Visit our career site, create a profile, and submit your application. Make sure to observe the job description and see how your background can align to the requirements of the role.
Radiology Coding Quality Assurance
Job ID R28071
Date posted 07/15/2022
Change Healthcare is a leading healthcare technology company with a mission to inspire a better healthcare system. We deliver innovative solutions to patients, hospitals, and insurance companies to improve clinical decision making, simplify financial processes, and enable better patient experiences to improve lives and support healthier communities.
Radiology Coding Quality Auditor
Overview of Position
The purpose of this position is to perform Radiology coding quality assurance reviews on clients that are in the “live” environment and/or in “test” environment, as we start to transfer from the human coding environment to an Artificial Intelligence (AI) environment. This function will be responsible for being very familiar with the client pathways, coding guidelines with CMS, AMA, AHA and be experienced in performing Radiology quality assurance reviews. This function needs to be able to perform in a fast-paced environment and be able to work independently and very closely with other members of the AI team.
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
- Conduct audits of medical coding to increase coding accuracy and identify opportunities forimprovement and training within an organization that provides healthcare patient services
- Review audit results with medical coding management and staff
- Provide training on coding guidelines, medical terminology, and proper documentation techniques
- Serve as resource for information on coding standards and regulatory requirements
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- 7+ years radiology coding experience
- High School Graduate or equivalent
- Certified Professional Coder (CPC), additional certifications preferred, e.g., CIRCC
- 1+ years Microsoft Excel experience
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- 5+ years radiology quality assurance auditing experience preferred
- Microsoft Office Experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be task oriented and have ability to prioritize multiple projects with competing priorities
- Ability to meet internal and external targets and deadlines
- Multifaceted technical skills and ability to complete tasks in a variety of programs/applications
What are the working conditions and physical requirements of this job?
- Large percent of time performing computer-based work is required
How much should I expect to travel?
- Rarely would there be travel, possibly 1 trip a year.
- Employees in roles that require travel will need to be able to qualify for a company credit card or be able to use their own personal credit card for travel expenses and submit for reimbursement.
Diversity and Inclusion:
•At Change Healthcare, we include all. We celebrate diversity and inclusivity, respect each other and value our unique experiences. By being our authentic selves, we bring different perspectives into our work and relationships.
•Business Resource Groups (BRGs) play a central role in advancing diversity and inclusion at Change Healthcare. They deepen our understanding of different cultures, people, and experiences, and help foster an inclusive workplace. Change offers eight (8) BRGs. Learn more at https://careers.changehealthcare.com/diversity
Feeling Inspired? Ready to #MakeAChange? Apply today!
COVID Vaccination Requirements
We remain committed to doing our part to ensure the health, safety, and well-being of our team members and our communities. As such, we require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment and, when job-related and consistent with business necessity, we may require periodic testing for certain roles. Some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. Change Healthcare adheres to COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement
Change Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, or veteran status. To read more about employment discrimination protections under federal law, read EEO is the Law at https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/eeo-law-poster and the supplemental information at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Applicant requesting reasonable accommodation" as the subject. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Click here https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf to view our pay transparency nondiscrimination policy.
California (US) Residents: By submitting an application to Change Healthcare for consideration of any employment opportunity, you acknowledge that you have read and understood Change Healthcare’s Privacy Notice to California Job Applicants Regarding the Collection of Personal Information.
Change Healthcare maintains a drug free workplace and conducts pre-employment drug-testing, where applicable, in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
Talent Acquisition Process
Once you apply for a job opening, the Sourcing Specialist or Talent Advisor will review your resume ensuring your background matches the minimum job requirements. Selected candidates will be invited for a phone screen.
Steps will vary by team, but typically include: Talent Advisor phone screen, hiring manager interview, and a combination of technical screens and panel interviews.
If you're selected, you can expect the Talent Advisor to reach out with specific offer details. During this stage you will be provided with an electronic offer letter and other new hire documents.
Once you've electronically signed your offer, our onboarding team will get you ready for Week 1 and set you up for success! Onboarding tasks may include a background check, drug screening, and other job specific requirements.
Join Our Talent Community
Receive job alerts and stay up to date with ways that Change Healthcare is transforming the healthcare industry, one innovation at a time.