Visit our career site, create a profile, and submit your application. Make sure to observe the job description and see how your background can align to the requirements of the role.
Client Advocate - Hospital - Payers - InterQual
Job ID R26971
Date posted 06/16/2022
The Client Advocate is a member of the Account Management team and is responsible for managing a block of business for new and existing customers for Decision Support/InterQual serving payers and providers. This position is responsible for activities related to the identification and resolution of customers issues, onboarding of new customers, implementation of new services and processing contract terminations. The Client Advocate will also be responsible for supporting key customer support processes for the block of business and account management team. The Client Advocate collaborates with the department lead and key operations and business contacts to ensure the most effective service delivery to customers with the goal of client retention.
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
- Manage multiple accounts; develop positive working relationships with all customer touchpoints and documenting client activity in CRM.
- Drive client satisfaction and retention
- Be the primary point of contact and build long-term relationships with customers
- Serve as liaison between the customer and internal teams
- Stay current on stay current on Decision Support/InterQual products and the Payer/Provider market
- Identifying risk to renewals as well as opportunities for upsell
- Partner with internal cross-functional teams to understand customer goals and key performance metrics and exceed those goals
- Provide input on new processes and workflows as needed to support clients and account management team
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- Bachelor’s Degree in appropriate field of study or equivalent work experience
- Up to 3 years’ experience in Customer Success, Customer Support or a related customer-facing role. Healthcare Payer and/or Provider experience is a plus
- Payer or Provider/Hospital account management/client retention experience with clinical decision support and/or utilization management
- Must have strong communication (written and oral) skills and a demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with all levels of internal and external organizations
- A focus on relationships, able to gain trust through communication, expectation setting and completion of planned deliverables
- Business acumen, sound decision making, analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities, balancing client deliverables on multiple projects as well as internal obligations
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to ensure all customer requests are fulfilled and issues resolved in a timely manner
- Working knowledge and experience with contracts and provide customer overviews and business reviews as requested
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- Experience working with InterQual or similar decision support utilization tool.
- Familiarly with technical solutions/software for providers or payers
- Experience working with multi-year renewals
- Dynamic personality able to effectively engage and influence a variety of audiences at all levels of a business
- Self-motivated and results-driven with strong time management and organization skills including documentation
- Ability to learn systems and new technology quickly and maintain SME level industry and product knowledge
What are the working conditions and physical requirements of this job?
- General office demands
How much should I expect to travel?
- Employees in roles that require travel will need to be able to qualify for a company credit card or be able to use their own personal credit card for travel expenses and submit for reimbursement.
- You will be required to travel up to 10%. Current state we are all working virtual.
- You can be based out of anywhere in the US within 1 hour of major airport
- This is a remote/virtual position
Join our team today where we are creating a better coordinated, increasingly collaborative, and more efficient healthcare system!
COVID Vaccination Requirements
We remain committed to doing our part to ensure the health, safety, and well-being of our team members and our communities. As such, we require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment and we may require periodic testing for certain roles. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. Change Healthcare adheres to COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement
Change Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, or veteran status. To read more about employment discrimination protections under federal law, read EEO is the Law at https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/eeo-law-poster and the supplemental information at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Applicant requesting reasonable accommodation" as the subject. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Click here https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf to view our pay transparency nondiscrimination policy.
California (US) Residents: By submitting an application to Change Healthcare for consideration of any employment opportunity, you acknowledge that you have read and understood Change Healthcare’s Privacy Notice to California Job Applicants Regarding the Collection of Personal Information.
Change Healthcare maintains a drug free workplace and conducts pre-employment drug-testing, where applicable, in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
Talent Acquisition Process
Once you apply for a job opening, the Sourcing Specialist or Talent Advisor will review your resume ensuring your background matches the minimum job requirements. Selected candidates will be invited for a phone screen.
Steps will vary by team, but typically include: Talent Advisor phone screen, hiring manager interview, and a combination of technical screens and panel interviews.
If you're selected, you can expect the Talent Advisor to reach out with specific offer details. During this stage you will be provided with an electronic offer letter and other new hire documents.
Once you've electronically signed your offer, our onboarding team will get you ready for Week 1 and set you up for success! Onboarding tasks may include a background check, drug screening, and other job specific requirements.
Join Our Talent Community
Receive job alerts and stay up to date with ways that Change Healthcare is transforming the healthcare industry, one innovation at a time.