Visit our career site, create a profile, and submit your application. Make sure to observe the job description and see how your background can align to the requirements of the role.
Business Systems Analyst
Job ID R27345
Date posted 06/07/2022
Business Systems Analyst
Overview of Position
The Business Systems Analyst assists the IT engineering staff and the operations team in understanding the enterprise’s operational needs for both solutions to business systems and procedures of moderate scope. Collaborates with users and customers to define business requirements, user stories and acceptance criteria for system enhancements and new functionalities. Formulates and defines system scope and objectives through research and fact-finding combined with an understanding of applicable business systems and industry requirements. Includes analysis of business and user needs, documenting requirements, and proposing revisions to existing system logic as necessary.
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
- Formulate and define system scope and objectives based on both user needs and thorough understanding of systems and industry requirements with limited supervision.
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis
- Analyze business and user needs, document requirements and translate into user stories and acceptance criteria
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish the underlying true needs from user requests
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyze needs and develop interface design or user stories and acceptance criteria based on the defined requirements
- Serve as the conduit between the customer community (internal and external customers) and the software development team Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs
- Identify and clarify unclear or ambiguous requirements
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in Business Administration, Computer Science, MIS, or related Information Technology field
- Three+ years’ experience in business systems analysis, technical writing, and design analysis
- Two years experience in Pharmacy Industries; Healthcare or IT industries
- Three+ years’ experience writing detailed business requirements, business processes, user stories and acceptance criteria
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- Experience with software development project management and project life-cycle methodologies
- Experience facilitating requirement-gathering sessions
- Knowledge of system design concepts, client - server architecture, relational database design, reporting and related disciplines preferred
- Ability to assess work assignments, create timelines, report on progress toward those established goals and reassess as needed.
- Strong analytical and project management skills, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements
- Understanding of the healthcare industry and the information exchange between consumers, providers, clearinghouses, payers and employers
- Understanding of Agile principles and methodologies
- Excellent oral and written skills in order to effectively communicate with customers and internal staff
- Ability to formulate and define systems scope and objectives through research and due diligence
- Demonstrated ability to come up to speed quickly and balance multiple tasks
- Ability to coordinate teams of internal and external stakeholders through meetings and decision processes
Join our team today where we are creating a better coordinated, increasingly collaborative, and more efficient healthcare system!
COVID Vaccination Requirements
We remain committed to doing our part to ensure the health, safety, and well-being of our team members and our communities. As such, we require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment and we may require periodic testing for certain roles. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. Change Healthcare adheres to COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement
Change Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, or veteran status. To read more about employment discrimination protections under federal law, read EEO is the Law at https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/eeo-law-poster and the supplemental information at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Applicant requesting reasonable accommodation" as the subject. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Click here https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf to view our pay transparency nondiscrimination policy.
California (US) Residents: By submitting an application to Change Healthcare for consideration of any employment opportunity, you acknowledge that you have read and understood Change Healthcare’s Privacy Notice to California Job Applicants Regarding the Collection of Personal Information.
Change Healthcare maintains a drug free workplace and conducts pre-employment drug-testing, where applicable, in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
Talent Acquisition Process
Once you apply for a job opening, the Sourcing Specialist or Talent Advisor will review your resume ensuring your background matches the minimum job requirements. Selected candidates will be invited for a phone screen.
Steps will vary by team, but typically include: Talent Advisor phone screen, hiring manager interview, and a combination of technical screens and panel interviews.
If you're selected, you can expect the Talent Advisor to reach out with specific offer details. During this stage you will be provided with an electronic offer letter and other new hire documents.
Once you've electronically signed your offer, our onboarding team will get you ready for Week 1 and set you up for success! Onboarding tasks may include a background check, drug screening, and other job specific requirements.
Join Our Talent Community
Receive job alerts and stay up to date with ways that Change Healthcare is transforming the healthcare industry, one innovation at a time.