Visit our career site, create a profile, and submit your application. Make sure to observe the job description and see how your background can align to the requirements of the role.
Data Scientist - Customer Analytics
Job ID R26689
Date posted 04/27/2022
Data Scientist, Customer Analytics
The Data Scientist, Customer Analytics is responsible for strategic interpretation of data and business requirements to provide executive leadership and customer operations with customer centric data driven insights and data solutions. Working in collaboration with the VP, Customer Insights & Operations and the Sr. Manager, Customer Analytics, this role works to identify new business requirements across the organization, translate business requirements into data models, perform data engineering to combine diverse data sets, and develop custom algorithms for predictive models for the business.
Business and data requirements
Data modeling, machine learning and AI
Data product support and refinement
- Work with key business stakeholders to develop business solutions based on data driven insights
- Lead projects that combine diverse customer data sets to identify trends, develop custom machine learning models, and provide recommendations to optimize the business and address data-related problems
- Coordinate with different functional teams to improve customer data architecture, ensure accuracy of model output and implement new data gathering processes
- Create customized summaries, business presentations and documentation for internal business clients based on the results of research
MINIMUM JOB Qualifications
Education / Training:
- 4-year degree (Bachelors or Masters) in any of: science, computer science, statistics, mathematics, physics, engineering, machine learning, or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of experience using data analysis and machine learning to generate data driven insights and development of data solutions for business partners
- Experience with relational and dimensional data modeling, data engineering, and leveraging business intelligence technology to drive business impact
- Ability to work on multiple projects across functional teams
Specialized Knowledge / Skills:
- 2+ years of programming experience in Python, R, or SAS to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets
- 2+ years of experience in a variety of machine learning techniques including natural language processing algorithms, classification and clustering, time-series forecasting and predictive/prescriptive modeling
- Excellent knowledge of statistical techniques and concepts
- Strong written and verbal communication, and people skills to interact with all levels of management, business partners, internal clients, technology team members, and vendors
- Office environment or remote
- Travel up to 10% of the time
Join our team today where we are creating a better coordinated, increasingly collaborative, and more efficient healthcare system!
COVID Vaccination Requirements
We remain committed to doing our part to ensure the health, safety, and well-being of our team members and our communities. As such, we require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment and we may require periodic testing for certain roles. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. Change Healthcare adheres to COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement
Change Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, or veteran status. To read more about employment discrimination protections under federal law, read EEO is the Law at https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/eeo-law-poster and the supplemental information at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Applicant requesting reasonable accommodation" as the subject. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Click here https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf to view our pay transparency nondiscrimination policy.
California (US) Residents: By submitting an application to Change Healthcare for consideration of any employment opportunity, you acknowledge that you have read and understood Change Healthcare’s Privacy Notice to California Job Applicants Regarding the Collection of Personal Information.
Change Healthcare maintains a drug free workplace and conducts pre-employment drug-testing, where applicable, in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
Talent Acquisition Process
Once you apply for a job opening, the Sourcing Specialist or Talent Advisor will review your resume ensuring your background matches the minimum job requirements. Selected candidates will be invited for a phone screen.
Steps will vary by team, but typically include: Talent Advisor phone screen, hiring manager interview, and a combination of technical screens and panel interviews.
If you're selected, you can expect the Talent Advisor to reach out with specific offer details. During this stage you will be provided with an electronic offer letter and other new hire documents.
Once you've electronically signed your offer, our onboarding team will get you ready for Week 1 and set you up for success! Onboarding tasks may include a background check, drug screening, and other job specific requirements.
Join Our Talent Community
Receive job alerts and stay up to date with ways that Change Healthcare is transforming the healthcare industry, one innovation at a time.