requirements.
Join Our Talent Community
Receive job alerts and stay up to date with ways that Change Healthcare is transforming the healthcare industry, one innovation at a time.