Payer Sales Executive
Job ID R26873
Date posted 05/10/2022
With our consultative approach, we learn about each organization we work with and the issues they’re facing to determine how we can partner over the long term to provide the most value. We have an extensive portfolio of engagement, financial, and clinical products and services that can be leveraged to make the biggest impact to our partners’ businesses. We continue to serve as a trusted advisor, evaluating ways to solve challenges and provide solutions that are customized to their environment.
- Level: Experienced
- Travel: Local
What makes a successful Sales Executive at Change Healthcare?
Check out some of the key competencies we are looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Builds Networks
- Identifies Needs
- Plans and Prepares
- Presents Solutions
- Fosters Teamwork
- Drives Results
This path illustrates one possible career trajectory. Your career path could include lateral moves between our sales teams as you learn new products and solutions, progressively complex individual contributor roles or a career in Sales Management based on your aspirations.
Career Path Steps
- Step 1: Sales Executive
- Step 2: Senior Sales Executive
- Step 3: Sales Director
- Step 4: Director
- Step 5: Sales Vice President
Our Total Rewards
Our Total Rewards strategy consists of a portfolio of offerings: compensation, recognition, well-being and benefits, that are aligned with our talent management strategy, enabling us to attract, develop, engage, reward, and retain employees. Our engaged workforce enables a high performing culture.
Paid Time Off
Volunteer Days and
Payer Sales Executive
Change Healthcare is a leading healthcare technology company with a mission to inspire a better healthcare system. We deliver innovative solutions to patients, hospitals, and insurance companies to improve clinical decision making, simplify financial processes, and enable better patient experiences to improve lives and support healthier communities.
Sales Executive: Payer
This Sales role is a great opportunity for someone early in their healthcare sales career to expand their experience and expertise with a cutting-edge healthcare IT vendor!
The Sales Executive (SE) is responsible for prospecting Payer white space in the Provider Payments Solution area as well as partnering with Solution Sales Executives in closing new business and meeting the assigned quota. This role guides prospects through the sales funnel by providing them with information, answers to inquiries and questions in coordination with marketing channels, programs, and sales campaigns with the primary goal being to identify and build new sales opportunities. This role serves an assigned territory and named accounts. The Sales Executive is responsible for developing and mastering product and service knowledge to support customer questions and promote offerings while utilizing sales techniques to meet established goals.
- Selling Activities: 80%
- Collaboration with Account Management and Product SMEs: 10%
- Non-Sales Related Activities: 10%
- Responsible for sourcing and identifying new business opportunities in an assigned geographic territory.
- Responsible for making initial contact with prospective clients and managing customer relationships through the execution of contracts.
- Listens to customer needs and identifies new opportunities
- Collaborates with Payer Sales SSE team and/or sales channels and account management to ensure maximum efficiency and customer satisfaction
- Actively participates in account sales team calls/meetings with internal and external business partners
- Documents prospecting and sales pipeline activity in Salesforce
- Develops and builds sufficient technical knowledge of Change Healthcare product offering, vendors and laws and regulations relating to different states and or service delivery
- Completes other projects and assignments as directed by their manager
- Meets or exceeds established bookings quota
MINIMUM JOB Qualifications
- Healthcare IT Payer sales experience preferred, would consider IT/B2B sales experience outside of healthcare
- Four-year college degree or related and equivalent experience
- Minimum 3+ years of new business, opportunity qualification and field sales experience including experience with high-volume, account-based prospecting
- Demonstrated experience prospecting and selling paper check and electronic-based provider payments into the healthcare payer market.
- Experience in data tracking in Salesforce.com or similar CRM preferred
- Experience in knowledgeably educating, consulting and ultimately selling based on customer needs including the ability to assess needs and articulate product value
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to build relationships across the organization and collaborate as necessary to accomplish goals
- Positive and energetic phone skills, excellent listening skills and strong written skills
- Self-motivated and results-driven with strong time management and organization skills
- Ability to work effectively on a dynamic, fast-paced and growing team that is results-oriented and collaborative
- Effective analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to learn systems and new technology quickly and maintain SME level industry and product knowledge
- Willingness to make high volume prospecting calls via telephone
- Home Office
- Equipment: Frequently, approximately 90% of the time, uses a computer and telephone.
- Visual Acuity: Proofreads written information. Reads information on computer screens. Works with printed and digital copy demonstrates solution benefits via virtual meetings and conversations.
- Travel: Occasional travel up to 25% from office locations to customer and/or internal meeting locations.
Colorado Residents Only:The base pay range for Colorado residents is $77,045.00 - $158,025.00 plus any relevant incentive pay programs that may be aligned to the role. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your base pay, Change Healthcare offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental and vision plans; wellness program; health savings account; flexible spending accounts; 401(k) retirement plan; life insurance; short-term and long-term disability insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; tuition reimbursement; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
Diversity and Inclusion:
•At Change Healthcare, we include all. We celebrate diversity and inclusivity, respect each other and value our unique experiences. By being our authentic selves, we bring different perspectives into our work and relationships.
•Business Resource Groups (BRGs) play a central role in advancing diversity and inclusion at Change Healthcare. They deepen our understanding of different cultures, people, and experiences, and help foster an inclusive workplace. Change offers eight (8) BRGs. Learn more at https://careers.changehealthcare.com/diversity
Feeling Inspired? Ready to #MakeAChange? Apply today!
COVID Vaccination Requirements
We remain committed to doing our part to ensure the health, safety, and well-being of our team members and our communities. As such, we require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment and we may require periodic testing for certain roles. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. Change Healthcare adheres to COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement
Change Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, or veteran status. To read more about employment discrimination protections under federal law, read EEO is the Law at https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/eeo-law-poster and the supplemental information at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Applicant requesting reasonable accommodation" as the subject. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Click here https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf to view our pay transparency nondiscrimination policy.
California (US) Residents: By submitting an application to Change Healthcare for consideration of any employment opportunity, you acknowledge that you have read and understood Change Healthcare’s Privacy Notice to California Job Applicants Regarding the Collection of Personal Information.
Change Healthcare maintains a drug free workplace and conducts pre-employment drug-testing, where applicable, in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
Join Our Talent Community
Receive job alerts and stay up to date with ways that Change Healthcare is transforming the healthcare industry, one innovation at a time.