Patient Service Representative
Job ID R26491
Date posted 06/23/2022
Our Patient Service Representatives provide patients who call into our Contact Center with best in class service. Using your effective phone communication and interpersonal skills, you will positively impact the patient experience while also gathering and recording information in an accurate and efficient matter.
What makes a successful Patient Service Representative at Change Healthcare?
Check out some of the key competencies we are looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Good listener
- Computer savvy
There are numerous career paths and opportunities for growth at Change Healthcare. Below is an example of the trajectory you could have in your career as a Patient Service Representative.
Career Path Steps
- Step 1: Patient Service Representative
- Step 2: Senior Patient Service Representative
- Step 3: Team Lead Patient Service Representative
- Step 4: Operations Supervisor
Our Total Rewards
Our Total Rewards strategy consists of a portfolio of offerings: compensation, recognition, well-being and benefits, that are aligned with our talent management strategy, enabling us to attract, develop, engage, reward, and retain employees. Our engaged workforce enables a high performing culture.
Paid Time Off
Volunteer Days and
Patient Service Representative
Overview of Position
The role is responsible for communicating by phone with patients or insurance companies for the purpose of collecting and managing accounts receivable. The Patient Service Representative ensures the timely receipt of claim payments and minimizes bad debt accrual. In this capacity, the Patient Service Representative provides outstanding customer service and collection activities through efficient, effective communication and resolution of the outstanding accounts receivable balance.
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
- Responsible for working correspondence, edits and aged account receivable and identifying problem accounts to CHC leadership.
- Responsible for resolving and/or appealing denials and rejections. Responsible for identifying billing/system/collections issues or trends and reporting them to management.
- Assisting other representatives with client and/or procedural related questions.
- Meets productivity and accuracy standards as established by management.
- Other duties as assigned by the Change Healthcare Leadership members.
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- High School diploma or equivalent. College course work strongly preferred.
- Must possess excellent customer service and communication skills along with good math skills, ability to read, understand and follow verbal and written instructions; possess basic computer skills (Internet Explorer, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel).
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of healthcare billing and collection practices and methodologies in an automated environment. Knowledge of healthcare billing and/or collections practices. Working knowledge of insurances and general reimbursement types: PPO, HMO, Indemnity, Medicare, Medicaid, Workers’ Compensation.
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- Bi-Lingual (Spanish) or other language
- Professional phone etiquette
- Ability to multi task in a fast-paced environment
- Negotiation and problem solving skills
- Time management and organizational skills
- Display a positive attitude
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
What are the working conditions and physical requirements of this job?
General office duties and conditions
Join our team today where we are creating a better coordinated, increasingly collaborative, and more efficient healthcare system!
COVID Vaccination Requirements
We remain committed to doing our part to ensure the health, safety, and well-being of our team members and our communities. As such, we require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment and we may require periodic testing for certain roles. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. Change Healthcare adheres to COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement
Change Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, or veteran status. To read more about employment discrimination protections under federal law, read EEO is the Law at https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/eeo-law-poster and the supplemental information at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com with "Applicant requesting reasonable accommodation" as the subject. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Click here https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf to view our pay transparency nondiscrimination policy.
California (US) Residents: By submitting an application to Change Healthcare for consideration of any employment opportunity, you acknowledge that you have read and understood Change Healthcare’s Privacy Notice to California Job Applicants Regarding the Collection of Personal Information.
Change Healthcare maintains a drug free workplace and conducts pre-employment drug-testing, where applicable, in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
Join Our Talent Community
Receive job alerts and stay up to date with ways that Change Healthcare is transforming the healthcare industry, one innovation at a time.