Visit our career site, create a profile, and submit your application. Make sure to observe the job description and see how your background can align to the requirements of the role.
Job ID R28122
Date posted 06/30/2022
Overview of Position
This is a fulltime, exempt-level role serving the Clinical Review (CR) and Member Engagement (ME) units within Change Healthcare’s Government Services (GS). The Project Manager role is a high-visibility position involving interaction with stakeholders from multiple business areas and senior leadership. The incumbent’s primary responsibilities will be to proactively identify and quantify opportunities for process and quality improvement and to manage and implement midsize to large projects through all phases of the project life cycle. The role requires a high degree of autonomy and the ability to effectively demonstrate leadership within cross-functional work groups. The incumbent should be capable of driving multiple projects simultaneously. The incumbent should be highly analytical, self-motivated, and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with minimum guidance. The candidate should be a team player with good communication skills and ability to influence team members towards common goals. Excellent organizational skills are essential. The candidate may be asked support other initiatives and miscellaneous tasks as assigned.
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
- Identify and quantify new opportunities aimed at optimizing organizational processes, improving quality, or increasing operational capacity;
- Calculate and monitor costs, benefits, and ROI targets;
- Assist in the development of business cases for new initiatives;
- Partner with various stakeholders and internal and external counterparts to gather and document IT and functional requirements;
- Partner with various stakeholders and internal and external counterparts to perform process design or reengineering;
- Serve as the manager or lead on multiple small, midsize and/or large projects;
- Manage the day-to-day details of projects, including the plan, schedule, resources, scope, budget, and risks;
- Work in agreement with the strategic direction of projects, and apply and use standard documents and project methodologies as adhered to by the CR and ME units;
- Provide leadership to multi-disciplinary project teams, as well as manage work of outside consultants and third-party vendors;
- Closely monitor project and implementation progress to ensure adherence to timelines and expedient completion of deliverables;
- Provide solid documentation of all key deliverables and due dates;
- Facilitate and lead team meetings with diverse audiences, both internal, external and client-facing.
- Calculate and monitor costs, benefits, and ROI targets;
- Generate and deliver metrics, analyses, and reports, demonstrating project progress, and the value of ongoing initiatives or operational solutions;
- Find solutions for problems of moderate scope, where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors or consultation of multiple stakeholders;
- Communicate findings and recommend solutions to multi-disciplinary project teams and take the lead in presenting executive summaries to senior management;
- Illustrate salient points to diverse audiences using advanced data visualization software.
- In collaboration with the Senior Manager, Project Management, participate in the enhancement of policies, procedures, methodologies, documents, and workflows related to the division’s activities;
- Support miscellaneous tasks, initiatives, and duties, as assigned.
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- BA/BS degree in Business, Economics, Statistics, Public Health, Industrial Engineering, or similar discipline required
- Ability to handle numbers, including calculating costs, benefits, and ROI, and make data-driven conclusions;
- Ability to successfully manage complex, midsize to large projects and implementations and balance competing priorities;
- Ability to take projects through all stages of the project phases;
- Experience in business analysis, process design and reengineering, and requirements gathering;
- Ability to interact with and manage cross-functional project teams;
- Experience facilitating on-site and remote meetings and relationships for diverse audiences of stakeholders and functions, with ability to tailor delivery styles to fit needs;
- Ability to manage and analyze data from a variety of sources, and to generate analyses and reports;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and the ability to grasp key points from complicated details;
- Knowledge of advanced data visualization software;
- Strong organizational and time-management skills with the ability to work with minimal guidance;
- Ability to be flexible in the face of frequently changing priorities;
- Solid communication skills;
- Ability to work with a high degree of autonomy and minimal guidance;
- Ability to demonstrate leadership and sound decision making within cross-functional work groups.
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- Master's degree preferred.
- Minimum of 6 years progressive experience in a Business Analyst, Project Manager, or Implementation Manager role, preferably some in the healthcare-related industry;
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (including Microsoft Excel, Word, Visio, and PowerPoint).
- (Lean) Six Sigma Experience strongly preferred.
What are the working conditions and physical requirements of this job?
General Office Demands
How much should I expect to travel?
Occasional travel may be required.
Employees in roles that require travel will need to be able to qualify for a company credit card or be able to use their own personal credit card for travel expenses and submit for reimbursement.
Join our team today where we are creating a better coordinated, increasingly collaborative, and more efficient healthcare system!
COVID Vaccination Requirements
We remain committed to doing our part to ensure the health, safety, and well-being of our team members and our communities. As such, we require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment and we may require periodic testing for certain roles. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. Change Healthcare adheres to COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement
Change Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, or veteran status. To read more about employment discrimination protections under federal law, read EEO is the Law at https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/eeo-law-poster and the supplemental information at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Applicant requesting reasonable accommodation" as the subject. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Click here https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf to view our pay transparency nondiscrimination policy.
California (US) Residents: By submitting an application to Change Healthcare for consideration of any employment opportunity, you acknowledge that you have read and understood Change Healthcare’s Privacy Notice to California Job Applicants Regarding the Collection of Personal Information.
Change Healthcare maintains a drug free workplace and conducts pre-employment drug-testing, where applicable, in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
Talent Acquisition Process
Once you apply for a job opening, the Sourcing Specialist or Talent Advisor will review your resume ensuring your background matches the minimum job requirements. Selected candidates will be invited for a phone screen.
Steps will vary by team, but typically include: Talent Advisor phone screen, hiring manager interview, and a combination of technical screens and panel interviews.
If you're selected, you can expect the Talent Advisor to reach out with specific offer details. During this stage you will be provided with an electronic offer letter and other new hire documents.
Once you've electronically signed your offer, our onboarding team will get you ready for Week 1 and set you up for success! Onboarding tasks may include a background check, drug screening, and other job specific requirements.
Join Our Talent Community
Receive job alerts and stay up to date with ways that Change Healthcare is transforming the healthcare industry, one innovation at a time.