Visit our career site, create a profile, and submit your application. Make sure to observe the job description and see how your background can align to the requirements of the role.
Senior Accountant, Technical Accounting - Remote (Anywhere US)
Job ID R27341
Date posted 07/01/2022
Change Healthcare is a leading healthcare technology company with a mission to inspire a better healthcare system. We deliver innovative solutions to patients, hospitals, and insurance companies to improve clinical decision making, simplify financial processes, and enable better patient experiences to improve lives and support healthier communities.
Senior Accountant, Technical Accounting
Overview of Position
The Senior Accountant, Technical Accounting role is responsible for supporting key initiatives related to the Company’s external financial reporting, including the quarterly and annual financial statements and disclosures. This role will also support projects related to mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures as well as research and documentation of complex accounting matters and evaluating significant revenue arrangements at Change Healthcare.This position is remote.
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
- Supports key external financial reporting processes on Forms 10-Q and 10-K and for the Company’s quarterly earnings release
- Supports other high visibility projects such as acquisitions and divestitures
- Prepares research and drafts accounting whitepapers on complex/judgmental accounting topics
- Supports workstreams related to the annual audit, quarterly reviews, and resolution of significant accounting/audit issues
- Collaborates with team members and other stakeholders in finance and accounting organization to drive value creation
- Contributes to the review of significant and complex customer agreements and documents revenue conclusions for accounting and finance stakeholders
- Completes other projects and assignments as directed by people leader
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related business discipline
- 3+ years of experience in GAAP and standards.
- Advanced level of experience in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel)
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- Experience in large and/or public accounting firm
- CPA preferred
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organization and planning skills
- Ability to effectively interact with all levels of the organization and work through conflicts while building positive working relationships
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to prioritize both tactical hands-on work and strategic work to achieve project goals
- Ambition to further develop and grow into a leadership role in a world class finance organization
What are the working conditions and physical requirements of this job?
General office duties.
How much should I expect to travel?
None. Employees in roles that require travel will need to be able to qualify for a company credit card or be able to use their own personal credit card for travel expenses and submit for reimbursement.
Diversity and Inclusion:
•At Change Healthcare, we include all. We celebrate diversity and inclusivity, respect each other and value our unique experiences. By being our authentic selves, we bring different perspectives into our work and relationships.
•Business Resource Groups (BRGs) play a central role in advancing diversity and inclusion at Change Healthcare. They deepen our understanding of different cultures, people, and experiences, and help foster an inclusive workplace. Change offers eight (8) BRGs. Learn more at https://careers.changehealthcare.com/diversity
Feeling Inspired? Ready to #MakeAChange? Apply today!
COVID Vaccination Requirements
We remain committed to doing our part to ensure the health, safety, and well-being of our team members and our communities. As such, we require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment and, when job-related and consistent with business necessity, we may require periodic testing for certain roles. Some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. Change Healthcare adheres to COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement
Change Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, or veteran status. To read more about employment discrimination protections under federal law, read EEO is the Law at https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/eeo-law-poster and the supplemental information at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com with "Applicant requesting reasonable accommodation" as the subject. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Click here https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf to view our pay transparency nondiscrimination policy.
California (US) Residents: By submitting an application to Change Healthcare for consideration of any employment opportunity, you acknowledge that you have read and understood Change Healthcare’s Privacy Notice to California Job Applicants Regarding the Collection of Personal Information.
Change Healthcare maintains a drug free workplace and conducts pre-employment drug-testing, where applicable, in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
Talent Acquisition Process
Once you apply for a job opening, the Sourcing Specialist or Talent Advisor will review your resume ensuring your background matches the minimum job requirements. Selected candidates will be invited for a phone screen.
Steps will vary by team, but typically include: Talent Advisor phone screen, hiring manager interview, and a combination of technical screens and panel interviews.
If you're selected, you can expect the Talent Advisor to reach out with specific offer details. During this stage you will be provided with an electronic offer letter and other new hire documents.
Once you've electronically signed your offer, our onboarding team will get you ready for Week 1 and set you up for success! Onboarding tasks may include a background check, drug screening, and other job specific requirements.
Join Our Talent Community
Receive job alerts and stay up to date with ways that Change Healthcare is transforming the healthcare industry, one innovation at a time.