Patient Services Representative
Job ID R27022
Date posted 04/26/2022
Our Patient Service Representatives provide patients who call into our Contact Center with best in class service. Using your effective phone communication and interpersonal skills, you will positively impact the patient experience while also gathering and recording information in an accurate and efficient matter.
What makes a successful Patient Service Representative at Change Healthcare?
Check out some of the key competencies we are looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Good listener
- Computer savvy
There are numerous career paths and opportunities for growth at Change Healthcare. Below is an example of the trajectory you could have in your career as a Patient Service Representative.
Career Path Steps
- Step 1: Patient Service Representative
- Step 2: Senior Patient Service Representative
- Step 3: Team Lead Patient Service Representative
- Step 4: Operations Supervisor
Our Total Rewards
Our Total Rewards strategy consists of a portfolio of offerings: compensation, recognition, well-being and benefits, that are aligned with our talent management strategy, enabling us to attract, develop, engage, reward, and retain employees. Our engaged workforce enables a high performing culture.
Paid Time Off
Volunteer Days and
Patient Services Representative
Work Location: Remote (Anywhere in U.S.)
Company: Change Healthcare is a leading healthcare technology company with a mission to inspire a better healthcare system. We deliver innovative solutions to patients, hospitals, and insurance companies to improve clinical decision making, simplify financial processes, and enable better patient experiences to improve lives and support healthier communities.
Position: The Patient Services Representative is responsible for answering patient calls and researching and resolving issues in order to receive maximum profitability for clients.
- Reviews claims to make sure that payer specific billing requirements are met.
- Follows-up on billing, determines and applies appropriate adjustments.
- Answers inquiries, and updates accounts as necessary.
- Protects/observes patient confidentiality per policies and procedure.
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Years of experience:
- 1-3 years’ work experience
- Healthcare and / or insurance billing, processing or customer service preferred
- MS Office experience specifically Excel
What are the working conditions and physical requirements of this job?
- Sitting for long periods of time
- Extensive use of the phone/computer
- Flexible work arrangements
- Paid Time Off (PTO), eight (8) paid holidays and two (2) floating holidays
- Volunteer days, employee giving and matching gifts programs, community awards and dollars for doers, community partnerships
- Ready, Set, Grow Career Development Center & access to Change Healthcare University for continuous professional learning & development with more than 5,000 training assets
- Your choice of four medical plans & My Healthy Changes well-being program
Diversity and Inclusion:
- At Change Healthcare, we include all. We celebrate diversity and inclusivity, respect each other and value our unique experiences. By being our authentic selves, we bring different perspectives into our work and relationships.
- Business Resource Groups (BRGs) play a central role in advancing diversity and inclusion at Change Healthcare. They deepen our understanding of different cultures, people, and experiences, and help foster an inclusive workplace. Change offers eight (8) BRGs. Learn more at https://careers.changehealthcare.com/diversity
Feeling Inspired? Ready to #MakeAChange? Apply today!
Join our team today where we are creating a better coordinated, increasingly collaborative, and more efficient healthcare system!
COVID Vaccination Requirements
We remain committed to doing our part to ensure the health, safety, and well-being of our team members and our communities. As such, we require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment and we may require periodic testing for certain roles. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. Change Healthcare adheres to COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement
Change Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, or veteran status. To read more about employment discrimination protections under federal law, read EEO is the Law at https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/eeo-law-poster and the supplemental information at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com with "Applicant requesting reasonable accommodation" as the subject. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Click here https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf to view our pay transparency nondiscrimination policy.
California (US) Residents: By submitting an application to Change Healthcare for consideration of any employment opportunity, you acknowledge that you have read and understood Change Healthcare’s Privacy Notice to California Job Applicants Regarding the Collection of Personal Information.
Change Healthcare maintains a drug free workplace and conducts pre-employment drug-testing, where applicable, in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
Join Our Talent Community
Receive job alerts and stay up to date with ways that Change Healthcare is transforming the healthcare industry, one innovation at a time.